Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

A take on the summer so far

I think we all now accept there will be no new players signing until the players that are not wanted are moved on.

The players that are not wanted are in the main overpaid and have had personal fall outs with the manager.

As they are on over the odds our chances of moving them on are significantly reduced.

This COULD mean we are still left with them / most of them come the start of the season.

These players are not bags of shit in the main, just highly paid and have been given too much in wages which is the owners fault at the end of the day.

IF the owners are going to hamstring Pearson this summer until he offloads them, and offloading them is hard..... well.... maybe we should do what we can do in this situation, and try to find a coach that can make them work.

Just an thought, and another way of looking at our situation.

Maybe we will have to work with what we have got, and someone else may be able to turn that into something better than we have so far.

So the manager who has just got us in to sixth place, an achievement only he has managed at Leicester City in the last nine years, should be sacked because average players he didn't even sign were given ridiculous wages? Seems fair.

2 things

1) How would a different manager make the contracts any more sustainable? and help the club who lost £30m keep under FFP spending limits? The unsustainable wages still need to go, whoevers name is on the manager's door

2) Nothing will happen without going through the DoF.

The DoF was only just appointed, has he started yet? If so there's still a period of getting up to speed, going over the owners plans & wishes, meeting with the management team going over their ideas & formulating the plan to move forward.

Then it comes down to acting on that plan.

Who knows where we are in that process, seems ridiculous they didn't take this approach when they first arrived to me & even now it took all of post-season up, preseason AFAIK starts properly on July 1st... We'll see what happens from then.

It's obvious we need a couple of players (as all clubs always do) & whoever comes in it would still mean the ones gifted unsustainable contracts have to be shipped out.

The point I am making (which is just an assessment of the situation rather than my opinion) is it looks like we have high wage players that this Manager has binned with no comeback that we are struggling to move on.

It does'nt matter who's fault that is, it's the facts, so we may need to work with what we have, and if Nigel wont then someone else actually get them actually them earning that money.

It's just another way of looking at the situation.

You can bring your personal emotions & feelings to the table, but with a cold business eye you could see this view.

Here's my take on the summer so far, not very good weather, a lot of pointless threads and quite a few people need to take a reality check! :whistle:

lol

No-one has any idea who we will sign or when.

It isn't 'clear' that we have to offload anyone before we sign anyone. It's likely, but not 'clear'.

Assumptions assumptions assumptions...

And what if the next bloke can't work with them? We've just sacked a manager and his backroom staff, employed another one (possibly already in a job so compensation added) all to get a few overpaid players who have flattered to deceive trying to justify their extortionate wages.

And what if the next bloke can't work with them? We've just sacked a manager and his backroom staff, employed another one (possibly already in a job so compensation added) all to get a few overpaid players who have flattered to deceive trying to justify their extortionate wages.

If you are asking me personally as someone who has managed staff in the past for 16 years I would tell you a Good Manager can use the people given to him to his own benefit, whether they are his type of person, have the type of attitude he likes, wear the right clothes, listen to nice music etc etc.

They are tools that come in all shapes sizes and styles, and a good Manager will deploy the tools at his disposal to the greatest benefit for his employer.

I don't expect Nigel to get that as he is a former footballer, not a trained Manager of people, that last 3 months of bad form we had was a perfect time to shop window some of the unwanted players for me, and you never know, they might just have halted the choke.

But that's my opinion, and the post I originally made was as if you look at it just as a businessman.

And as for the statement that we don't need to offload to purchase, whoever made that must have been living on another planet for the last month, do you really think we would sit on our hands risking other clubs stealing our summer targets for no reason?

Our owners are pulling it right back in, the winds around the club have changed direction, and this coming season will be very interesting and not only in a positive manner.

If you are asking me personally as someone who has managed staff in the past for 16 years I would tell you a Good Manager can use the people given to him to his own benefit, whether they are his type of person, have the type of attitude he likes, wear the right clothes, listen to nice music etc etc.

They are tools that come in all shapes sizes and styles, and a good Manager will deploy the tools at his disposal to the greatest benefit for his employer.

I don't expect Nigel to get that as he is a former footballer, not a trained Manager of people, that last 3 months of bad form we had was a perfect time to shop window some of the unwanted players for me, and you never know, they might just have halted the choke.

But that's my opinion, and the post I originally made was as if you look at it just as a businessman.

And as for the statement that we don't need to offload to purchase, whoever made that must have been living on another planet for the last month, do you really think we would sit on our hands risking other clubs stealing our summer targets for no reason?

Our owners are pulling it right back in, the winds around the club have changed direction, and this coming season will be very interesting and not only in a positive manner.

Complete and utter nonsense. I doubt Pearson sold Mills because they disagreed on which Madonna album was the best.

If you've got a load of employees who aren't very good at their job, are always answering back to you and going on about how they'd rather work for another company, you're going to find it difficult to work with them. In fact if you had decent management skills you'd sack these kind of people and replace them with people who really want to do the job, have some knowledge and talent at what they are doing and who want to progress at said company. That would benefit you and you're employer.

As with anyone blindly anti-Pearson you're even clueless about real life. No wonder you don't understand the job of a manager.

Well said, and certainly correct. Excellent post.  :clap:  :clap: 

I doubt Pearson sold Mills because they disagreed on which Madonna album was the best.

lol one of my favourite things I've read on FT in a while. Might have to add it to my sig

Complete and utter nonsense. I doubt Pearson sold Mills because they disagreed on which Madonna album was the best.

If you've got a load of employees who aren't very good at their job, are always answering back to you and going on about how they'd rather work for another company, you're going to find it difficult to work with them. In fact if you had decent management skills you'd sack these kind of people and replace them with people who really want to do the job, have some knowledge and talent at what they are doing and who want to progress at said company. That would benefit you and you're employer.

As with anyone blindly anti-Pearson you're even clueless about real life. No wonder you don't understand the job of a manager.

Decent Managers make the unsettled ones see the merits of knuckling down, they don't just cast them off on the scrap heap.

Anyone who has been in management will know that good people are few and far between, most people have flaws, but a good Manager can get someone to maximize their positive traits for the good of everyone. Even if their own personal feelings about that person are not completely positive. They accept that there is no utopia where every employee is just exactly what they would wish for and accept their hand readily and take on the challenge.

p.s. I'll ignore you stupid pot shots at me as you know **** all about me so they mean nothing.

lol one of my favourite things I've read on FT in a while. Might have to add it to my sig

And a classic example of taking someones considered thoughts and spinning them in a ludicrous manner ala Blair's evil spin machine.

(Exits left and purchases popcorn)

Decent Managers make the unsettled ones see the merits of knuckling down, they don't just cast them off on the scrap heap.

Anyone who has been in management will know that good people are few and far between, most people have flaws, but a good Manager can get someone to maximize their positive traits for the good of everyone. Even if their own personal feelings about that person are not completely positive. They accept that there is no utopia where every employee is just exactly what they would wish for and accept their hand readily and take on the challenge.

p.s. I'll ignore you stupid pot shots at me as you know **** all about me so they mean nothing.

Sounds like you have the credentials to a tee.

And a classic example of taking someones considered thoughts and spinning them in a ludicrous manner ala Blair's evil spin machine.

(Exits left and purchases popcorn)

Or it's just funny. Spin? Fvcking hell do you really think anything anybody writes on here has any serious consequence? As if I needed somebody else's opinion to make my mind up about a post. Chill out mate :thumbup:

There are flaws and then there's just having a terrible attitude. Which leads to the flaws getting bigger. As well as even more flaws.

What kind of people do you work with? These footballers aren't a bunch of 14 year olds, if they're acting like it, it's them that's the problem. If they aren't aware of the benefits of knuckling down and trying their hardest to better themselves what the fvck are they doing near a club of this stature?

Beckford is 29 FFS. Mills 25 when he joined. St Ledger 28. Danns 30. Gallagher 28. Wellens 33. They are not new to this thing called football. Obviously you are, so I'll explain how it works:

If you're a footballer you try your hardest. If you're not very good, you don't get in the team (this is the case for all the players mentioned above). Of course you might be good enough to play a bit, in which case you continue to try your hardest until you get a chance. When you get that chance, you try your hardest again and try to play better than you did the last time.

If you don't try your hardest and/or you've got a disruptive attitude, you're fvcking useless to the football club and so you're shipped off to a shitter club who will play you regardless because beggars can't be choosers.

Now, it could be that all those players mentioned above (with the exception of Mills) understand that this is the way things work. And it could be, that just maybe, just maybe they took the other option open to them - to go and play for a shitter club who would play them because beggars can't be choosers. That doesn't mean Pearson cast them on to the scrap heap, that just means said players decided they didn't want to be second choice/have to fight for their place when clearly they aren't good enough to start. So they decided 'hey, Huddersfield are a pile of wank, maybe they'll put me in the team'.

But then people like you try to stir things up and make out like Pearson just can't get on with anybody. Never mind the 20 odd players who can obviously stand him. How ironic is it that these are the ones who are good enough to start and/or are willing to fight for their place. That seems weird, it's almost as if hardly anyone does fall out with Pearson, and that squad players go out on loan all the time because they're surplus to requirements. But how does that add up with Pearson being a dick? Why do the facts not support the claim that he's an arrogant badger-faced clown who all the players hate? Any answers Mack? I'm stumped!

Basically, Mack, if these players don't want to play here and try their hardest, why on earth would a true fan of Leicester City want the cvnts anywhere near our squad?

Change the title to 'a take on post-season so far'.

What did you expect to happen by the end of June?

Complete revamp of the squad and management? Probably. And I suppose you wanted us to win the league by now, too.  :rolleyes:

Archived