Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Shuffle

Ha. It was a joke (which actually served as a compliment - his taste in music is pretty good and close to what I would enjoy (although a little narrow from the sounds of things). Everyone has a skeleton in his/her record collection - by his own admission Taylor Swift could have come up (so, not far off was I?). A friend of mine actually found that track (Natalie) in among my CDs the other day and gave me grief for it - and I would say that I probably have some pretty decent music for the discerning listener (whoever that might be). It was an ex-girlfriend's CD which she left in the flat when we broke up back in the 90s. It isn't my taste in music but it is there.

Trav - take a look at your music collection or your i-pod and tell me that there isn't something in there that someone else might scoff at. Too serious about music probably means that you're missing the point of music (or at least some of the many)!

I think it was in Good Omens that NG and TP said that, 'All tapes left in a car for more than about a fortnight metamorphose into Best of Queen albums.' I have nothing against Queen (I like Queen - is that ok Trav?) but I think something similar happens with music collections; whether it is a physical collection (vinyl, CD or tape) or those saved in the magical realm of the ether (or that interweb thingy), you can be sure that unless you are very careful, and anyone who is too careful is really not taking music seriously enough by not taking it seriously at all - as mentioned previously - you are bound to get a sneaky track or CD/vinyl (go right ahead and choose your medium) that presents itself at the most inopportune moment possible. And the standard response is 'how the f**ck did that get on there? Seriously guys I didn't buy that!'

Sorry, need to go and turn over my Top Gun Sound Track that seems to have appeared in my vinyl collection (I definitely didn't buy it  :ph34r: ), but don't worry Trav, I will put put some Muddy Waters on afterward just to even things out.

Goes off singing 'highway to the danger zone....'     :trumpet:  

Not necessarily though - I think a reasonable amount of people don't have any musical skeletons because they just really collect what they enjoy, which is generally from one or two genres. I have a lot of shit in my collection because I work as head of music at the student radio station so get everything from Katy Perry to Chas & Dave to Deaf Havana sent through to be, but as a result I ask people not to get me music for christmas/birthday etc. because I've already got so much music. People who do the same would only ever get stuff they enjoy, so it'd mostly be either scoff at their entire collection or at none of it.

anyway:

Heart On My Sleeve - Avicii

Fell In Love With A Girl - White Stripes

God's Love - Bad Religion

Your Children Aren't Special - Bill Hicks

Go West - Anti-Flag.

I do have musical skeletons due to my DJing at regen radio. I've got stuff that I think other people might like (and my comment about Fox92 was a joke too. Fox62 would possibly be a more appropriate name for him :) )

Anyway, lets give it another whirl and see if anything embarrassing comes out.

Tight Fit - New Young Pony Club

Flourescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys

Surrender - Swing Out Sister

Helpless - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Warm Horse - Thomas Tantrum

There, happy now? :P

I do have musical skeletons due to my DJing at regen radio. I've got stuff that I think other people might like (and my comment about Fox92 was a joke too. Fox62 would possibly be a more appropriate name for him :) )

I'm still here you know! lol

But yeah, you're probably right actually. 

Dori Hartley - Nobody Loves Me

Johnny Cash - I've Been Everywhere

The Chi Lites - Oh Girl

Paul Van Dyke - For An Angel

Debussy - Suite Bergamasque - Clair Du Lune

Don't normally have music on shuffle so will give it another bash...

Super Furry Animals - She's Got Spies

Spiritualized - Spread Your Wings (Instrumental)

Elvis Presley - An American Trilogy

Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This?

Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Kentucky Skank

Be Thankful For What You've Got - Massive Attack

Untouched - The Veronicas

Girl Like Me - Slava

Rain City - Turin Brakes

Begin the End - Placebo

Well that could've been alot worse. 

YES YES YES.

YES YES YES to you too!

• 2 weeks later...

Gave this a go on my other music collection to see what interesting shit we could come up with. 

Lily Allen - Smile 

Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On

Harry Belafonte - Jump In The Line

Blue ft Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours 

Travis - Sing 

Boss. 

The Courteeners - No You Didn't, No You Don't 

Kanye West - Never Let You Down ft Jay Z and Ivy

Cheryl Cole - Promise This (Maydays Drum & Step Mix) ((Received free in an itunes advent calender bundle!!!))

The Courteeners - Kimberly

Kasabian - Stuntman

next 5

The Smiths - William it was really nothing

Kasabian - where did all the love go

Eminem - Criminal

Muse - The Gallery

Blink 182 - All The Small Things

interesting

Daft Punk - Harder,Better,Faster,Stronger

Icicle Works - Love Is A Wonderful Colour

Kings Of Leon - The Bucket