Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

OK Nige .....

Honesty, humility, open, motivational .... you had the time to speak to me the common fan, took your time, kept your cool, and remembered you were speaking to us and not Stringer .....

You thanked the fans for their patience and backing, you're trying new formations and signing different sorts of players apart from just the "young and hungry"s. You're also telling us what's going on and giving an insight into your tactics ....

With the post match interview today you've won me around ..... I was steadily turning this season towards being a Nige fan again ..... You got me back completely after that interview.

:scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :pearson:  :trumpet:  :trumpet:  :trumpet:

Honesty, humility, open, motivational .... you had the time to speak to me the common fan, took your time, kept your cool, and remembered you were speaking to us and not Stringer .....

You thanked the fans for their patience and backing, you're trying new formations and signing different sorts of players apart from just the "young and hungry"s. You're also telling us what's going on and giving an insight into your tactics ....

With the post match interview today you've won me around ..... I was steadily turning this season towards being a Nige fan again ..... You got me back completely after that interview.

:scarf::scarf::scarf::pearson::trumpet::trumpet::trumpet:

One of his biggest failings last season for me was he's arrogant interviews, if he can be like this for the rest of the season, he will keep us fans on side even if we have a big dip in form.

Never been a fan but in fairness he's getting it right up to now this season.

Let's hope he/ we can keep this up, and hopefully have a successful season.

Very interesting the point that he constantly makes about the personnel and players "wanting to play for the club". I don't know if some people need it spelling out that the likes of Mills, Beckford and Danns were bad to have around the club, but if anyone has got any ounce of sense about them then they can read between the lines and see that, regardless of how good those players were (and incidentallyt all three were not very good), or what we think of the alternatives we have, LCFC is a better place without them.

100 games since Pearson returned and what a fantastic job he has done. We have a cheaper, hungrier, better squad and it shows on the pitch and by our position in the league.

:scarf:

Missed the interview on my way back home. What did he say?

It was more the way he said it .... seemed interested in talking rather than in a rush to have a go at stringer and go.

He was pleased with three aspects of the game ....

The result

The application and patience of the players.

The backing of the fans and their patience.

He went on to describe why the game was frustrating and that it's all part of the job to find ways to unlock a defensive team ... that he was pleased with the balance of his squad and that they were players that now wanted to play here.

He was asked how he'd summarise his first 100 game sin charge since his return and he said that he was basically pleased but that the thing that pleased him most was seeing the squad he had after a few games and the squad he has now and how pleased he is with that.

He just seemed to have time and be open and interested in the fact that fans are waiting on his every word.

I know people read this and think why does he care what he's saying in interviews .... It's a bigger picture than that - that was one of his main faults and he seems to have taken it on board and cured it .... but he's also addressed many weaknesses - it's as though he had a summer of self reflection and decided to change.

I like the new honesty and i'll back that kind of manager even if it doesn't go his way  -because at least i know he has a plan, and is committed to it.

It shouldn't have taken that interview to turn you around.

Maybe you should read my post.

It was more the way he said it .... seemed interested in talking rather than in a rush to have a go at stringer and go.

He was pleased with three aspects of the game ....

The result

The application and patience of the players.

The backing of the fans and their patience.

He went on to describe why the game was frustrating and that it's all part of the job to find ways to unlock a defensive team ... that he was pleased with the balance of his squad and that they were players that now wanted to play here.

He was asked how he'd summarise his first 100 game sin charge since his return and he said that he was basically pleased but that the thing that pleased him most was seeing the squad he had after a few games and the squad he has now and how pleased he is with that.

He just seemed to have time and be open and interested in the fact that fans are waiting on his every word.

I know people read this and think why does he care what he's saying in interviews .... It's a bigger picture than that - that was one of his main faults and he seems to have taken it on board and cured it .... but he's also addressed many weaknesses - it's as though he had a summer of self reflection and decided to change.

I like the new honesty and i'll back that kind of manager even if it doesn't go his way  -because at least i know he has a plan, and is committed to it.

Maybe you should read my post.

Disagree with this completely. We all liketo think we know what went wrong in a particular game, why do we need the manager to spell it out for us? That could lead to openly criticising players which goes completely against his ethos.

I couldn't care less what happens behind the scenes. Christ they could tag team my missis and I'd not give a toss providing results stay the same.

Disagree with this completely. We all liketo think we know what went wrong in a particular game, why do we need the manager to spell it out for us? That could lead to openly criticising players which goes completely against his ethos.

I couldn't care less what happens behind the scenes. Christ they could tag team my missis and I'd not give a toss providing results stay the same.

Personally I want him to spell it out so that I hear what he's going to do about it and obviously that he has identified it.

Loved the comment "you're a Leicester fan Ian so you must be used to some crap results"

Yeah me too .... seemed to just be natural and not defensive.

Well, he's winning right now, isn't he? Don't remember too many terrible interviews when we're on form

I do!!!!!

And he's stopped sending shakey out for wins and him taking the losses too. I never agreed with that in the first place.

Why are people more concerned with prioritising media personality over the fact we're consistently winning games?!

Because that goes without saying????

Personally I want him to spell it out so that I hear what he's going to do about it and obviously that he has identified it.

Yeah me too .... seemed to just be natural and not defensive.

I do!!!!!

And he's stopped sending shakey out for wins and him taking the losses too. I never agreed with that in the first place.

Because that goes without saying????

When you broadcast it on radio you may as well be telling your next opponents your tactics 7 days before you play them.

Not sure why that's a bad thing to be honest. Thought it's decent that he takes theflak lets someone else take the credit.

When you broadcast it on radio you may as well be telling your next opponents your tactics 7 days before you play them.

Not sure why that's a bad thing to be honest. Thought it's decent that he takes theflak lets someone else take the credit.

There's a difference between giving away secret tactics and discussing the previous games with the fans through a mike. Let's face it he's really only going to be talking about stuff that could have been guessed or isn't too sensitive.

I just think that not speaking after a win made us only get a mardi post-loss perspective of the manager .... it's hardly endearing is it!!?

There's a difference between giving away secret tactics and discussing the previous games with the fans through a mike. Let's face it he's really only going to be talking about stuff that could have been guessed or isn't too sensitive.

I just think that not speaking after a win made us only get a mardi post-loss perspective of the manager .... it's hardly endearing is it!!?

Not necessarily no, but again I'm not bothered about him being endearing. As you say, you'll always support LCFC so why not the manager of the club just because you don't find him endearing?

If he's hardly going to be talking about secet stuff and it could've been guessed dya really need the manager to spell it out for you?

Not trying to pick a fight, I'm glad you're starting to, 'see the light' but this is about the first time I've ever seen your previous issues with NP so clearly, and none of them seem that legitimate to me to be honest.

I thought he really openced up for the first time, it was a nice bit of insight from him, well done Migel

I don't know who this new signing is but you can hardly put it down to him.

Is he friends with Miquel? What a good double act that would be.

Not necessarily no, but again I'm not bothered about him being endearing. As you say, you'll always support LCFC so why not the manager of the club just because you don't find him endearing?

If he's hardly going to be talking about secet stuff and it could've been guessed dya really need the manager to spell it out for you?

Not trying to pick a fight, I'm glad you're starting to, 'see the light' but this is about the first time I've ever seen your previous issues with NP so clearly, and none of them seem that legitimate to me to be honest.

I don't think i've seen the light!!!!! NP has!!!!!

My previous problems with him were:

Tactical Naivety

Dire footballing style

No plan B

Stubbornness

My way or the highway approach to player management

Inflexibility

Signing players too similar to each other

Poor substitutions

Defensive approach to being questioned

No interest in what fans think

Immaturity

Trainers & Hair (I wonder how many people will actually quote this as serious)

I'd say that he's taken a critical approach, maybe even a 365 review, of his own performance and has addressed many of these issues.

He has tried different formations, signed new personnel that don't fit his usual mould, played better football, been more honest and open about doing so, accepts criticism and discusses it rationally .... It's made him more likeable and easier to back.

Archived