Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - The SK1 Thread

It depends how many of what kind of people you want in your group I suppose.

I was in the corner by SK1 yesterday which is not where I am usually (usually in k block). I was impressed by the singers and the atmosphere they were obviously trying hard to create. I'm getting a season ticket after a few years without while my children were too young. My 11 year old son asked if it's cheaper on SK1 than K block and maybe we should move up there. We both like to sing but can't stand up unless magically find ourselves on the front row of standers as obviously an 11 year old can't see the game over adults. Oh and I'm female...

You come across as only wanting young men in the group, preferably who drink beforehand, which is going to limit your membership as the demographic of football is now far wider than that. I grew up as a girl who stood in pen 2 at filbert street, where I was always accepted and children were always let to the front so they could see. Accepted as a passionate fan and a singer despite age and gender.

What's your groups thoughts about who you're trying to appeal to?

Hi Illusion,

If you would like to join us next season as season ticket holders, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll try an sort something out as regards being on the first row of standers.

We'd like to think that we are welcoming and don't just appeal to 'lads who like drinking' so it's nice to read Lobsterboy's comments above.

Thanks for your support and please do get in touch - your son is the next generation so if we can get him singing proudly for 90 mins every game we will have achieved something!

Union FS

We have sent the following message to our members today regarding season ticket arrangements prior to them going on sale in the morning. Wary that there are others on here who may wish to join us but haven’t yet been in touch with us via e-mail, [email protected], we wanted to share on here:

This weekend has been a great one for everyone connected with Leicester City Football Club. Getting our hands on the Football League trophy for the first time is a massive achievement, even if it is now handed out for winning the second tier. We hope that you have enjoyed this season as much as we have – it really has been excellent.

Before the dust can settle on this season, however, we must take action to make next season a success in SK1. As you will be aware, season tickets go on sale tomorrow, Tuesday (6th May) at 9am. Prices in SK1 are £415 for those of you renewing – and we understand that that includes those relocating from another area of the ground – and £450 for new season ticket holders.

As you may now know, Union FS had been liaising with the Club in order to get a period of protection for Union FS members to purchase their season tickets in the area to maximise the chance of us all gathering together to create a great atmosphere game in, game out. Unfortunately no agreement has been put in place in time for the season tickets to go on sale. In this regard, we urge each one of you that has shown an interest in joining us in SK1 to purchase your season tickets as soon as possible tomorrow morning in the yellow area shown below. For ease of reference, this is Row FF to PP, seats 17 to 29. When purchasing, we should be grateful if you would endeavour to get your tickets as far back as possible in this area.

SK1Structure_zpsb01a340e.png

Should the yellow area be sold out, please purchase your season tickets in the purple area (FF to PP, 1 to 14) again starting as far back as possible but keeping as close to the yellow area as possible (i.e. start with seats 14, 13, 12 etc) to ensure that we keep as much of as a tight knit group as possible.

Again, if this area sells out, please use the light blue area of the diagram (JJ to PP, 32 to 49) starting as far back as possible and again keeping as close to the yellow area as possible (i.e. start with seats 32, 33, 34 etc).

Our numbers have grown at an incredible pace over the past few weeks and a latest count shows over 100 people committed to buying season tickets in this area. This does not even include friends of those who have signalled their intent to move. We therefore expect that these seats will be snapped up fairly early next week so it is critical that you relocate (if renewing) or buy as soon as you possibly can to a) avoid disappointment and b) avoid having fans not interested in creating an atmosphere snap up the seats in the area.

Once you have purchased your season tickets, please let us know the seat numbers so that we have a greater understanding of our strength as a group. This information will not be shared outside of Union FS.

Clearly this is not something that we can control, but please could we request that when purchasing your season tickets, you leave the following seats free for as long as possible on Tuesday and Wednesday: Row KK – seats 25, 24, 23, 20 and Row LL – seats 23, 22, 20, 19. This may seem like an odd request on the face of it, however during arguably our most successful two ‘trials’ (Charlton and QPR) we noted there were two* groups of fans with a great propensity to starting and maintaining chants and strongly believe that getting these fans together in the centre of our block is key to our success next year.

(* – there were almost certainly more so please do not feel offended if you have not been asked to take up these seats, we need you all as much as them!)

Thank you again for your support – keep in touch regarding your ST purchases.

Cheers,

Union FS

Union FS emailed out a couple of hours ago, still plenty left apparently

Yes I read that,but since read that SK2 and SK3 are about sold out.Naturally people will then start to spill in to SK1,just hope our members are pulling out all the stops to get into section.I know this might be very hard for some,not a chance in hell I would of been able to get there today.Good luck everybody.

Got mine but in row P next to my brother and Grandad. I'll be singing my heart out don't you worry :chant:

I hope you mean row pp.

Unless that's where you wanted it,I just imagined you on the phone for 8 hours then giving them the wrong row.But I will be listening out for you next season pal.:thumbup:

I'll try and go down again tomorrow, I'm guessing it will still be packed and if true about SK2 and 3 being sold out I can see SK1 being sold out tomorrow too. I'll do my best

I camped out from 9pm last year for Watford away tickets,I said never again.But I'd probably be down there again if I'd needed too.It wasn't that bad,honest.

:ph34r:

I hope you mean row pp.

Unless that's where you wanted it,I just imagined you on the phone for 8 hours then giving them the wrong row.But I will be listening out for you next season pal.:thumbup:

No it's where I wanted to sit lol Wouldn't be very funny if they put me there if I was looking to sit at the top! I'll try my best down there. There's not many singers around me but I'm sure once a few of us get going the rest will follow :thumbup:

No it's where I wanted to sit lol Wouldn't be very funny if they put me there if I was looking to sit at the top! I'll try my best down there. There's not many singers around me but I'm sure once a few of us get going the rest will follow :thumbup:

Nice one.

Archived