Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Nugent can go for.....

I was at the Charlton game yesterday and one of the other fans seemed certain that Nugent was on the way out due to banner of him at the KP Stadium being replaced by Knockaerts (apparently). I just ignored it and thought he was mad for saying it, but am now beginning to wonder, especially as I have just seen a tweet saying Reading have made a bid of £2.65m (no source). Stringer has also just tweeted that he thinks someone might have to leave to accommodate Doyle, if he is incoming...

he doesn't seem to want to shoot any more, even when in space inside the box, that's if he's upfront instead of deeper then nay midfielder, not been impressed for a while and for his money he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals, with a year left on his deal I'd take anything over a Million

I would actually love to see a front 3 of Schlupp Wood and Vardy

For those saying they'd bite someones hand off for 2.5m, what would you do after that? So many armchair fans here.

Realistically who do you think we'd be able to bring in (a decent signing, probably a 1st choice striker as we don't have an obvious one right now) at this point for that price?

Re-sign Fryatt for £750k and pay him not as much as Nugent.

He would come back and would score goals. As many as Nugent? He was certainly on course to do so the first season back in the Championship.

He would come back and would score goals. As many as Nugent? He was certainly on course to do so the first season back in the Championship.

Wouldn't be the worst shout in the world actually. Wouldn't mind us putting a bid in for him anyway, regardless. Is he getting near Hull's first team?

I think we should be all over this like a rash.

The downside is that his work ethic is nowhere near that of Nugent - they're not even comparable - and I think he's a bit too similar to Wood.

I know it'd be a huge gamble to take - but Nahki Wells? 

If it's a release clause then we're left with little choice should someone come in with £2.5mil. I'd be disappointed to lose him but you've got to be sensible here - the bloke's got a year left, I can't see us renewing his contract unless he takes a pay cut (which I don't think he would) and he'd walk away for nothing a year later, where we're left in the exact same situation?

I would miss Nugent but I think his form in 2013 hasn't been even close to worthy of £2.5mil and the wages he's reportedly on, and I think for that money you'd go a long way to getting us within the FFP boundaries - as well as signing a cheaper replacement.

If we sold Nugent for £2.5mil and got Wells in for what, £750k? I don't think we've done bad business at all, especially if we land Doyle whilst shipping out Waghorn.

It's going to be an interesting day.

I know it'd be a huge gamble to take - but Nahki Wells? 

If it's a release clause then we're left with little choice should someone come in with £2.5mil. I'd be disappointed to lose him but you've got to be sensible here - the bloke's got a year left, I can't see us renewing his contract unless he takes a pay cut (which I don't think he would) and he'd walk away for nothing a year later, where we're left in the exact same situation?

I would miss Nugent but I think his form in 2013 hasn't been even close to worthy of £2.5mil and the wages he's reportedly on, and I think for that money you'd go a long way to getting us within the FFP boundaries - as well as signing a cheaper replacement.

If we sold Nugent for £2.5mil and got Wells in for what, £750k? I don't think we've done bad business at all, especially if we land Doyle whilst shipping out Waghorn.

It's going to be an interesting day.

Agreed Dan.

But after all that, we will probably sell Nugent and buy another centre back. 

Agreed Dan.

But after all that, we will probably sell Nugent and buy another centre back. 

If we're here in 24 hours with an attack of Waghorn/Doyle, Vardy & Wood, then yes I will be very concerned.

As much as I'd rather we don't sell Nugent, I think we may have little choice and if we do actually get an offer of £2.5mil then it's goodbye for me.

I'd only be happy for this to go through if we got a decent wedge for Nugent, and replaced him with either Doyle/Fryatt/Sharp. all three available for the right price - could probably get Doyle for a decent fee and get one of Sharp or Fryatt on loan. Would be very happy with that.

Wouldn't be the worst shout in the world actually. Wouldn't mind us putting a bid in for him anyway, regardless. Is he getting near Hull's first team?

No he isnt. I agree with you that regardless i's take him back. Especially if we got rid of Marko Buttocks. Strike options of Wood, Vardy, Fryatt, Doyle/Nugent, Schlupp would be excellent.

Nugent isn't irreplaceable like I would say Morgan is but he is an important player. For that amount of money and with FFP it might make sense to sell and buy someone who will be on lower wages. For £2.5m in the current market where clubs have started spending less we could buy a very good striker. The main issue is if we can do all of that before 11pm. I think he'll stay because we can't  find a replacement.

His wife/girlfriend is due to give birth so I can't imagine he'd be too eager to be rushing around agreeing a transfer with another team, but anyhow, play offs aside the guy has shown very little form since the start of last season and if we could find an adequate replacement, I think £2.5 would be fantastic money.

Hi, not a regular poster. Was with a Forest journalist last night who said they are interested in Nugent (that's who Billy Krankie was wacthing the other week) but they are also trying to get Fryatt on loan from Hull. He enquired with some LCFC counterparts who texted him back saying they would be 'very surprised' if Nugent was on his way.

Watch this space i guess...

Archived