Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Nugent can go for.....

£2.5M a a high wage earner off the books, why we could get in a decent non league player in on peanuts for that! Seriously though I'd much rather that happen than one of Wes,Kasper or King end up leaving to one of our non conforming FFP rivals.

Finding good quality strikers is the hardest job of all at any Football Club.

So now we have one or two why don't we sell one and leave ourselves with a huge headache!

Utter bollocks!

Nugent is a massive part of this team, you'd have to be pig shit thick or know dick all about the game to want rid for me, even at 4 million.

£2.5m?? Fvck off. Nobody would pay that for a striker like him with only a year left. If someone did offer that, I'd snap their hand off. Remember the loan window remains open and I doubt Steve Walsh has just been sitting on his arse with no potential strikers on his list.

£2.5m plus his wages gone would be a huge boost. He is a good player dont get me wrong but £1.5m at the most is what he's worth.

Finding good quality strikers is the hardest job of all at any Football Club.

So now we have one or two why don't we sell one and leave ourselves with a huge headache!

Do we have one or two?

Don't get me wrong, like I say I like Nugent and wouldn't really like to see him go, but I still think we're abit lightweight upfront, I wouldn't call our strikers that good quality, average, I think we need more up there, obviously getting rid of Nugent would make the situation even worse but don't get too carried away with our 'good quality' strikers, not exactly setting the world alight.

Theres alot better consistent goal scorers than nugent . Carnt see us getting 2.5 mill for him no worth that no way someones been playing football manager to much . Doubtfull he will leave ne time soon with his mrs due to pop out nugent jnr

Do we have one or two?

Don't get me wrong, like I say I like Nugent and wouldn't really like to see him go, but I still think we're abit lightweight upfront, I wouldn't call our strikers that good quality, average, I think we need more up there, obviously getting rid of Nugent would make the situation even worse but don't get too carried away with our 'good quality' strikers, not exactly setting the world alight.

For me Wood and Nugent are two decent strikers, albeit Wood has lost his way a little.

I also think Vardy is showing huge promise this season due to his own hard work and dedication.

Right now we are OK in attack and don't need to shoot ourselves in the foot by selling a key player.

£2.5m?? Fvck off. Nobody would pay that for a striker like him with only a year left. If someone did offer that, I'd snap their hand off. Remember the loan window remains open and I doubt Steve Walsh has just been sitting on his arse with no potential strikers on his list.

£2.5m plus his wages gone would be a huge boost. He is a good player dont get me wrong but £1.5m at the most is what he's worth.

Is he still with us?

I heard during the summer that he'd left/pushed out.

Lets not forget we were going to pay £7 million for Maynard with only 12 months left on his deal.

Given that QPR, Reading and Wigan know they're about to get £60 million over the next 4 years and don't have to comply with FFP and Forest don't seem interested in doing so, I'd not say its so far fetched.

Nugent is a vital part of the team, and on his day, can be a different class to most of the team. Work rate and the effort he puts in to get back and defend is second to none, ability to create and score goals as well.

£2.5million is a lot of money, but I doubt we'd replace him.

Maybe we could play waghorn, and give him a run of games. Before wood arrived in january I'd say he was playing well, but lost his place. Seems there is no route back for him now when an out of form nugent starts, and wood ain't pulling up any trees for me (no punn intended), I'm not excited about his goals v a very poor Carlisle side who are conceding goals all over the place either. In these days of cut backs and FFP maybe we should be looking at what we have, and I include the academy lads in this, and focus on the long term.

Maybe we could play waghorn, and give him a run of games. Before wood arrived in january I'd say he was playing well, but lost his place. Seems there is no route back for him now when an out of form nugent starts, and wood ain't pulling up any trees for me (no punn intended), I'm not excited about his goals v a very poor Carlisle side who are conceding goals all over the place either. In these days of cut backs and FFP maybe we should be looking at what we have, and I include the academy lads in this, and focus on the long term.

Agreed, I know it's not as simple as this but we've gotta be abit more ruthless, the goes for getting players in/out, and it also goes for on the pitch, we need to be more clinical, make the most of what we have and create.

Archived