Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Nugent can go for.....

Hasn't set the world alight recently, but he is a good striker at this level. I appreciate that he maybe a high earner, and with a year left, the figure of £2.5m would be tempting.

Although I agree with majority of posters, we cannot afford to let him leave without a quality replacement lined up. If he left without a replacement, this would leave just Vardy & Wood who can play up-front in the first team. There's a reason Waghorn doesn't get picked, and Schlupp has settled in at left back for the time-being. There are a couple of youngsters on the horizon but they aren't ready yet, and haven't provided they will ever be ready. I.E Hopper & Blyth. So this would leave us incredibly short.

If the amount mentioned is offered, and there's a suitable replacement lined up then I don't think we would say no, but I can't see it happening at all.

However, this is almost certainly just agent talk to get him a new deal.

Nugent is a vital part of the team, and on his day, can be a different class to most of the team. Work rate and the effort he puts in to get back and defend is second to none, ability to create and score goals as well.

£2.5million is a lot of money, but I doubt we'd replace him.

Think we have reached a crossroads at the Ting Tong.

If NP stays then I can't see the owners putting anymore money in, so The likes of Kasper, Red Wes, and Toffee Fox Nuge will be on their way.

In contrast if and when NP goes after a run of say 4 defeats, I can see big money being available to the willy puller who becomes our next manager.

The most worrying thing is are we the next club to end up like Cobblers City?

Not sure he'll leave. Arrival of his baby anytime now. Surely wouldnt wanna have to settle in at a new club and commute there everyday. Couldnt see him and his mrs wanting to move house so soon after birth of a baby either. Id take £2.5 mill, but not unless we had a replacement lined up.

If it is Forest who are interested, then he won't have to move houses.

IF any club were willing to pay £2.5m for Nugent and pay his wages then I would be happy with that. I like Nugent, works hard and grafts but he is a confidence striker. If he left, realistically we would have Wood, Vardy, Waghorn and possibly Schlupp and Hopper.

We either loan a striker to replace him or a left back to free up Schlupp and we gain a few more pennies!

Can't see it happening though and of course, if money was no object I'd rather keep him in the squad and get him scoring.

I'd happily sell him for £2.5M but we'd need to replace him and that could be tricky.

He's a decent striker at this level but he's not prolific. I'm not hugely convinced by our current strike force, so for £2.5M I'd risk a shake up.

I'd miss his cheeky smile but no one can ever take away from me the man sized cardboard cut out (in full colour) I had made of him from the nude selfie that got leaked onto the Internet with his old bill hanging out. Sometimes I place it front of the mirror, stand dead still for ages and after about 2 hours I start to actually think I'm Nuge. Other times I pick him up and we do a little dance. I pretend I'm Neil Lennon and we're just waltzing the night away at the player of season awards. It's fantabulous.

I'd miss his cheeky smile but no one can ever take away from me the man sized cardboard cut out (in full colour) I had made of him from the nude selfie that got leaked onto the Internet with his old bill hanging out. Sometimes I place it front of the mirror, stand dead still for ages and after about 2 hours I start to actually think I'm Nuge. Other times I pick him up and we do a little dance. I pretend I'm Neil Lennon and we're just waltzing the night away at the player of season awards. It's fantabulous.

Thanks mate, just laugh-spat tea all over my laptop!

I'm one if Nugent's biggest fans but for £2.5m he can go. We could use that to buy Connor Wickham, a younger, similar and more potential to be a good signing at this level.

Went for £12m to Sunderland.

1 goal in 31 apps for them.

1 goal in 6 for Sheff Weds.

So many reasons not to buy him.

For those saying they'd bite someones hand off for 2.5m, what would you do after that? So many armchair fans here.

Realistically who do you think we'd be able to bring in (a decent signing, probably a 1st choice striker as we don't have an obvious one right now) at this point for that price?

For those saying they'd bite someones hand off for 2.5m, what would you do after that? So many armchair fans here.

Realistically who do you think we'd be able to bring in (a decent signing, probably a 1st choice striker as we don't have an obvious one right now) at this point for that price?

Look around in the loan mark, while we sniff for a permanent signing for January? 

Probably the most skilful player we have, but seems more interested in looking hard done by , blaming his team mates and smiling at the opposition players when he has fluffed another chance rather than putting a shift in.

Thinks he is better than his contribution suggests.

Take the money

I would hope that IF it did happen before the end of tomorrow, np would have something lined up, that's always been my understanding of the transfer window, one transfer triggers another, which triggers another as managers suddenly have money available to get other targets. I guess managers are always working on 'what if' scenarios around these transfer windows. Having said that I don't think it will happen.

Look around in the loan mark, while we sniff for a permanent signing for January? 

So if we brought another Harry Kane in, suffered (even more of) a slump in goal scoring from our strikers until January and were well out of automatic contention you think everyone would be fine with that?

I'm not trying to be a dick here but it's situations like these you realise how difficult a managers job is.

Archived