Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
5waller5

OK Nige .....

I was going start a new thread but there is no point really, this seems to be an adequate 100 game review and comparison of his 1st and 2nd spell thread.

According to the reliable source of Wikipedia;

1st Spell - 107 Games, 55 wins, 30 Draws, 22 Losses - A win percentage of 51.40%

2nd Spell - 100 Games, 46 wins, 23 Draws, 31 Losses - A win percentage of 46.00%

I liked him in both spells and hope he is here for a long time to come (Unless he dramatically changes for the worse or he does incredibly bad)

He has changed towards the media, which if i'm honest i'm abit disapointed by, I loved his arrogance and tough attitude, I still like him though!

I was going start a new thread but there is no point really, this seems to be an adequate 100 game review and comparison of his 1st and 2nd spell thread.

According to the reliable source of Wikipedia;

1st Spell - 107 Games, 55 wins, 30 Draws, 22 Losses - A win percentage of 51.40%

2nd Spell - 100 Games, 46 wins, 23 Draws, 31 Losses - A win percentage of 46.00%

I liked him in both spells and hope he is here for a long time to come (Unless he dramatically changes for the worse or he does incredibly bad)

He has changed towards the media, which if i'm honest i'm abit disapointed by, I loved his arrogance and tough attitude, I still like him though!

It's strange to think that he's been around this second spell nearly as long as his first spell.

I hope he's here for another 100 games at least.

It's strange to think that he's been around this second spell nearly as long as his first spell.

I hope he's here for another 100 games at least.

I thought that aswell, I thought he was here for alot more than 100 games in his first spell, certainly more than 7 over a 100.

So basically because we're winning games you like him now. 

I stand by my original comment even, dodgy spelling and all.

No. When he changes the things i didn't like i change my opinion.

I'm not sure why you find that difficult to understand.

It's not fickle is fair.

It's not fickle is fair.

fick·le  

/ˈfikəl/

Adjective
Changing frequently, esp. as regards one's loyalties, interests, or affection.

So, if we lose a couple, will you be calling him out again, or will you be backing him for the remainder of the season?

I think he's dong a better job now when compared to the end of last season.

We seem to be attempting to play football.

He's trying new formations.

He's brought in more experience.

I thought we started well last season but then it all went belly up and he seemed clueless.

Should the same happen again I will be 'calling him out again'.

No. When he changes the things i didn't like i change my opinion.

I'm not sure why you find that difficult to understand.

It's not fickle is fair.

So you didn't like him because his post match interviews then? Because he's hardly gone out and reworked his management style. 

Lacks a little insight that. 

Bearing mind he thanked the fans for their backing, I don't think he was talking to people like yourself who have been calling for his p45 for nearly a year have compared his tactics to a Sunday League club, and lets not forget you've also offended his marvelous trainers.

Posted by 5waller5 on 26 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

I'll list the reasons I dislike him:

He's an average Championship manager, managing a club with the resources, ambition and players to be a premier league club.

Instead of achieving promotion he put his energy into re aligning expectation with his own low standards.

He has failed to achieve promotion 4 seasons running with sides that should have been promoted (a decent manager takes over at Hull and shows him how it's done in 1 season).

He is immature.

Tactically sunday league.

Stubborn, not in a positive man of conviction way but a petulant adolescent way.

His hair cut offends me.

His trainers embarrass me.

He was my hero first time around, and has completely tarnished my view of him since.

His communication with the fans consists of patronising insults and nothing of substance.

He appears to fall out with anyone with a mind of their own.

He is a weak and over sensitive.

But most of all .......

I dislike him more because of the blinkered rubbish reasons that his supporters give for his abject failure.

The latest ..... "A record as good as Little" ..... the same Little that took over a side almost relegated to div 1 on the last day of the season, that transformed that side to a play off side with absolutely no resources in one season???

Compare to a man with the most expensively assembled squad, 2 points off the play offs and still at the same point 3 seasons on.

Whoever said that wasn't alive during Little's reign and doesn't realise just how ridiculous a comparison that is.

I think his attitude has improved massively this season. He's much more relaxed and aimeable. He seems happy to answer questions and explain his position, even to Stringer. Even when we were on our good runs last season he wasn't like this. Always liked him, and have never criticised, but the new NP is more media friendly.

Its a good start to the season that we can't deny, I don't care about the media side of Nige, just want him to put his best side out with no silly tantrums or personal grudges, win games and get us promoted - it is all I ever wanted. The thing about forums is they allow opinions that pass in a moment to be enshrined and then discussed for years afterwards. No one can change their opinion on here without being criticised or indeed stick with one that doesn't agree with the majority.

It does seem as though something has changed in Nige and got him back to how we was pre leaving in a strop and wasting 3 years for both himself and ultimately us......I hope so as I quite liked him until then. Only an idiot would claim that his performance at Hull and here over the last three seasons has been anything better than mediocre to poor and I guess that is what has put me off the board. Delighted he has snapped out of his doldrum,hope he can keep it up when the cold weather comes and will start to get excited around Feb if we look good (like I did last year........)

Why are people more concerned with prioritising media personality over the fact we're consistently winning games?!

I've been saying the same thing for ages. I honestly couldn't care less if he's good radio or not.

Its a good start to the season that we can't deny, I don't care about the media side of Nige, just want him to put his best side out with no silly tantrums or personal grudges, win games and get us promoted - it is all I ever wanted. The thing about forums is they allow opinions that pass in a moment to be enshrined and then discussed for years afterwards. No one can change their opinion on here without being criticised or indeed stick with one that doesn't agree with the majority.

It does seem as though something has changed in Nige and got him back to how we was pre leaving in a strop and wasting 3 years for both himself and ultimately us......I hope so as I quite liked him until then. Only an idiot would claim that his performance at Hull and here over the last three seasons has been anything better than mediocre to poor and I guess that is what has put me off the board. Delighted he has snapped out of his doldrum,hope he can keep it up when the cold weather comes and will start to get excited around Feb if we look good (like I did last year........)

Honestly. I wouldn't care, at all, if you just admitted you were wrong, or infact just carried on hating him that'd be fine as well, its just people like you and him will come on here and talk about "how something has changed" and how there seems to be this strange bright light emitting from Nigel Pearson now, his hair looks nicer? has he ironed his track suit? That interview was slightly more positive than usual, HE'S CHANGED, HE'S THE MAN I ALWAYS WANTED HIM TO BE, I think we're saved! We're going up, Oh well done Nigel for this fantastic change well done, you've won me over. And on and on you go you make it sound like he's done something special and he should be deliriously happy about winning you, the cynic, over.

When in reality he's just taken his time built a decent team that is steadily improving which people have been telling the like of you and waller all along and instead of just admitting that maybe you should of listened you sit there and pretend that Nigel Pearson has had some sort of epiphany and is now a drastically different manager/person, when he's the same, the team's the same, his approach is pretty much the same. Just the results are starting to improve. And improve is Pretty much what we've done as a whole since Pearson took over.

Worst of all if we have a bit of a blip it'll be same old Nigel this, same old Nigel that, I thought he had changed, Pearson out.

It's laughable to the point where it is actually embarrassing. 

So you didn't like him because his post match interviews then? Because he's hardly gone out and reworked his management style. 

Lacks a little insight that. 

Bearing mind he thanked the fans for their backing, I don't think he was talking to people like yourself who have been calling for his p45 for nearly a year have compared his tactics to a Sunday League club, and lets not forget you've also offended his marvelous trainers.

The trouble is that you are trying so hard to criticise me for warming to NP that you have completely disregarded the simple facts ......

He has re-worked his management style .....

I'll let you scroll up and read why I think that .... but in short his open, more flexible style being coupled with different formations (you have disregarded that prior to this year we constantly played 442) we've got 3-4 different styles and formations now.

If you can't see that NP has changed then you really should watch the game or buy a book on football tactics.

But i think you can see that he's changed and just want to be right and be able to say "I told you so" to someone that criticised him for the faults that he has gone out and corrected. I'll give you a plus one if it's that important to you.

Honestly. I wouldn't care, at all, if you just admitted you were wrong, or infact just carried on hating him that'd be fine as well, its just people like you and him will come on here and talk about "how something has changed" and how there seems to be this strange bright light emitting from Nigel Pearson now, his hair looks nicer? has he ironed his track suit? That interview was slightly more positive than usual, HE'S CHANGED, HE'S THE MAN I ALWAYS WANTED HIM TO BE, I think we're saved! We're going up, Oh well done Nigel for this fantastic change well done, you've won me over. And on and on you go you make it sound like he's done something special and he should be deliriously happy about winning you, the cynic, over.

When in reality he's just taken his time built a decent team that is steadily improving which people have been telling the like of you and waller all along and instead of just admitting that maybe you should of listened you sit there and pretend that Nigel Pearson has had some sort of epiphany and is now a drastically different manager/person, when he's the same, the team's the same, his approach is pretty much the same. Just the results are starting to improve. And improve is Pretty much what we've done as a whole since Pearson took over.

Worst of all if we have a bit of a blip it'll be same old Nigel this, same old Nigel that, I thought he had changed, Pearson out.

What's laughable is that he wasn't wrong. He was right. NP has now changed and he's a better manager for it.

What's laughable is your inability to be able to let an argument lie.

Are you a woman???

You're inflexible, stubborn, conceited, self righteous ...... In fact .... are you the Old NP?????

What's laughable is that he wasn't wrong. He was right. NP has now changed and he's a better manager for it.

Are you a woman???

You said that at one point last season, but as soon as we started doing badly the pitchforks were out again. Our Nigel is very changeable isn't he?

So much this.

Most of the points in that post you quoted above are all based on assumptions and not facts anyway. It's easy to say he's changed when there was no evidence that he was a certain way in the first place.

You said that at one point last season, but as soon as we started doing badly the pitchforks were out again. Our Nigel is very changeable isn't he?

I said he appeared to be trying to change last season ..... He actually seems to have managed it this season.

They're not pitchforks they are criticisms, and wanting my football team to have the best manager that they can ..... along with the best players ..... Sorry if that upsets you.

So much this.

Most of the points in that post you quoted above are all based on assumptions and not facts anyway. It's easy to say he's changed when there was no evidence that he was a certain way in the first place.

Arrrghh we can only have evidential posts and facts now ..... Strange, i thought a forum was for the discussion of opinions. 

We'd better shut the forum down and just have the official site. I wonder how many of your 12000 posts are based on hard fact and evidence alone?????

Hypocrite?????

You're inflexible, stubborn, conceited, self righteous ...... In fact .... are you the Old NP?????

The trouble is that you are trying so hard to criticise me for warming to NP that you have completely disregarded the simple facts ......

I'll let you scroll up and read why I think that .... but in short his open, more flexible style being coupled with different formations (you have disregarded that prior to this year we constantly played 442) we've got 3-4 different styles and formations now.

If you can't see that NP has changed then you really should watch the game or buy a book on football tactics.

But i think you can see that he's changed and just want to be right and be able to say "I told you so" to someone that criticised him for the faults that he has gone out and corrected. I'll give you a plus one if it's that important to you.

Are you a woman???

He spent the entirety of pre-season re working his tactics trying 3-5-2 in quite a few games (and for the record we played 4-5-1 on a number of occaisons last year) and that is when you posted that wonderful rendition of how he has the tactical insight of a Sunday League manager. And we've played 4-4-2 more often that not this season especially lately have we not....so struggling to see your point.

It's nothing to do with the new formations or his shiny new media skills, it's the results, pure and simple. 

I'm not saying "I told you so" at all as there is plenty of time for us to slip back into mid table before the end of the season, I'm calling you a fickle supporter which you clearly are. 

He spent the entirety of pre-season re working his tactics trying 3-5-2 in quite a few games (and for the record we played 4-5-1 on a number of occaisons last year) and that is when you posted that wonderful rendition of how he has the tactical insight of a Sunday League manager. And we've played 4-4-2 more often that not this season especially lately have we not....so struggling to see your point.

It's nothing to do with the new formations or his shiny new media skills, it's the results, pure and simple. 

I'm not saying "I told you so" at all as there is plenty of time for us to slip back into mid table before the end of the season, I'm calling you a fickle supporter which you clearly are. 

You mean I'm right .... he has changed - he has tried and developed new formations???

I said that he'd got the tactics of a sunday league manager because he was so rigidly sticking to one system or the other .... in case you haven't noticed there has hardly been a game this season where we haven't switched formation during the game at some stage.

The critical time when we are behind, he now has a plan B and plan C .... and uses them.

I saw a manager with big weaknesses, I criticised him. I see a manager that has worked on those weaknesses and I'm congratulating him and getting behind him.

I'm sorry if that's too hard for you to understand.

Are you a woman???

Bit sexist that. Hope your not planning a trip to Anfield soon. 

Archived