Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Port Vale match thread.

Because Morgan as high expectations he didn't really do a lot, and he obviously had better games against better opposition. Whitbread looked a lot better than when I've previously seen him play. Danns like you said was very good too. Vardy though I disagree with a lot of people. He still couldn't finish. Just looks like the same old Vardy who gives %100 runs round all game but can't finish. I would sooner have a striker who looks like they don't care but scores goal. Like Yakubu 

Good Performances:

Zak Whitbread

Neil Danns

Martyn Waghorn

Paul Koncheskey

Okay performances (nothing special)

Wes Morgan

Sean St Ledger

Kasper Schmeichel

Ritchie De Laet

Ben Marshall

Jamie Vardy (Even that all he does is run round like a head less chicken but can't finish which was proved yesterday again)

Under performed

Andy King

Must of been watching a different game? I thought wes was solid and his class showed when anytime he was put under pressure he came out on top and never looked out of control. also vardy, i thought he made good chances out of nothing, he looked stronger and more composed than he had been in the past. I thought the only under performer was whitbread personally and curious how you thought other?

On another note one thing I would like to be improved on before the season starts and showed up once again yesterday is our corners. So many are wasted opportunitys!

Must of been watching a different game? I thought wes was solid and his class showed when anytime he was put under pressure he came out on top and never looked out of control. also vardy, i thought he made good chances out of nothing, he looked stronger and more composed than he had been in the past. I thought the only under performer was whitbread personally and curious how you thought other?

On another note one thing I would like to be improved on before the season starts and showed up once again yesterday is our corners. So many are wasted opportunitys!

Wes again to me was just how Wes has always been. So he didn't stand out, I seem Whitbread at Barsnley and once or twice before and he had a shocker. Where as last night he was more solid and impressed. I still struggle to see what Vardy offered, he's not a goal scorer and I would use him as a winger with his pace. Playing upfront he found his lever yesterday. League 1 and even that is a push because they was league 2 last season

I was encouraged with what I saw tonight. They looked incredibly fit - even right at the end we were beating them to every single ball, they just looked full of energy.

Our ball retention was excellent. We did give it away a couple of times but even Barcelona do, we just looked comfortable in possession and our movement was very decent.

I'd take a 1-0 win with a performance like that over a 6-0 scrap. Also, Vardy - excellent. If he can play like that in the league then he'll be an asset this season, and I'm not joking either, he looked like the player I hoped we'd signed 12 months ago.

Just a friendly but encouraging signs tonight. Good work.

Sounds very encouraging!!!

You've contradicted yourself there, you can't say friendly results don't matter then complain about the result.

You must know by now that when you have a negative view of the club pre-season wins don't matter but pre-season defeats are all important in showing how awful we are.

I'm pleased to see Danns had a good game. I reiterate I think we're yet to see the best of him in a City shirt.

He'd be in my starting 11 against Borough.

In what formation?

We've got 3 better centre mids in Knocky, King and James.

In what formation?

We've got 3 better centre mids in Knocky, King and James.

Said it before mate, I'd not start King away from home. I've explained why countless times.

3-5-2.

Kingfox, banter aside, has it spot on in the 'change of formation' thread.

Said it before mate, I'd not start King away from home. I've explained why countless times.

3-5-2.

Well I can see where you're coming from tbf. I don't read every thread :D

Still, for me that's an argument for a new signing if possible. I'm not confident in Danns at all.

Well I can see where you're coming from tbf. I don't read every thread :D

Still, for me that's an argument for a new signing if possible. I'm not confident in Danns at all.

Don't tell Babs but I think we should sign a defensive midfielder... A big stopper.... Keep it to yourself though

:thumbup:

Careful, he'll call you a troll if you disagree with him........

lol

The whole 'troll' thing really is a catch-all for anyone who disagrees with someone or who has views outside the tedious mainstream and who isn't afraid to express them.

3-5-2.

Love you Col  :thumbup:

I like the tactical and formation side of things, it's how we will have to adopt it if we do choose to play that formation, we can't play attacking all the time, and if we have to leave Knockaert on the bench, and replace him with a more defensive midfielder then so be it.

Chris Baird would be perfect for that role, free transfer, he can sit their break up attacks, and if injuries occur at centre back, he can play there also. 

Also another thing, if we do get a midfielder in, they are not guaranteed to play week in week out, as James and King are likely and good enough to be first choice, people have mentioned Chalobah & Ake, for me these two would prefer to play week in week out, where someone like Baird or another player wouldn't mind being on the bench. Just going to put two names out their, as they are unlikely to get game time in the Premier League, Dean Hammond of Southampton was on loan at Brighton last season or David Fox of Norwich. 

3-5-2.

Not that I necessarily agree with you but Danns certainly gives us this option away from home and it would certainly be very tempting. I'm liking this 3-5-2 a lot, competition throughout the squad. Maybe could do with another centre back though. 

Archived