foxfanazer Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 On your phone or ipod shuffle 5 times and list what songs it picks Mine are Oasis- Some might say Blink 182- the party song 2pac- life goes on U2- Pride (in the name of love) Blink 182- every time I look for you
Father Ted Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 Wiley - Wearing My Rolex Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy Giggs - Monsta Man Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer Florence and the Machine - Spectrum
Renart Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 K. T. Tunstall - Suddenly I see The Stone Roses - Tightrope Soungarden - Searching With My Good Eye Closed Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night Powderfinger - Waiting For the Sun I'm actually ok with that. It could have been better but it could have been worse (I could have got TWO Blink 182 songs in there ).
Fox92 Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 The Jam - A Bomb In Wardour Street Eric Clapton - Crossroads The Beatles - Don't Bother Me The Small Faces - Rollin Over Oasis - Supersonic
foxfanazer Posted 3 November 2013 Author Posted 3 November 2013 K. T. Tunstall - Suddenly I see The Stone Roses - Tightrope Soungarden - Searching With My Good Eye Closed Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night Powderfinger - Waiting For the Sun I'm actually ok with that. It could have been better but it could have been worse (I could have got TWO Blink 182 songs in there ). Shut up KT Tunstall
Renart Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 Shut up KT Tunstall Ha Ha. Fair point - but I would rather have KT Tunstall than Blink 182 (and you've got them twice)!
foxfanazer Posted 3 November 2013 Author Posted 3 November 2013 Ha Ha. Fair point - but I would rather have KT Tunstall than Blink 182 (and you've got them twice)!I know but I grew up listening to that sort of stuffm bringa back good memories
Renart Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 I know but I grew up listening to that sort of stuffm bringa back good memories Dude, I'm just joking - I was really scared I was going to shuffle to something far more embarrassing than either KT or Blink 182 - there is definitely potential for that to happen... At least we know that we did it properly, unlike this: The Jam - A Bomb In Wardour Street Eric Clapton - Crossroads The Beatles - Don't Bother Me The Small Faces - Rollin Over Oasis - Supersonic Come on, somewhere in there you definitely hit on Natalie Imbruglia - Torn and then skipped on to the next one really quickly.
foxfanazer Posted 3 November 2013 Author Posted 3 November 2013 Dude, I'm just joking - I was really scared I was going to shuffle to something far more embarrassing than either KT or Blink 182 - there is definitely potential for that to happen... At least we know that we did it properly, unlike this: Come on, somewhere in there you definitely hit on Natalie Imbruglia - Torn and then skipped on to the next one really quickly. at least we were honest
foxfanazer Posted 3 November 2013 Author Posted 3 November 2013 I'll do it again and hope I get no more blink Faithless- insomnia The Killers- All these things that I've done Taking back sunday- there's no I in team The wanted- Glad you came lol Paul Weller- Changing man
Fox92 Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 Come on, somewhere in there you definitely hit on Natalie Imbruglia - Torn and then skipped on to the next one really quickly.Definitely not... You're replying to me, my iPod is made up of the Beatles, Bob Dylan, the Kinks, the Jam, the Smiths etc.The only chance of it being embarrassing was 'We are never getting back together' by Taylor Swift (because I do have that on). I'll post again tomorrow perhaps and see what turns up...
Renart Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 The Automatic - Gold Digger (Radio 1's Live Lounge) Jeff Buckley - Dream Brother Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding Reuben - Oh the Shame Queen - The Great Pretender
Amin Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 Radiohead - Karma Police Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul Squeeze Metallica - Whiplash The Verve - Northern Soul Oasis - Little by Little
ScouseFox Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 Warren G - Regulate Usher - Confessions Part II Planet Funk - Chase The Sun Major Lazer - Hold The Line Kelis - Millionaire
The Doctor Posted 3 November 2013 Posted 3 November 2013 The First Attack - Eddie Redmayne, Hadley Fraser, Chorus (from Les Mis) Hung On A Hook - Alice In Chains Pride And The Pallor - Bad Religion Coming Up Easy - Paolo Nutini You're Tender & You're Tired - Manic Street Preachers
ozleicester Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 Butterfingers - Get up outta the dirt Hilltop Hoods - Elavation Cold Chisel - Bow river Huey Lewis - Its allright Amy Winehouse - Wake up alone. Edit, Out of interest, how does shuffle/random work? My mind says its a computer algorithm or something, but...doesnt it have to be programmed and so therefore its not truly random?
StanSP Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 Ellie Goulding - Midas Touch Twin Atlantic - Eight Days The XX - Missing Muse - Starlight Kids in Glass Houses - Set Me Free (downbeat version) Nothing special there!
Guest Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 Madeon - Icarus Swedish House Mafia - Leave The World Behind First Aid Kit - In the hearts of men Zwan - Ride a black Swan Justice - Genesis
MikeyT Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 Seether - **** It Ludovico Einaudi - Bella Notte The Beach Boys - Don't Go Near The Water Disturbed - Meaning of Life Lenny Kravitz - Rosemary
rico Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love The Cranberries - Dreams Kings Of Leon - Supersoaker Sandie Shaw - Hand In Glove Orange Juice - Flesh Of My Flesh
Trav Le Bleu Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 Come on, somewhere in there you definitely hit on Natalie Imbruglia - Torn and then skipped on to the next one really quickly. I think you don't know Fox92's musical tastes too well, do you?
Trav Le Bleu Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 I don't currently have an MP3 player (I just plug memory sticks into devices) or any music on my phone, but using Winamp I get Innocent Railway - Future Pilot AKA All I Want - The Cure Play It Cool - Super Furry Animals Ramblin' On My Mind - Robert Johnson Pussywillow - Greg Dulli
AoWW Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 Waldeck - Addicted Paloma Faith - Never Tear Us Apart Jeff Buckley - Mojo Pin Led Zeppelin - Going to California Friendly Fires - Pala
Renart Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 I think you don't know Fox92's musical tastes too well, do you? Ha. It was a joke (which actually served as a compliment - his taste in music is pretty good and close to what I would enjoy (although a little narrow from the sounds of things). Everyone has a skeleton in his/her record collection - by his own admission Taylor Swift could have come up (so, not far off was I?). A friend of mine actually found that track (Natalie) in among my CDs the other day and gave me grief for it - and I would say that I probably have some pretty decent music for the discerning listener (whoever that might be). It was an ex-girlfriend's CD which she left in the flat when we broke up back in the 90s. It isn't my taste in music but it is there. Trav - take a look at your music collection or your i-pod and tell me that there isn't something in there that someone else might scoff at. Too serious about music probably means that you're missing the point of music (or at least some of the many)! I think it was in Good Omens that NG and TP said that, 'All tapes left in a car for more than about a fortnight metamorphose into Best of Queen albums.' I have nothing against Queen (I like Queen - is that ok Trav?) but I think something similar happens with music collections; whether it is a physical collection (vinyl, CD or tape) or those saved in the magical realm of the ether (or that interweb thingy), you can be sure that unless you are very careful, and anyone who is too careful is really not taking music seriously enough by not taking it seriously at all - as mentioned previously - you are bound to get a sneaky track or CD/vinyl (go right ahead and choose your medium) that presents itself at the most inopportune moment possible. And the standard response is 'how the f**ck did that get on there? Seriously guys I didn't buy that!' Sorry, need to go and turn over my Top Gun Sound Track that seems to have appeared in my vinyl collection (I definitely didn't buy it ), but don't worry Trav, I will put put some Muddy Waters on afterward just to even things out. Goes off singing 'highway to the danger zone....'
Lobsterboyuk Posted 4 November 2013 Posted 4 November 2013 1. Cosi Fan Tutte - Mozart 2. Raymonda - Glazunov 3. Cheap Honesty - Skunk Anansie 4. Teclo - PJ Harvey 5. London Loves - Blur First time I ever used Shuffle, bit crap the way it's mixed those up , I'll stick with Genius
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.