Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

City Player ratings v Fulham

Kasper 7 - One crucial save at 3-2, stood little chance with the goals.

Wasilewski 7 - Just as solid at right back. Loves getting stuck in.

Konch 6 - Uninspiring but a steady half.

Morgan 7 - Lost Rodallega for their second, but scored and was his usual mountainous self.

Miquel 8 - Played very well and scored. Very efficient.

Hammond 8 - Class. Just the type of player we have been lacking. Gets his foot in and has a calm head. Great experienced pro.

James 7 - In the shadow of Drinky and Hammond tonight but still put in a good performance.

Drinky 8 - He's having a great season so far, and that continued tonight. Seems to have gained some pace and wouldn't have looked out of place in their team.

Schlupp 7 - Pace troubled them, probably played better at left back than wide left though.

Knocky 7 - Lost the ball in silly areas at times but the type of player he is we have to expect that. Played his part in a goal too.

Wood 8 - Very good. He started off slow, but scored with a "strikers" finish, used his body well and caused them a few problems.

Dyer 7 - He takes the glory after showing great desire to get into the box, always puts a shift in for us.

Can't really rate Vardy and Nuge as they weren't on for long enough. But great play by Nuge for the winner.

This. Except I'd maybe give Konch a 6.5 or a 7 - he looked just as good as anyone else to me when he had the ball on the attack, its just it wasnt coming out to him nearly as much as he'd have liked. Quite a few times he had acres of space and was calling for it, only to be ignored.

Drinky/Wood MotM for me. Wood's touch was brilliant at times, very nearly got a second after holding off his defender and almost getting it over the keeper with his back to goal.

Kasper 7 - One crucial save at 3-2, stood little chance with the goals.

Wasilewski 7 - Just as solid at right back. Loves getting stuck in.

Konch 6 - Uninspiring but a steady half.

Morgan 7 - Lost Rodallega for their second, but scored and was his usual mountainous self.

Miquel 8 - Played very well and scored. Very efficient.

Hammond 8 - Class. Just the type of player we have been lacking. Gets his foot in and has a calm head. Great experienced pro.

James 7 - In the shadow of Drinky and Hammond tonight but still put in a good performance.

Drinky 8 - He's having a great season so far, and that continued tonight. Seems to have gained some pace and wouldn't have looked out of place in their team.

Schlupp 7 - Pace troubled them, probably played better at left back than wide left though.

Knocky 7 - Lost the ball in silly areas at times but the type of player he is we have to expect that. Played his part in a goal too.

Wood 8 - Very good. He started off slow, but scored with a "strikers" finish, used his body well and caused them a few problems.

Dyer 7 - He takes the glory after showing great desire to get into the box, always puts a shift in for us.

Can't really rate Vardy and Nuge as they weren't on for long enough. But great play by Nuge for the winner.

Yeah, maybe give Konch a 7.

Don't care what they didn't do right, I am giving them all 10 out of 10, just for working as a team, and never giving up.

City teams over the last few years would have had their spirit broke by the late equaliser and gone on to lose, but this squad is starting to look like they have what it takes

Kaspar 7 brilliant save at 3-2 but could have done more for the second?

Was 7 better at cb but very solid and put some good balls in

Morgan 8 scored and very steady

Miguel 7/8 good goal didn't look out of place

Konchesky 6/7 solid enough got forward but often ignored

Hammond 8 very underrated it seems. he had a very solid game and protected the back 4 allowing James and dd to play further up

Drinkwater 8/9 the guy was every where!

James 7 seemed to have a quiet game

Knockaert 9 motm for me ran his socks off with defensive duties and terrorised the full backs

Wood 8/9 defended from the front brilliant hold up play and a selfless performance. Well taken goal

Schlupp 7 poor first half played better at lb

Dyer 7 scored the winner but was frustrating before hand

Nuge and vardy didn't get long enough to have much impact yet still combined for dyers winner

Kasper 8

Wasilewski 7

Morgan 7.5

Miguel 7.5

Konchesky 6

Hammond 8

James 7

Drinkwater 8.5

Knockaert 9 - It was the Knockaert show. He gave Taraabt a lesson in how to be a flair player, yet still work hard. Did begin to lose the ball a bit towards the end but was perhaps left on a bit too long by Pearson. He was everywhere.

Wood 7.5

Schlupp 7

Dyer 8.5

Vardy and Nugent both 7s for their pace, drive, desire for the winning goal.

What a team spirit we have now. Proper Manager, proper footballers.

Don't care what they didn't do right, I am giving them all 10 out of 10, just for working as a team, and never giving up.

City teams over the last few years would have had their spirit broke by the late equaliser and gone on to lose, but this squad is starting to look like they have what it takes

This

Kasper 7 - Couple of important saves and big claims from crosses.

Wasil 6 - Bit rash at times.
Morgan 7 - Committed performance as always.
Miquel 7 - Cracking header, but defended solid too.
Konch 7 - His experience helped us in the first half.

Hammond 7 - Didn't do a lot on the ball but worked hard to win it back.
James 7.5  - Moved the ball quickly and wasn't afraid to play a positive pass. 
DD 8 - Ran the midfield again, such a wise player.

Knocky 7 - Ran himself into the ground, not his best game technically but left everything on the pitch.
Wood 8 - When we play it into his feet he's a different man. Shoved off their centre backs on more than one occasion and took his goal well. 
Schlupp 7 - Couple of darting runs, tough ask in the second half.

Dyer 7 - Missed a couple of great chances, but you can't grumble when he scores the winner. 
Vardy 7 - Typical
Nuge 7 - Got his head up and played the perfect pass.

Wouldn't rate any player lower than 7 last night, a number up around 8.5.

Pearson has some welcome selection dilemmas:

- Wood is knocking at the door again, after his last 2 performances

- I was impressed with Miquel at centre back last night - cool and commanding

- Wasyl and Hammond are improving with each game and look excellent business on free transfers

I think that I'd be inclined to play Hammond as 1 of 3 in the middle against the better teams...but what do I know?

Yet again, I was left thinking that Schlupp's future is at left back/wing back, not up front. Got bullied physically a bit first half; looks better coming from deep to link with the team, not in the front line trying to outwit/outmuscle strong and experienced defenders.

We do still have weaknesses (missing too many chances; defensive ability at full-back, though attacking/passing contribution is excellent there). However, we now have not only a good team but a good squad - and a squad of players who seem to be working for one another and forming a good unit. Particularly if we start taking more of our chances, things will look very rosy...

Archived