Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

OK Nige .....

It was more the way he said it .... seemed interested in talking rather than in a rush to have a go at stringer and go.

He was pleased with three aspects of the game ....

The result

The application and patience of the players.

The backing of the fans and their patience.

He went on to describe why the game was frustrating and that it's all part of the job to find ways to unlock a defensive team ... that he was pleased with the balance of his squad and that they were players that now wanted to play here.

He was asked how he'd summarise his first 100 game sin charge since his return and he said that he was basically pleased but that the thing that pleased him most was seeing the squad he had after a few games and the squad he has now and how pleased he is with that.

He just seemed to have time and be open and interested in the fact that fans are waiting on his every word.

I know people read this and think why does he care what he's saying in interviews .... It's a bigger picture than that - that was one of his main faults and he seems to have taken it on board and cured it .... but he's also addressed many weaknesses - it's as though he had a summer of self reflection and decided to change.

I like the new honesty and i'll back that kind of manager even if it doesn't go his way -because at least i know he has a plan, and is committed to it.

Maybe you should read my post.

I felt exactly the same as I was driving home after the game. Nige appears to have changed this season. He's calmer, generally more patient with Stringer and thus more informative.

This has been a big change since last season, and definitely for the better IMO.

I've not heard todays interview but I sense that NP has finally got the measure of Stringer.In the past NP appeared to find his questions to be hostile and was guarded in his replies.Most of the interviews feature on the BBC City web page,NP seems to have mellowed of late and comes over as a really decent guy.

Or,mayde Stringer has mellowed,not pursued inane questions, and offered NP the chance to show his true self.

About time. I don't really care what he says while we're winning but I've long thought his inability to get on with someone like Stringer was a pretty poor quality and a symptom of poor man-management skills. If he has recognised this and worked to improve then that's great.

I wonder if Pearson will start getting linked with vacant prem jobs if we keep doing well this season?

I'm pretty sure if we lose 5 straight (or hit a bad patch of form) and Stringer starts asking questions Pearson doesn't like that the interviews will return to how they previously were. 

And the reborn Pearson bummers will revert to type.

Totally agree Waller, it's almost like someones had a word and imparted some wisdom regarding the PR side. As for the major areas of criticism levelled regarding tactical and on field, even his biggest critics would struggle to deny he's been addressing ALL those areas!

The importance of him speaking to the fans shouldn't be discredited, I've always backed him as I generally liked what I saw on the pitch and in the transfer market, but I'm still disappointed in the way he left the club, not that he left, but the way he never addressed the fans to say thanks and goodbye.

During the post match interview you want to know his thinking, why he brought Dyer on at left back for example, without feeling like it he has been insulted.

Does he hold the world record for consecutive years with the same hair-do? He's got to be up there.

We need a Nige fancy dress away day. Tracksuit, white trainers, hair of steel and a look that says "Go anywhere near my daughter and I'll nut you".

Archived