Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

An album to save your life

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks.

Perhaps not my favourite Dylan album, although its fantastic, but if you dislike it, you're an idiot. Its a safe bet.

Yeah, terrific album. My favourite is 'Bringing It All Back Home', a great album with the likes of 'Tambourine Man', 'Its Alright Ma', 'Homesick Blues', '115th dream'... It goes on.

How can anybody not like it?

The-Queen-is-Dead-cover.png

Hoping they'll turn the gun on themselves, I see what you did there.

As for Original Pirate Material, good album, very good. But would I rely on it to save me? Don't think so, it's a bit too niche.

Hoping they'll turn the gun on themselves, I see what you did there.

Well I didn't post Dylan because he was already covered, as were The Beatles and God forbid me post about The Beatles because I'll only get criticized by certain people.

But I don't get why people say The Smiths are depressing, if you're implying that... At least they write about something, and on every album it's all there. Songs about women, society, vulnerability, politics, loneliness and fantasies of power. Morrissey really did write from within, he was good at that, no matter what anybody says about him.

On this album, most of the songs are great. Cemetery Gates and Bigmouth Strikes Again are probably my favourite two Smiths songs anyway, then there's the seductive Boy With A Thorn In His Side and obviously There Is A Light. All wonderful... If it's not anyone's cup of tea then fair play but it's better than 90% of meaningless music nowadays.

Well I didn't post Dylan because he was already covered, as were The Beatles and God forbid me post about The Beatles because I'll only get criticized by certain people.

But I don't get why people say The Smiths are depressing, if you're implying that... At least they write about something, and on every album it's all there. Songs about women, society, vulnerability, politics, loneliness and fantasies of power. Morrissey really did write from within, he was good at that, no matter what anybody says about him.

On this album, most of the songs are great. Cemetery Gates and Bigmouth Strikes Again are probably my favourite two Smiths songs anyway, then there's the seductive Boy With A Thorn In His Side and obviously There Is A Light. All wonderful... If it's not anyone's cup of tea then fair play but it's better than 90% of meaningless music nowadays.

It's cos Morrissey's a ****.

I would argue that only idiots go round with guns threatening to kill people.

Just a thought - catch 22!

I hate to self quote, but with the above thought in mind, I'm going to change my choice to...

220px-Aquariumcover1.jpg

An idiot would love this album!

• 2 weeks later...

Because their music is miserable as ****? Seriously, I don't mind songs like How Soon Is Now? but I don't think anyone could possibly argue that the Smiths sound wasn't thoroughly miserable. Well, unless I suppose they grew up on Depeche Mode, where the sounds of children being tortured would be more upbeat.

Because their music is miserable as ****? Seriously, I don't mind songs like How Soon Is Now? but I don't think anyone could possibly argue that the Smiths sound wasn't thoroughly miserable. Well, unless I suppose they grew up on Depeche Mode, where the sounds of children being tortured would be more upbeat.

:o:(

I don't think they're that bad. Certain lyrics are, such as in 'Please please please let me get what I want', but it's not depressing music. I listen to Joy Division as well, and they're way more miserable (granted Curtis eventually killed himself).

Archived