Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

Selling players to buy?

Keep hearing that we need to sell players in order to sign new ones....

So then why on earth didnt we sell Kasper. We need better players in the outfield. You can get away with an average keeper at this level. We got to 5th place with Weale in goal.

If we have to sell players then why are none being linked with a move? The only players that have told they can leave are pretty much worthless because of the wages they are on. Nothing seems to add up. Just wish we had answers. Monaco friendly has still not been confirmed by club. Reports in papers that Dave Richards and another bloke have joined the board, but no announcement? I simply don't get it.

Just to add to this. I feel a new left back is essential. The amount of goals we conceded last season that came from Koncheskys side of the pitch was ridiculous. He's awful at defending. His positioning is all over the place. He offers nothing and Schlupp simply isn't good enough for the whole season.

Just to add to this. I feel a new left back is essential. The amount of goals we conceded last season that came from Koncheskys side of the pitch was ridiculous. He's awful at defending. His positioning is all over the place. He offers nothing and Schlupp simply isn't good enough for the whole season.

Kudos for realising that the Pickled Egg is a bucket of horse manure. We let so many in from that side it was scary.

As above, now that Airshot Becks has finally been shunted on, we should see some inbound movement at last.

I don't get why Kennedy was allowed to move on. I would rather him than konchesky at left back. Hes in his last year of contract though so you never know he might try harder. That said it wasn't lack of effort last season, it was lack of pace and quality.

Jermaine Beckford's sale will free up some funds.

I totally agree a left-back is a major priority as well.

Not really. Need to get Wellens, Gallagher & Danns gone to (maybe Konchesky & SSL too) ... In order to have a chance of getting the outgoings under FFP ceiling

I too think think we're desperate for a LB, Konchesky's Premiership wage could be put to much better use across 2 or 3

Hey OP, I too think Kasper is a saleable asset. He's no doubt on a good wage too & we could get a reasonable price for

But we won't deal with Hull & I doubt Schmeichel can see much benefit in going there over running his contract down & holding all the cards on a move next summer. Hull refused to do business with us over Koren, Chester & Stewart who NP went in for, so we're hardly going to accept their first offer, they were just trying it on.

Other clubs will probably come in for Schmeichel & we could strengthen in the outfield on the money raised.

I don't think we're in a position to let him run his contract down & go for free next summer (which may be what he wants in order to earn himself a bigger signing fee & wage...)

Director of Football's priority is finding finding a home for Wellens, Gallagher, Danns & maybe Konchesky, SSL & Kasper too

I reluctantly agree with the Kasper comment. A £5 million keeper in the championship is a luxury..... However I'm glad we didn't sell him as he is definitely worth points for us. This Financial FairPlay shit is bollocks.

We wasn`t being offered £5 million though!

I reluctantly agree with the Kasper comment. A £5 million keeper in the championship is a luxury..... However I'm glad we didn't sell him as he is definitely worth points for us. This Financial FairPlay shit is bollocks.

We were being offered less than £2 million though.

It's probably more to do with getting high wage earners who aren't in the plans and some reserve/ on the fringe players off the books to free up funds, as opposed to selling our main players.

We were being offered less than £2 million though.

It's probably more to do with getting high wage earners who aren't in the plans and some reserve/ on the fringe players off the books to free up funds, as opposed to selling our main players.

I doubt we're going to let a £2m+ asset walk next summer.

Hull was never on the cards, he's hardly going to jump at the chance of going there and we probably don't answer the phone to them... Other may come in & if they do, can we afford not to sell & risk him walking? Nevermind the fact he's probably on a fair whack & we need the money this season.

What I mean is that Beckford was on serious money, up to £30k a week according to some.

Taking that packet off the books frees up enough money for a quality left-back and then some. 

I totally agree we need to ship out the usual suspects to really make that difference though.

I doubt we're going to let a £2m+ asset walk next summer.

Hull was never on the cards, he's hardly going to jump at the chance of going there and we probably don't answer the phone to them... Other may come in & if they do, can we afford not to sell & risk him walking? Nevermind the fact he's probably on a fair whack & we need the money this season.

We probably won't let him walk, but we haven't got a £5 million asset as no-one was, or would be, willing to pay that.

We probably won't let him walk, but we haven't got a £5 million asset as no-one was, or would be, willing to pay that.

You say that but Palace could be paying up to 8 mill for t ( Crystal)Gayle from Peterborough,with add ons ,8 mill for someone who has only been in the Championship for a season.

What I mean is that Beckford was on serious money, up to £30k a week according to some.

Taking that packet off the books frees up enough money for a quality left-back and then some. 

I totally agree we need to ship out the usual suspects to really make that difference though.

We're not £30k a week over the ceiling, last financial figures we lost about £27m for the season bringing it to around £100m of total debt

To turn around a £27m loss into a supposed maximum of £5m loss we're going to need a tad more than Beckford gone & the wind to blow in the right direction, don't forget the TV deal is worth less too & we probably won't be on 22 out of 23 times again.

I said £2m+

Don't know where people get £5m from, unless it turns into a bidding auction among top half clubs, which it won't as he's not that good (was for the run in, but before that... debatable)

I misread this as 'smiling players to buy', which seemed a little odd but I thought it might be quite entertaining. Alas it's another boring thread like 5,000,000 others that have already been posted this summer.

Good to hear we are just about there would have guessed myself we would still have a lot of work to do to reduce the expenditure I'm surprised we haven't cashed in on Kasper by now

Though the main reason is to be within FFP regulations, the club are just about inside it, but buying players would take them over, the main priority is reducing the wage bill more than anything.

can you confirm which players have been told to leave? I can't see DD being listed and not Futacs my self

We're not £30k a week over the ceiling, last financial figures we lost about £27m for the season bringing it to around £100m of total debt

To turn around a £27m loss into a supposed maximum of £5m loss we're going to need a tad more than Beckford gone & the wind to blow in the right direction, don't forget the TV deal is worth less too & we probably won't be on 22 out of 23 times again.

The last financial figures were for Svens mad season and not last year. We'd be much closer now, in fact with us rejecting offers for players of say very close.

The last financial figures were for Svens mad season and not last year. We'd be much closer now, in fact with us rejecting offers for players of say very close.

OK, but rejecting offers for players doesn't mean you won't sell, it just means the price you would maybe sell for hasn't been reached.... especially one who's actually an asset who could walk for free in a year.

and of course it was Hull, who we're about as likely to sell Schmeichel too as they were to sell Stewart, Koren & Chester to us

OK, but rejecting offers for players doesn't mean you won't sell, it just means the price you would maybe sell for hasn't been reached.... especially one who's actually an asset who could walk for free in a year.

and of course it was Hull, who we're about as likely to sell Schmeichel too as they were to sell Stewart, Koren & Chester to us

I'm aware they could still be sold if the right offer came in. But if we were up shit creek then we'd have been accepting offers like that.

Archived