Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Morgan's Contract situation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25138192

"It would be good to get it tied up so I can concentrate on the football," Morgan told BBC Radio Leicester.
"It's not a distraction yet, but I'm sure when the January transfer window comes around something will have to happen."
Morgan is approaching 100 senior appearances in all competitions for the club and is one of several players - David Nugent, Kasper Schmeichel and Lloyd Dyer among them - who will be out of contract at the King Power Stadium at the end of the season.
Manager Nigel Pearson's current deal also runs out in the summer.

Or we are being sensible and waiting till we deliver promotion then the time for contracts can be discussed.

That won't look sensible if Kasper and Wes have signed pre contacts in January and Pearson has left to join Fulham or Norwich.

I can't remember another situation where a club has allowed its best players and manager contract run down and it be classed as sensible, even more so when all three would clearly be sought after and are worth money in the current market

It's a huge gamble and it could work either way.

There shouldn't be a need for a 'carrot to be dangled' but the carrot is there, keep up the good, hard work, get promoted, earn yourself a nice juicy contract here, where they are all settled.

Maybe the reality is we cannot offer new contracts God knows! I am just hoping this siege mentality where everyone is putting a shift in towards promotion which is the key goal once that has been achieved then contracts on the same terms or better can be offered but reality is we cannot offer contracts now.

Surely a contract could me made for two different outcomes, ie; promoton, non promotion?

Is that stupid? lol

Not at all.

Problem is Kasper and Morgan won't sign something that could tie them down to a lower wage in a lower division when they could probably secure a move on more money to the premier.

Could be too late by then.

When can players sign pre-contracts for another club?

6 months in advance for a player overseas, 1 month for a club from the same nation. Problem is that if it gets to that stage and we don't have these deals done then they're gone for nothing. Worth trying to broker a deal where we get them to commit on the same wage for 6 months, then if we get promoted they get a pay rise to an agreed amount, if don't go up, we put in a low release fee in there so that way we're still getting more than we would have done.

Matt P is completely right there must be some serious uncertainty on the cash flow front for this to be happening as it would be in the clubs interest to keep these players in contract. If we were promoted they would only want much higher contracts so the club must be very fearful of the prospect of not being promoted.

Matt P is completely right there must be some serious uncertainty on the cash flow front for this to be happening as it would be in the clubs interest to keep these players in contract. If we were promoted they would only want much higher contracts so the club must be very fearful of the prospect of not being promoted.

I agree it really is a last chance saloon as far as promotion is concerned, this season's outcome will define the clubs future in the long term and short term.

Archived