Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzy1981

Experienced striker needed?

We are having a great season and if on form I think we have enough quality strikers to get the goals. However, I can't help think there must be an older experienced goal scorer out therr who we coyld snap up on a 1year contract to help push is over the line next year, ala Jason Roberts, Tony Cottee, Kev Phillips

If you agree has anyone got any ideas who? Pearson won't pay much for younger proven strikers and we have enough youth so I'm talking older om 1year contract

I think there are other priorities-primarily a RW. Nuge is fit, and a fortnight rest should help him regain a bit of sharpness. Vardy will be fit after the break. Woody is fit and looking like he's getting back to the kind of player we got when he first signed for us. GTF is good for 25 minutes, and looks an effective impact sub. Schlupp is fit and...quick: still not sure I want him starting up front, but equally he's not going to get good playing once in a blue moon.

My preference would be to have him and Dyer (or our new RW) on the wings, leaving Knocky free to play 10. Just have a lovely feeling about him playing in behind Woody, as long as the rest of the team can overcome the desire to lump it at Wood's head... I'd love to see that once this season.

Ebanks-Blake would be a no brainer if he is fit again. Got 14 goals in a relegated side last season. No more experienced than Nugent but has a good goal scoring record at this level.

Good shout that is, I'd forgot about him but he must be nearly fit now.

Just thump a tonne of through balls at Nugent for the next two weeks and work on his finishing.

He's got class, he's just out of form.

SEB would be a good free transfer though if he became available.

I would prefer another LB over any other position

One that can do a decent job In going both ways

konchesky for me is a decent defender but gives the ball away far to much going forward

Schupp is decent going forward but lacks defensive positioning

Bakayogo from what I have seen in the development games is that he is a competent defender rarely beaten for speed or in the air but seems completely uncomfortable with the ball at his feet

I would prefer another LB over any other position

One that can do a decent job In going both ways

konchesky for me is a decent defender but gives the ball away far to much going forward

Schupp is decent going forward but lacks defensive positioning

Bakayogo from what I have seen in the development games is that he is a competent defender rarely beaten for speed or in the air but seems completely uncomfortable with the ball at his feet

He absolutely drowned versus Derby in the cup. File alongside Tom Kennedy as lower league left back unable to make the step up to a promotion-chasing side.

We need Wood back in form. He's already proven he can score a boatload of goals in this division. That's what we need, people scoring goals. I don't rate experience for experience's sake, especially for strikers. Get Wood, Nuge and Vardy in fighting for places and have Taylor Gary and the Schluppinator as back up, and we have no requirement for anyone else.

Archived