Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BrummieFOX

Burnley & QPR games set for TV

If it's a top of the table clash I'm sure we'll have a full or nearly full sellout, I guess it'll also depend on ticket prices because if they were reasonable they'd sell out on TV or not.

Not so keen on the burnley game being moved, but as we planned to stay out in london after the qpr game, i can live with a few extra hours beer time after the game.

just hope this isn't the start of sky's secret love affair with us again.

If by 'completely sterilise the game' you mean there will be fewer kids drinking 8 cans of Fosters; getting lairy, talking b0ll0ck5 and generally being gob-sh!tes, then I'm all for sterilisation - of the atmosphere of course, not them. Although....

It will sterilise the atmosphere in general, no doubt about it.

If by 'completely sterilise the game' you mean there will be fewer kids drinking 8 cans of Fosters; getting lairy, talking b0ll0ck5 and generally being gob-sh!tes, then I'm all for sterilisation - of the atmosphere of course, not them. Although....

There will be less drunk blokes drinking and so a less raucous atmosphere from our end. It's as straightforward as that.

Just announced by #LCFC: Burnley (h) and QPR (a) will now be earlier kick-offs in December. Both will be at 12.15pm due to live TV coverage.

I'm gutted, was really looking forward to that QPR fixture down in London over Xmas. Will still go but i hate early kick offs with a passion.

Luckily QPR still play in London, and the 21st December is still considered part of the Xmas period.

There's also nothing quite like watching a big, close game as the night comes in during the second half. All adds to the atmosphere.

Bollocks, was planning on The Griffin then over to Hammersmith for a serious Xmas session before the game.

Will still go but nowhere near as fun at that time.

Luckily QPR still play in London, and the 21st December is still considered part of the Xmas period.

Ha, thank god for that. I meant the kick-off time will lessen my enjoyment of a game I was really looking forward to.

Regardless of what people say, the atmosphere will without a doubt be worse due to an early kick-off. As sad as it is, more people drinking before the game, the better the atmosphere.

Why will it?? I really dont think it will put people off if you want to go an early start wont stop you or the fact that its on TV. 

More sober away end (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing regarding certain people). Kitchandro basically covered it.

Archived