Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryanw21

Conrad Logan

It makes me laugh how they just say it's banter to give them an easy way out.

like I said earlier,it didn't bother me but when you are in the public eye and it was a mate,perhaps banter by text would have been a wiser option,rather than cause a storm with some.Did he have a pop at you Bert?

I like players like Logan and Dyer who don't kick up a fuss if they spend a lot of time on the bench. It's an asset to have a reserve keeper who trains hard and is committed but is happy to sit on the bench. If he's got the right temperament and attitude to fulfil the duty of reserve keeper then he's deserving of his relatively decent salary (he won't be on megabucks).  

If Watford had Logan available instead of some kid who couldn't catch a football for their match against Leeds, they would probably be playing in the premier league this season.

I like players like Logan and Dyer who don't kick up a fuss if they spend a lot of time on the bench. It's an asset to have a reserve keeper who trains hard and is committed but is happy to sit on the bench. If he's got the right temperament and attitude to fulfil the duty of reserve keeper then he's deserving of his relatively decent salary (he won't be on megabucks).  

If Watford had Logan available instead of some kid who couldn't catch a football for their match against Leeds, they would probably be playing in the premier league this season.

True

Conrad Logan could be playing week in week out for a desperate League Two club, but he's quite happy to sit on our bench every week, he's happy to collect his wages without actually playing football. I don't consider someone a 'cracking servant' because they're happy to sit on the bench for however many years and collect their wages. It's footballers who actually care enough about the sport to drop down a level or take a wage cut if they have to, to be regularly playing games that deserve our respect (Note: That doesn't really have anything to do with the tweets, I just don't like that a footballer can be satisfied with sitting on the bench for their entire career).

Now you see I think their a several reasons why he doesn't do that

i) He's probably getting somewhere between 2-5k here depending on when he signed his last contract, he'd be lucky to get 1.5 in League Two (if you ask me, he's nowhere near good enough for One)

ii) I think he'd view playing first team football on a contract away from us as a risk. Conrad, from what I've seen, has been getting progressively worse every time I've seen him turn out for the football club since about 2007/2008. There is a reason he isn't even rolled out for most cup games and that is he's just not good enough. There is a chance, should he go and play League Two, that he'd end up being deemed not good enough for that level and before you know it your down playing Conference North at the age of 31, not great when you can happily set on your lower end Championship wage for say another 5 years.

He doesn't bother me, he'll be cheap enough, as long as he's a stop gap between losing Schemical and getting a proper replacement in fair enough. 

Conrad Logan could be playing week in week out for a desperate League Two club, but he's quite happy to sit on our bench every week, he's happy to collect his wages without actually playing football. I don't consider someone a 'cracking servant' because they're happy to sit on the bench for however many years and collect their wages. It's footballers who actually care enough about the sport to drop down a level or take a wage cut if they have to, to be regularly playing games that deserve our respect (Note: That doesn't really have anything to do with the tweets, I just don't like that a footballer can be satisfied with sitting on the bench for their entire career).

Or as he's been here for several years he may be settled in, have his own house kids wife etc. He may also enjoy being at the club training and have good friends within the team not just the fact of sitting around collecting his wages he may enjoy the fact that he looks forward to going into work the next day instead of feeling uncomfortable at some league two side up north.

In all seriousness, if Kasper got a bad injury we'd get an emergency loan I imagine. So for the very small chance that we need a sub keeper in a game why are we paying him any wages at all? Just let a player do it for rest of game and get a loan in (or have smith or a youngster on the bench).

In all seriousness, if Kasper got a bad injury we'd get an emergency loan I imagine. So for the very small chance that we need a sub keeper in a game why are we paying him any wages at all? Just let a player do it for rest of game and get a loan in (or have smith or a youngster on the bench).

Because in reality we are more than likely to lose Kasper for 2/3 games at a time than 6 months and having him cover those games wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and he costs us next to nothing in wages. I dunno what smiths like but he's certainly preferable to an outfield player. 

Now you see I think their a several reasons why he doesn't do that

i) He's probably getting somewhere between 2-5k here depending on when he signed his last contract, he'd be lucky to get 1.5 in League Two (if you ask me, he's nowhere near good enough for One)

ii) I think he'd view playing first team football on a contract away from us as a risk. Conrad, from what I've seen, has been getting progressively worse every time I've seen him turn out for the football club since about 2007/2008. There is a reason he isn't even rolled out for most cup games and that is he's just not good enough. There is a chance, should he go and play League Two, that he'd end up being deemed not good enough for that level and before you know it your down playing Conference North at the age of 31, not great when you can happily set on your lower end Championship wage for say another 5 years.

He doesn't bother me, he'll be cheap enough, as long as he's a stop gap between losing Schemical and getting a proper replacement in fair enough. 

I'm not saying I don't understand why he's staying at Leicester, I'm saying that I don't have any respect for someone who decides that £1,500 a week isn't good enough, or someone who isn't willing to take a risk so that they can play the sport that, you'd think, they love.

Or as he's been here for several years he may be settled in, have his own house kids wife etc. He may also enjoy being at the club training and have good friends within the team not just the fact of sitting around collecting his wages he may enjoy the fact that he looks forward to going into work the next day instead of feeling uncomfortable at some league two side up north.

Again, I think that's a perfectly good reason to stay at the club (even though he could quite easily find a decent club who he could start games for, that is fairly local). However I don't think that people should be praising him for staying at the club or calling him a brilliant servant when he's not really contributing anything and is only staying here for non-footballing reasons.

I'm not saying I don't understand why he's staying at Leicester, I'm saying that I don't have any respect for someone who decides that £1,500 a week isn't good enough, or someone who isn't willing to take a risk so that they can play the sport that, you'd think, they love.

Again, I think that's a perfectly good reason to stay at the club (even though he could quite easily find a decent club who he could start games for, that is fairly local). However I don't think that people should be praising him for staying at the club or calling him a brilliant servant when he's not really contributing anything and is only staying here for non-footballing reasons.

See what your saying but £1,500 a week isn't a great deal in a career that's over before you're 40. I think if you were in his position especially if you had doubts about your own ability which he may have, you'd play it safe, earning a living should be his priority I don't think anyone can be faulted for that. 

He's always done his best for the club and it's not like he forced them to give him a contract if the management is happy and player is happy for to fulfill a role required at the club I don't see why we should be giving him a hard time for doing his job. 

Because in reality we are more than likely to lose Kasper for 2/3 games at a time than 6 months and having him cover those games wouldn't be the worst thing in the world and he costs us next to nothing in wages. I dunno what smiths like but he's certainly preferable to an outfield player.

Fair points. It's a very tricky position I think. Chances are whoever it is will play no part in the league matches at all.

It makes me laugh how they just say it's banter to give them an easy way out.

Spot on.

Logan bit big time and the other no mark obviously doesn't like him, but given 20 minutes to realise they could be in trouble at work they pretend it was all just banter.... bollocks!

Guest MattP

If people didn't try and get into every conversation players have and twitter no one would care. Embarrassing when people retweet everything people say.

This is a good point.

People rewteet some of our players when they come out with such genius words of wisdom as

"Try hard"

This is a good point.

People rewteet some of our players when they come out with such genius words of wisdom as

"Try hard"

It's fvcking embarrassing. Especially when they tweet them like they're mates or something.

he'll be replaced when we go up unfortunately. then he might have to play for a living. hope he'll be ok

You reckon, maybe he will stay due to his contract and a new starting keeper comes in with kasper as no2, then the new keeper gets injured (ok kasper could still be no1 if you want) then kasper loses it and flattens RVP and gets sent off !!!!! OMG Logan is on the bench !!!!!!

This could well happen, I am not saying it will, just could

Archived