Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Morgan's Contract situation.

We seem to be one of the only bigger clubs in this league that are taking FFP seriously which is a good thing but will prove very frustrating for our fans if we balls up promotion and all 4 walk away for fook all. I thought we were stupid not to accept very good money for Kasper in the summer and I was also tempted with Morgan given the very possible situation of them leaving for nowt. I am glad we haven't given the start we've had to the season but it's precarious to say the least.

It's not shit or bust for us this season financially as we seem to be cutting costs left, right and centre but this could be the last year we have a squad this strong. If we don't go up then we'll be no better than the likes of Birmingham and Middlesborough.

We seem to be one of the only bigger clubs in this league that are taking FFP seriously which is a good thing but will prove very frustrating for our fans if we balls up promotion and all 4 walk away for fook all. I thought we were stupid not to accept very good money for Kasper in the summer and I was also tempted with Morgan given the very possible situation of them leaving for nowt. I am glad we haven't given the start we've had to the season but it's precarious to say the least.

It's not shit or bust for us this season financially as we seem to be cutting costs left, right and centre but this could be the last year we have a squad this strong. If we don't go up then we'll be no better than the likes of Birmingham and Middlesborough.

That depends on whether we can keep the manager.

He has at least kept clubs competitive in the top half whatever the financial situation has been at the club.

Even under ffp laws we won't be as skint as we were under the season with Mandaric and he got us to 5th then.

There is another month till January. No use panicking just now - players like Morgan and Kasper were always likely to wait before signing. However I am getting rather concerned as to why some of the more obvious candidates to sign on like dyer haven't. Already put pen to paper. I hope and expect to see some activity throughout December particularly with the manager situation.

I like how cautious we have been although there must be a reason why the club are being so cautious to commit to new contracts especially when these players are worth much more to us under contract than out of them

agreed

Why should Pearson care about who's here next year if he's not

I know there's been talks with Pearsons about his contract and from what I've heard from a few of the players is that if he stays they will.

All this talk about FFP, people forget that it applies to all clubs not just us. With regards to the out of contract players, unless they get offered deals from Prem clubs there's not many teams that can compete with us in wages regardless if they are on reduced terms.

There's a good feeling in the camp at the minute and that comes from stability. Like I've said if the gaffer signs the rest (with the exception of Kasper) will follow

I know there's been talks with Pearsons about his contract and from what I've heard from a few of the players is that if he stays they will.

All this talk about FFP, people forget that it applies to all clubs not just us. With regards to the out of contract players, unless they get offered deals from Prem clubs there's not many teams that can compete with us in wages regardless if they are on reduced terms.

There's a good feeling in the camp at the minute and that comes from stability. Like I've said if the gaffer signs the rest (with the exception of Kasper) will follow

I've always thought Kasper would leave whether we went up or not.

Is he refusing to sign a contract altogether or waiting to see what division we are in?

The owners are being quite smart and waiting till the end of the season!, NP knows he has to deliver and it seems atm we are so lets get promotion and then contracts can happen and the good times roll.

The owners aren't waiting til the end of the season. Pearson will be offered a new deal. They don't want someone new to come in and change everything again which will obviously cost money. They've learnt that lesson from Sven

I've always thought Kasper would leave whether we went up or not.

Is he refusing to sign a contract altogether or waiting to see what division we are in?

It's not about refusing a contract it's more about ambition. If we went up I'm quite positive he'd sign a new deal. If we don't go up he'll be gone.

He's a great lad but he wants to play at the top level and we can't really blame him for that

It's not about refusing a contract it's more about ambition. If we went up I'm quite positive he'd sign a new deal. If we don't go up he'll be gone.

He's a great lad but he wants to play at the top level and we can't really blame him for that

Can't blame him at all.

On a free transfer I'd be very shocked if a premiership team didn't come in and take a punt on him.

The owners aren't waiting til the end of the season. Pearson will be offered a new deal. They don't want someone new to come in and change everything again which will obviously cost money. They've learnt that lesson from Sven

If they are convinced by NP fair play to them I would personally wait till we are promoted or in a position close to promotion then offer him a contract because if he doesn't deliver promotion then is he really the right man for the job?, I know we are making progress I don't doubt that, but there will be concerns whether he can bridge that gap to make us promotion contenders if he doesn't get us up this season imo.

It will cost money anyway regardless can you see the likes of Nugent, Morgan etc sticking around if we don't go up this season?

Albert when you say you've herd it from the players? How have you done that?

I do think Pearson could be offered a contract just before Christmas mind

Just take the news for what it is.

My personal feeling is that they're waiting to see how we are sitting after Christmas regarding contracts. Whether we need to make a "panic buy" or are able to offer contracts out.

Problem is Kasper and Morgan won't sign something that could tie them down to a lower wage in a lower division when they could probably secure a move on more money to the premier.

If this is true then why is Morgan mentioning his contract now. Even the worst agent would be telling most players to expect reduced terms due to FFP.

Schmeichel ran down his contract at Leeds, he'll do the same here.

I honestly don't think Morgan will have any Premier suitors so may as well hope we get promoted and give him a chance.

Dyer won't leave by choice if he thinks there's any chance of an extended contract.

Nugent see Morgan.

NFP would have to start again somewhere else and may get an earlier chance at the Premier.

This is the time when you see just how good the DOF is as a few egos may need massaging.

If they are convinced by NP fair play to them I would personally wait till we are promoted or in a position close to promotion then offer him a contract because if he doesn't deliver promotion then is he really the right man for the job?, I know we are making progress I don't doubt that, but there will be concerns whether he can bridge that gap to make us promotion contenders if he doesn't get us up this season imo.

Do you not think he has already bridged the gap to make us promotion contenders?

We were in the play offs last year have sat in the top two all season this year, you can't even get a price odds against at the bookies anymore that we go up.

We might not go up but we are certainly contenders too.

If this is true then why is Morgan mentioning his contract now. Even the worst agent would be telling most players to expect reduced terms due to FFP.

I didn't say Morgan wouldn't sign a new deal, I said he probably wouldn't sign a new deal with clauses that left him on a lower wage should we be still down here. It would be better for him to wait it out than sign a contract like that as...

1. He'd get the bigger wage he would have signed for anyway should we go up.

or

2. He's out of contract and could probably earn more at another club, Forest or even another Prem club may take a chance on him.

That's why I don't think we should worry about it, unless we offered increased terms, which we won't, none of them, with the exception of Dyer, will actually sign a contract until we know hich division we're in. FFP means the difference in salaries between Championship or Premier wages will be even larger. It's agents trying to show they're earning their wages.

Get Pearson signed up. Leave the rest. No sense tying yourself up to player contracts when there's so much uncertainty. If we go up, great, sign them up. If we don't go up, review where we are re. ffp and make them a sensible offer. If they can get better elsewhere and want to leave we'll just have to deal with it. Can't see many clubs being willing or able to offer the likes of Morgan any more than us though.

That's why I don't think we should worry about it, unless we offered increased terms, which we won't, none of them, with the exception of Dyer, will actually sign a contract until we know hich division we're in. FFP means the difference in salaries between Championship or Premier wages will be even larger. It's agents trying to show they're earning their wages.

Fair enough, I can accept that point of view

Pearson is the only one I'm really worried about, want his signature on a piece of paper whatever it takes.

Archived