Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Experienced striker needed?

Whether an 'experienced' striker is needed is open to debate.

In Vardy, Nugent and Wood, when ON FORM, I think all three are good enough. I don't think we'd need to add to this list.

The issue is why do these players go off form. Wood dipped dramatically last season. Whether this was due to injury or not... Is questionable in terms of the extent of the injury. I think his form just went off anyway. Nugent's form is also concerning. We all know that Nugent can be very good at this level. He's been our top scorer (Wood's goals for Millwall aside) for 2/3 seasons. Why has Nugent lost his confidence so much? He looks as though he can't hit a barn door at present.

So.... IMO they are all good enough. Rather than introducing other strikers, Pearson and his coaching team need to get the existing strikers playing to their full potential. Then we'd be ok.

So.... IMO they are all good enough. Rather than introducing other strikers, Pearson and his coaching team need to get the existing strikers playing to their full potential. Then we'd be ok.

This is the real issue. Where as a change may help with FFP (Nugent) I don't see how we could bring in better, proven players without a considerable outlay. So it comes down to the management team/coaching staff to sort this out now we have 3 fit strikers.

Whether an 'experienced' striker is needed is open to debate.

In Vardy, Nugent and Wood, when ON FORM, I think all three are good enough. I don't think we'd need to add to this list.

The issue is why do these players go off form. Wood dipped dramatically last season. Whether this was due to injury or not... Is questionable in terms of the extent of the injury. I think his form just went off anyway. Nugent's form is also concerning. We all know that Nugent can be very good at this level. He's been our top scorer (Wood's goals for Millwall aside) for 2/3 seasons. Why has Nugent lost his confidence so much? He looks as though he can't hit a barn door at present.

Really rate Nuge but is a 25goals man? And wood and Vardy are still relatively unproven.

Really rate Nuge but is a 25goals man? And wood and Vardy are still relatively unproven.

Do you know how many strikers scored 25 goals or more in the Championship last season?

The previous season?

25 plus goals per season is a rare commodity. This 25 goal a season man is a bit of a myth.

For me, if we were going to get another striker in, the only point would be adding real competition for places. Nugent looks like a striker who thinks he's gonna play every week, whatever form he's in.

That's wrong.

Archived