Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS

Some proper weapons in SK1 today. If you don't like the Drinkwater song, sing a better one. Drown it out. Don't just stand there singing 'shit song, shit song'. Same idiots were at this in previous weeks, grow up.

As for the old twat who demanded £20 back off the team at the end, stop being so precious you pleb. Not seen him before and hopefully won't again. Some days you don't get the entertainment the United game gave you but you still saw more than a goal for every £5 you spent. Far too much negativity even before Burnley equalised.

Same bloke made me lower my scarf during WYS - think you're in the wrong area pal.

Just a bad day today, nothing exciting to shout about, I think this is where we get our problems that we sing through the songs too quickly so we're just left in silence, guaranteed the game wasn't Inspiring today but the atmosphere around the ground today wasn't brilliant so let's not get to down about our performance today.

Some proper weapons in SK1 today. If you don't like the Drinkwater song, sing a better one. Drown it out. Don't just stand there singing 'shit song, shit song'. Same idiots were at this in previous weeks, grow up.

As for the old twat who demanded £20 back off the team at the end, stop being so precious you pleb. Not seen him before and hopefully won't again. Some days you don't get the entertainment the United game gave you but you still saw more than a goal for every £5 you spent. Far too much negativity even before Burnley equalised.

Same bloke made me lower my scarf during WYS - think you're in the wrong area pal.

I agree about the Drinkwater song,if it doesn't float your boat don't sing it.Very strange that people sang that back today, hopefully a one off.

I agree about the Drinkwater song,if it doesn't float your boat don't sing it.Very strange that people sang that back today, hopefully a one off.

It isn't the first time. It's happened at a couple of other games but on a lower scale.

It isn't the first time. It's happened at a couple of other games but on a lower scale.

I'd noticed one guy having a moan the other week but there was about half a dozen today which was a shame.Nothing to hang ourselves over but a shame none the less.

On another note,a good turn out today in the pub,best yet if I'm honest.

I wasn't there today, Mrs. Robinson or "He doesn't drink lager..."?

Was the drunkest Ive been all season and gave it a real go. Was only really helped out by the core group of lads two rows bellow. Was the bloke moaning the older gentleman who on the full time whistle was sat having a mardy throwing his toys out of his pram?

Not one of those moaning about the Drinkwater song but yes, he was an utter embarrassment. Spent the whole game saying everything was shit then demanded a £20 refund at full time. Fingers crossed he doesn't come back cos negativity like his isn't needed when you're trying to create a positive, support whatever the score mentality in the block.

Not one of those moaning about the Drinkwater song but yes, he was an utter embarrassment. Spent the whole game saying everything was shit then demanded a £20 refund at full time. Fingers crossed he doesn't come back cos negativity like his isn't needed when you're trying to create a positive, support whatever the score mentality in the block.

Can't say I even noticed who that was to be honest.

Obviously noticed that people didn't like the Drinkwater song today. Fair enough but then sing something better. And don't let it be a rip off of a Palace / Celtic song. I want to choose my words carefully there because it's important that the group combines overall to contribute towards the atmosphere throughout the season and doesn't split the group in any way. Hopefully we're back on it for WBA at home.

As for the overall atmosphere yesterday, from what I've head, it wasn't great today. I was singing throughout in and amongst many others so I didn't notice that too much. But I did notice that the Kop, etc. wasn't joining in as much, if at all.

Not sure what was up with SK1 yesterday, we arrived around 2:30 to hear nothing but silence...where was the singing to encourage the players during warm up?

Not sure who is behind UFS but seems to be fizzling out a little. Seemed like at the back end of last season and pre season things were picking up and they had some great ideas but the novelty has worn off, very reminiscent of the Fosse Boys.

The main problem( same with the Fosse Boys) is that those sitting central in UFS seem to think they are the dogs bollox and each game that goes on their ego and self importance grows, a couple examples of this were displayed yesterday. 

That awful DD chant, it was more cringe than singing right side/left side. There must have been 8-10 people singing one song that sounded pathetic, rather than think "this isn't taking off lads" instead we will continue it...which in turn got the response from me and many others of shit song.

This was later echoed by the awful LSF chant which I can only liken to sounding like a pack of ******.

Iwan was a welshman...got sang more often than songs for our current squad, doesn't get joined in with as half the fans up there were not even born when Iwan played for us. Same applies with Molly Malone and tiptoe through, fans simply do not know them! Alright for us older folk who grew up at Filbo but for the modern fan these do not work.

Nigel Pearson chants have not taken off all season, why is there so little vocal support for our manager? 

Also seems like no song can begin without a slow hand clap.

Unfortunately we will see this type of atmosphere more often this season as people only turn up for the bigger games. I await the response of if the songs are shit try something yourself, well people did try to do this several times but as we know if a chant is not started by UFS then it doesn't get given a chance.

Guest LCFC_World

Next home game is against West Brom. I would love to see every fan giving it all they have got. Let's try and match the atmosphere against Man Utd, because I love it when we get called a loud stadium...

Not sure what was up with SK1 yesterday, we arrived around 2:30 to hear nothing but silence...where was the singing to encourage the players during warm up?

Not sure who is behind UFS but seems to be fizzling out a little. Seemed like at the back end of last season and pre season things were picking up and they had some great ideas but the novelty has worn off, very reminiscent of the Fosse Boys.

The main problem( same with the Fosse Boys) is that those sitting central in UFS seem to think they are the dogs bollox and each game that goes on their ego and self importance grows, a couple examples of this were displayed yesterday. 

That awful DD chant, it was more cringe than singing right side/left side. There must have been 8-10 people singing one song that sounded pathetic, rather than think "this isn't taking off lads" instead we will continue it...which in turn got the response from me and many others of shit song.

This was later echoed by the awful LSF chant which I can only liken to sounding like a pack of ******.

Iwan was a welshman...got sang more often than songs for our current squad, doesn't get joined in with as half the fans up there were not even born when Iwan played for us. Same applies with Molly Malone and tiptoe through, fans simply do not know them! Alright for us older folk who grew up at Filbo but for the modern fan these do not work.

Nigel Pearson chants have not taken off all season, why is there so little vocal support for our manager? 

Also seems like no song can begin without a slow hand clap.

Unfortunately we will see this type of atmosphere more often this season as people only turn up for the bigger games. I await the response of if the songs are shit try something yourself, well people did try to do this several times but as we know if a chant is not started by UFS then it doesn't get given a chance.

Few good points here and I'll try and address them from my perspective I don't think the group are fizzling out at all, we had the best turnout in the S&R yesterday, I did think that there were more 'sitters' in that area which you could probably put down to it being against Burnley. 

Don't get your point about the guys having an ego at all, sorry. Said this about 5 times already since getting home yesterday, the DD song isn't serious at all, its just a couple of the guys doing it and the rest of us laughing at them while they do it  lol . LSF has great potential, it's all over a load of threads and people are all for it, we do it, and no one joins in so I think likening it to "a bunch of ******" isn't quite right.

As for the older songs, WYS got a couple of decent airings, and people are always saying we should do the 'classics' more often, so we do! The only way for younger fans to learn the older songs is for you to teach them the words! We also did 'One Nigel Pearson' a couple of times, no one was interested. Totally agree about people only turning up for the big games though. 

I think UFS are taking the blame a bit for the Kop being crap yesterday. Look at Palace last week, the Holmesdale Fanatics made no noise on their own, but when the whole stand joined in with them it was great. Same goes for the Kop, the 20 of us aren't going to be able to do it on our own, if people want a atmosphere like the first few games of the season, they're going to have to (literally!) get off their seats and make it happen.

PS. Good to have a reasoned debate with someone not just the usual "ur fans r shite"

• Like 4

Think I owe James and the lads an apology. My comments immediately after the game - face to face, not via a keyboard - should have been 'the kop was rubbish today, didnt join in, and just sat all day'. You chaps did your best, as you said you cant force people to join in. Think I probably let my frustrations get the better of me, but at least I can confirm I was not the old guy that asked for his money back.

Again, apologies lads, no disrespect meant to any of you. Hope I'm still allowed in the s&r pre-match.

I'd noticed one guy having a moan the other week but there was about half a dozen today which was a shame.Nothing to hang ourselves over but a shame none the less.

On another note,a good turn out today in the pub,best yet if I'm honest.

Definitely. Good to put a few more faces to names.

I wasn't there today, Mrs. Robinson or "He doesn't drink lager..."?

He doesn't drink lager