Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

LCFC Trivia - Help Needed

Colin Gibson is a good shout, but I'm told the full list is:

Mancini, Sousa, Mills, Shilton, O’Neill, Cunningham, Sven Goran Erikkson and Allan Clarke

So how did Kalac count if he's not on the list?

So how did Kalac count if he's not on the list?

Hmmmm.... yes it appears that Kalac isn't on the list.

It would have helped if the person who asked was sure of the exact question, but thanks everyone who contributed anyway.

Looking at the list they are all ex players or managers of LCFC who have appeared in a European cup final - methinks! :unsure:

Hmmmm.... yes it appears that Kalac isn't on the list.

It would have helped if the person who asked was sure of the exact question, but thanks everyone who contributed anyway.

Looking at the list they are all ex players or managers of LCFC who have appeared in a European cup final - methinks! :unsure:

kalac was an unused sub, so does that count

Peter Shilton (Florist)

Paulo Sousa (Juventus)

Zeljko Kalac (Milan)

Martin O'Neill (Florist)

Allan Evans (Aston Villa)

Colin Gibson (Aston Villa)

Gary Mills (Florist)

Struggling to find the eighth.....

Eriksson and Mancini didn't win the European Cup, though Eriksson did win the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners' Cup in his career. Mancini won two UEFA CWCs and a UEFA Super Cup as a player. Cunningham won a La Liga but not a European Cup. Don Revie played for Leicester but is more famous as a Leeds manager and Lineker won a CWC at Barcelona along with a Golden Boot in 1986.

I think it would be easier to just say name players that have played for both villa and leicester

Would it? I can name a few that have got nowhere near winning a European trophy. Emile Heskey and Simon Grayson for starters. Mark Draper too. Stan Collymore as well.

Peter Shilton (Florist)

Paulo Sousa (Juventus)

Zeljko Kalac (Milan)

Martin O'Neill (Florist)

Allan Evans (Aston Villa)

Colin Gibson (Aston Villa)

Gary Mills (Florist)

Struggling to find the eighth.....

Eriksson and Mancini didn't win the European Cup, though Eriksson did win the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners' Cup in his career. Mancini won two UEFA CWCs and a UEFA Super Cup as a player. Cunningham won a La Liga but not a European Cup. Don Revie played for Leicester but is more famous as a Leeds manager and Lineker won a CWC at Barcelona along with a Golden Boot in 1986.

Mancini did play in a final though with Sampdoria in the early 90's i think. Pretty sure they lost though.

Question seemed to relate tho players who had played (actually on the pitch) in a final - win or lose.

If the question just was about winners Steffen Freund would be your 8th. He received a medal the season before he moved to spurs. Did not feature in the matchday squad though!

More Trivia:

I was shocked by the answer and those involved:

Without using google or any other internet searches/ books.

How many players in our current squad (not including those out on loan) have played at least one game in the premier league and can you name them?

More Trivia:

I was shocked by the answer and those involved:

Without using google or any other internet searches/ books.

How many players in our current squad (not including those out on loan) have played at least one game in the premier league and can you name them?

Nugent

Wood

Taylor-Fletcher

Hammond

De-Laet

Konchesky

Schmeichel

Gallagher

Miquel (in on loan so does he count?)

Wondered about James & Drinkwater but maybe only played cup games at Utd?

Would it? I can name a few that have got nowhere near winning a European trophy. Emile Heskey and Simon Grayson for starters. Mark Draper too. Stan Collymore as well.

Heskey won a UEFA Cup-winners' medal at Liverpool.

Alan Waddle.

Unused sub for Liverpool in the 77 final. Joined City later that year.

Yessssssssss!

Do I win £5?

An incredible spot.   :o

Quite possibly the worst player ever to win a European Cup-winners' medal, especially as he wasn't even a decent top-flight player.

Nugent

Wood

Taylor-Fletcher

Hammond

De-Laet

Konchesky

Schmeichel

Gallagher

Miquel (in on loan so does he count?)

Wondered about James & Drinkwater but maybe only played cup games at Utd?

Add Dyer to that list from his WBA days.

Archived