Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trel

Long Term replacement for Konch

Well maybe not, but it's good enough for the time being and it'll give Pearson and his staff time to see whether Bakayogo is good enough to be starting games or whether he needs to be used as back-up. He needs to be given a chance as our first choice LB and if he doesn't do a great job then Jeff and Miquel can fill in until January.

Give Bakayogo a start against Birmingham. He was bought in to play left back so give him a chance. He will be eager to impress and he probably feels he has something to prove as he has never played in the championship before.

Miquel has joined to get games, so once he has settled in I would expect him to play regularly like Keane did last year, so that could be as left back in a 442 or one of the 3 centre backs in a 352, however with Moore's early form, just a question of whether NP is happy to play 2 younger players either side of Wes

From how Ronnie Moore described Bakayoyo, can only see him being a wing back in a 352

Jeff isn't a bad left back but I cannot image he is the full time replacement. Can't really comment on Zoom because I've never seen him play, but people do say he isn't as good defensively. Although Miquel can slot in if required I think.

The bizarre thing is we played Konch at wing back when he isn't one, yet when we switch to 4 at the back we play a winger slash striker slash wing back at left back. An Bakayogo is nowhere to be seen.

Well it would seem bizarre if we had another manager.

I'm assuming that Pearson has nothing to do with Konch leaving, surely you wouldn't willingly sell a player when you haven't seen his replacement play first team football yet?

No manager sells/loans players if they don't have cover. Oh hold on .......

Well it would seem bizarre if we had another manager.

I'm assuming that Pearson has nothing to do with Konch leaving, surely you wouldn't willingly sell a player when you haven't seen his replacement play first team football yet?

No manager sells/loans players if they don't have cover. Oh hold on .......

You're just being pedantic there, we do have cover, we have a left back in the squad, he's just not started a game. There's no issue with selling Konchesky for me, he's past it and on big wages. If we do get rid it might free up some money for other players. It's a no brainer really.

I just object to Schlupp being started at left back and yet using Konchesky as wing back for the first games.

You're just being pedantic there, we do have cover, we have a left back in the squad, he's just not started a game. There's no issue with selling Konchesky for me, he's past it and on big wages. If we do get rid it might free up some money for other players. It's a no brainer really.

I just object to Schlupp being started at left back and yet using Konchesky as wing back for the first games.

Pedantic?

We have a left back in the squad that NFP hasn't seen play at this level.

He hasn't looked like a defender though has he and according to Arsenal fans Miquel is poor at LB.

I don't know, I think Jeff has looked like a competent left-back this season. We've kept a clean sheet in the game he's started at LB so I think it's worth persevering with. I mean, I doubt he's going to get ahead of Nugent or Wood any time soon given their goal scoring record last season and Vardy has started well, so I see no reason why Jeff can't continue at the back for the time being. I certainly think that we should give Miquel a chance at left-back if we need too, the Arsenal fans have very different expectations.

I think that some of the comments on here are absolute shite can't comment on a player that we have never seen play and got on fee

I've seen him play once. He was alright. Stop trying to convince yourself he's shit because he's come up a level.

He's clearly been bought for a reason. With the amount of money we've got available, I doubt we'd be frittering it on people never likely to play. And Bakayogo was out of contract and on a lot of Championship teams radars apparently.

Archived