Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - The SK1 Thread

Get over it you moron. Would you rather us in administration again? Its fans like you with your stupid narrow minded comments that are a disgrace. No one else

Ha ha if he's a moron,then I despairs for the rest.

Just a quick well done to the club for absolutely ruining sk1 today :) never seen so many day trippers in my life, absolute ****ing disgrace, cannot believe how many shit fans we have.

So many of us desperate to get it going but nobody is having any of it. Wankers

You still sounded good from G2. I tried being a one-man relay to the rest of the East Stand, but nobody went for it. I'll email the official group address with my season ticket plans shortly.

Just a quick well done to the club for absolutely ruining sk1 today :) never seen so many day trippers in my life, absolute ****ing disgrace, cannot believe how many shit fans we have.

At least we tried Lee, I didn't think it was too bad, in fact quite good in spells

Will be better next season. Onwards and upwards

Please explain how the club ruined it? Those people have just as much right to sit in SK1 as you do.

Union FS said they didn't want to come across as an elitist group but I'm afraid you're doing them no favours at all with your posts Lee.

Gutted for you, you'd put a lot of effort in so your frustration is understandable. Still some good moments. Second half much improved.

One or two new verses of "Bring on the Sunderland" with words that I couldn't make out. Sounded a bit like the earlier 90's version with "oh we'll really shake them up, when we win the FA cup". Anybody got the words?

Please explain how the club ruined it? Those people have just as much right to sit in SK1 as you do.

Union FS said they didn't want to come across as an elitist group but I'm afraid you're doing them no favours at all with your posts Lee.

He's just extremely passionate about this that's all.We all say and do things in the heat of the moment.The amout of time the guy spent preparing for yesterday was immense.It was only a few words,not a hanging offence.

He's just extremely passionate about this that's all.We all say and do things in the heat of the moment.The amout of time the guy spent preparing for yesterday was immense.It was only a few words,not a hanging offence.

But it's not the first time, let's be honest. Seem to recall after the first Union FS game he had a dig at L1. Now calling people shit fans and wankers?

I have a lot of respect for the people trying to make this group a success (and know one of them personally), but posts from members which are so abusive towards other fans aren't helping your cause.

You need to realise that everyone has a right to sit in SK1 if they want to. If they don't want to stand up and sing for 90 minutes then it's their choice, and I'm afraid it doesn't make them a shit fan or a willy puller.

It depends how many of what kind of people you want in your group I suppose.

I was in the corner by SK1 yesterday which is not where I am usually (usually in k block). I was impressed by the singers and the atmosphere they were obviously trying hard to create. I'm getting a season ticket after a few years without while my children were too young. My 11 year old son asked if it's cheaper on SK1 than K block and maybe we should move up there. We both like to sing but can't stand up unless magically find ourselves on the front row of standers as obviously an 11 year old can't see the game over adults. Oh and I'm female...

You come across as only wanting young men in the group, preferably who drink beforehand, which is going to limit your membership as the demographic of football is now far wider than that. I grew up as a girl who stood in pen 2 at filbert street, where I was always accepted and children were always let to the front so they could see. Accepted as a passionate fan and a singer despite age and gender.

What's your groups thoughts about who you're trying to appeal to?

Personally I wouldn't want to target one specific kind of person.I think there is a wide range of people up there at the minute,all very friendly as well IMO.Regarding the beer drinking I couldn't possibly comment on that,lol.

If you get in touch with Union FS,I'm sure they could advise you on seating and maybe could get you on the front row.

Gutted for you, you'd put a lot of effort in so your frustration is understandable. Still some good moments. Second half much improved.

One or two new verses of "Bring on the Sunderland" with words that I couldn't make out. Sounded a bit like the earlier 90's version with "oh we'll really shake them up, when we win the FA cup". Anybody got the words?

Second verse goes something like this:

Who's that team we call the Leicester,

Who's that team we all adore

We're the team in blue and white and we'll fight with all our might

And we'll win every game for ever more......

First half was all right for the first 10 minutes then it died right down, second half I moved over and joined our usual section and it was quality again  lol

What we need is leadership and organisation. I assume the core members of Union FS will be securing their season tickets in SK1 ASAP on Tuesday. This is essential if we have any hope of making an impact next season.

It will not be an option to just purchase match tickets on the day if you want to be a regular part of this group, seats will be popular throughout the ground and it needs to be organised from now.

I urge everyone who wishes to be a part of this to buy a season ticket on Tuesday. After that, I'm sure Union FS will be in communication.

We cannot expect any favours from the club, we need to make sure that we aren't relying on it.

I've finally met Lee and know now who that lad with the longish hair is - it's the Soup Nazi lol

Yesterday wasn't really any better or worse than usual up there truth be told.

Rumbled :ph34r:

I might of over done it a bit yesterday,but enjoyed myself.

Thanks you lot up there,was thinking of jacking it all in earlier in the season,some will say wish you had of done.lol It's Gaz anyway,not a real Nazi and not into soup much either.

I was in the corner by SK1 yesterday which is not where I am usually (usually in k block). I was impressed by the singers and the atmosphere they were obviously trying hard to create. I'm getting a season ticket after a few years without while my children were too young. My 11 year old son asked if it's cheaper on SK1 than K block and maybe we should move up there. We both like to sing but can't stand up unless magically find ourselves on the front row of standers as obviously an 11 year old can't see the game over adults. Oh and I'm female...

You come across as only wanting young men in the group, preferably who drink beforehand, which is going to limit your membership as the demographic of football is now far wider than that. I grew up as a girl who stood in pen 2 at filbert street, where I was always accepted and children were always let to the front so they could see. Accepted as a passionate fan and a singer despite age and gender.

Just a couple of points. I'm 60+ and was in sk1 yesterday, singing most of the time, so its not all youngsters. And if you have an 11 year old with you, you CAN stand, just let him stand on his seat. Did it with my lad, but as he's 6'3" now its no longer practical

First half was all right for the first 10 minutes then it died right down, second half I moved over and joined our usual section and it was quality again  lol

Nearly son, nearly. 3rd line is We're the boys in blue and white.......

As I said to you yesterday, I'd forgotten that one from 40+years ago

Just a couple of points. I'm 60+ and was in sk1 yesterday, singing most of the time, so its not all youngsters. And if you have an 11 year old with you, you CAN stand, just let him stand on his seat. Did it with my lad, but as he's 6'3" now its no longer practical

Steve were you stood near to Gary (1964Fox)?

Steve were you stood near to Gary (1964Fox)?

Dunno mate, I was on the back row next to Bayfox. Very distinctive, yellow Walkers away shirt from the 90's. Only one I saw all day. Wandered over to Soup Nazi at half time - not that he can remember!

Dunno mate, I was on the back row next to Bayfox. Very distinctive, yellow Walkers away shirt from the 90's. Only one I saw all day. Wandered over to Soup Nazi at half time - not that he can remember!

lol Not true Steve,I do remember.And Tom in the 2nd half.

Can't speak for the group but personally...

I'm a 40 year old (male) and my son is 10, we've been sat in the east stand for two years at the front but now he loves standing and singing. If your son is average height for his age he should be fine standing. We both love singing and have loved our two outings in SK1 (QPR and Donny). I don't drink heavily when I'm with my son and never felt anybody didn't want us there in that block with them. 

When we emailed Union FS to join no eyebrows were raised or anything, nothing but welcoming.

I have seen several other parents and kids scattered, maybe not all wanting to be part of the group but haven't seen any problems or incidents. Just hope that everybody who joins is going to sing there hearts out. As long as we get good tickets will be there next season  :fc:

Being in amongst that electric atmosphere must be a dream for a young 'un and it keeps alive the idea of how football can be experienced for future generations (for those so inclined). Hands down my relationship with my lad is so much deeper for being fans who love to sing, it'll probably be the thing that keeps us mates more than anything else

Cheers, did notice a few new faces appear at half time on the back rows...

Can't speak for the group but personally...

I'm a 40 year old (male) and my son is 10, we've been sat in the east stand for two years at the front but now he loves standing and singing. If your son is average height for his age he should be fine standing. We both love singing and have loved our two outings in SK1 (QPR and Donny). I don't drink heavily when I'm with my son and never felt anybody didn't want us there in that block with them. 

When we emailed Union FS to join no eyebrows were raised or anything, nothing but welcoming.

I have seen several other parents and kids scattered, maybe not all wanting to be part of the group but haven't seen any problems or incidents. Just hope that everybody who joins is going to sing there hearts out. As long as we get good tickets will be there next season  :fc:

Being in amongst that electric atmosphere must be a dream for a young 'un and it keeps alive the idea of how football can be experienced for future generations (for those so inclined). Hands down my relationship with my lad is so much deeper for being fans who love to sing, it'll probably be the thing that keeps us mates more than anything else

This. Works for me and my lad. Lad, he's 21 in a couple of months! Still best mates though - I think? All thanks to our mutual love of the City. Quite right though, get the young 'uns into SK1 now, they'll grow up with it. And all us older people will be delighted to see the next generation coming through. I mean, I'm not gonna be standing up there in another 20 years. In fact, the way I feel today, dont know if I'll make next season, my bloody knee hurts. 

This group will accept absolutely anyone who shares the same desire to make the ground the loudest in England (or one of). Regardless.

There are women up there. Not many but there are a couple.

Archived