Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcliam

Season Review DVD

I saw a few people mentioning a season review dvd for last season but I emailed the club and they told me they won't be making one for this season? God knows why! :unsure:

Probably because you can view all the highlights on Foxesplayer and they'll want you to sign up for that.

I guess also past experience might tell them that there's little or no profit in it.

Probably because you can view all the highlights on Foxesplayer and they'll want you to sign up for that.

I guess also past experience might tell them that there's little or no profit in it.

Yeah true! Just seems a bit strange considering we have had a DVD for every year but the one year we actually make the play offs and have a relatively good season they decide not to make one!

I can't imagine why many people would want to watch it tbf. I mean ok there are some good games/goals on there but it would just make such a depressing watch on the whole. I tape highlights off the TV every season and I'm probably just going to tape over this one.

The season reviews are so poorly made these days and combined with how fed up people are of this league I'm not surprised they don't sell many.

Disappointed in that to be honest. I've got most of the DVDs (all the season reviews) that the club release. People may say what's the point in watching it, but I like to look back at the season sometimes. 

They didn't do one in 06-07 or 07-08.

Despite the fact some don't like them, they're a way to preserve the history of the club season by season. I learnt 95% of what I know about Leicester in the 90s from the season reviews.

Such a shame and while I fully understand the commercial aspect of producing a DVD it does feel a bit like they're airbrushing the history (moreso 06-07 and 07-08). Since 07-08 I've been keeping my own collection of LCFC footage just in case they didn't bring out a DVD. (I am aware it's tragically sad).

And the Foxesplayer argument is invalid for now. They need to get out of the contract for the provider of the service and give us footage which is far superior to the 464kbps video we get at the moment first.

They didn't do one in 06-07 or 07-08.

Despite the fact some don't like them, they're a way to preserve the history of the club season by season. I learnt 95% of what I know about Leicester in the 90s from the season reviews.

Such a shame and while I fully understand the commercial aspect of producing a DVD it does feel a bit like they're airbrushing the history (moreso 06-07 and 07-08). Since 07-08 I've been keeping my own collection of LCFC footage just in case they didn't bring out a DVD. (I am aware it's tragically sad).

And the Foxesplayer argument is invalid for now. They need to get out of the contract for the provider of the service and give us footage which is far superior to the 464kbps video we get at the moment first.

Craig Levein, Rob Kelly, Martin Allen, Gary Megson and Ian Hollowhead were all in charge between 06-08, can't blame the club for not making a DVD during that time!

Odd because they gave that free one away at the West Ham game.

Couldn't they do that every last home game of the season?

That wasn't the dvd itself though. I haven't even watched that one yet, I brought the season review dvd after.

it basically was, had every goal and some interviews on. What else did you want to see? lol

The opposition goals (yes, sometimes it's nice to put a match on context) and a better quality of footage?

I'm not complaining as it was free but you'd have to be barmy to consider that a 'season review'

But they made a video review of the 92/93 Season and that ended with us losing to Swindon in the play off final and that was just as nasty as that Watford game.

There's always a bit of pride when watching that though. The defeat is more gallant. You can't be ashamed of being robbed after one of the most memorable comebacks ever.

Whenever I think of the Watford games I just get pissed off with us for being such tossers.

This annoyed me so much as to email Jim..

Hi Jim cheers for the reply. I understand it was out of your hands anyway. Just wondering if you can pass on another moan. I'm astounded we aren't bringing out a season review DVD. Its actually criminal. Yes we all know how it ends at Watford, but we had a fantastic game. I for one would love to have seen the draw v Birmingham sending us top, the annual thrashing of Derby, the two 6 goal games in January, to say nothing of some absolutely stunning goals v Wolves, Forest, Huddersfield etc. Then the drama of the game against Boro which finally got fans believing after Kasper's save. Then the amazing game v Bolton at the end of the season. To say NOTHING of that game away at Forest.

The club are missing out on some revue here big time in mine and many fans opinion. Whoever made the decision not to make one has made a big error!

Stu

Jim...

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your email. I will pass your comments on regarding the DVD, I will be honest and say that this is to do with a huge drop in sales over the last few seasons with supporters looking more to the internet and downloading the goals as the season progresses.

Nottingham Forest will live in the memory for the rest of my life, it’s a shame that we couldn’t get that on DVD either but I will definitely let the relevant people know your feelings.

Kind Regards

Jim

Me..

I appreciate your honesty. Don't people in all these high up positions (who are supposedly a lot more intelligent than I a plumber) realise that not everyone is connected to the internet though? Maybe the drop in sales reflects in the quality of the DVD? (Not that I moan about that, any review is better than none)

I assume by viewing them online you mean via Foxesplayer? I'm not having a go at you here, but I've heard its crap and a waste of money. It should also be free to STHs perhaps? However technology changes people still want hard copies of their own. Some people collect them. They make a very good present and something to look back on. I can't stand companies over reliance of the internet nowadays and this is basically another example. I do have Sky Sports and considering the amount of games that we were on TV last season I do have a considerable amount recorded. But they only have a short time span on the memory. In 5 years time when I want to look back on this season I'll have to revert to dodgy Youtube videos at best. Is it too late to get one done? Is it too late for them to do a Forest away special?
cleardot.gif

Jim..

Hi Stuart,

I have mentioned it to my boss and it should get mentioned at directors meeting so maybe something will come of it but as we speak it’s not happening.

I was actually talking in general terms about downloading stuff, I haven’t seen Foxes Player to be honest it’s not something I would buy as I am at the matches so don’t need it.

There are that many different ways you can watch the goals or action now but maybe we can do a downloadable version of the season that supporters can purchase and this is something I am looking into at the moment although it may not be possible, it’s definitely worth exploring.

I will let you know if anything comes of that or the DVD.

Kind Regards

Certainly something to bring up at the next FCC IMO

Brought it up at the meeting tonight Stu. Basically follows on from what Jim said. It's not cost effective for them to make them. Also this season half the home games were filmed in HD, the others weren't so it was felt that would affect the quality of the DVD.

Next season all home games will be filmed in HD and the plan is to release a downloadable season review from places such at iTunes, which will be a lot cheaper than the usual DVDs.

It wasn't possible to make a DVD of the Forest game only as there was only one camera feed for the game (due to it not being on TV), and the quality of that is really poor.

Archived