Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

LCFC Trivia - Help Needed

All,

I have been forwarded an LCFC Trivia question.

Frankly, despite watching Leicester for nearly 30 years, I'm pretty poor at these sorts of things. However, to impress my friends with my trivia prowess, I was hoping that one of you knowledgable types out there might be able to help.

The question:

Can you name the 8 managers/players who have won the European Cup (as manager/player) and have been managers/players at LCFC at some point in their career (clearly they did not achieve the victory whilst at our club – that is one for the future).

Bit of clue in that 4 were managers with us (but not necessarily when they won it)

Any help gratefully received.

Incidentally the question should have been:  players/managers with links with LCFC who appeared in a European cup final and did not necessarily win it.

Your answers have led to me being able to verify that: Mancini, Kalac and Sousa are correct and, based on the above clarification, Laurie Cunningham is another. He played for a Real Madrid side that was beaten by Liverpool.

I now have 4/8 – again many thanks.

Colin Gibson was an unused sub for villa in the early 80's!

Incidentally the question should have been:  players/managers with links with LCFC who appeared in a European cup final and did not necessarily win it.

Your answers have led to me being able to verify that: Mancini, Kalac and Sousa are correct and, based on the above clarification, Laurie Cunningham is another. He played for a Real Madrid side that was beaten by Liverpool.

I now have 4/8 – again many thanks.

Didn't Kalac just sit on the bench? Are you counting that?

Yes O'Neill and Shilton are correct.

"Didn't Kalac just sit on the bench? Are you counting that?"

I'm not making the rules ...but apparently it counts.

In that case colin gibson is one as well then!

Only 1 left to find!

Archived