Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - The SK1 Thread

"We're sitting down, we're standing up" Just chant that once a half and that is that one ticked off.

As to the uniform wow, I would like to see who came up with that idea and whether or not they are just trying to get a reaction.

Are the club fishing?

They'll be a post from Official LCFC in a minute just with 

:fishing:

Thank you for a more informative reply.

You did offer self policing so that seems fair.

Although for all sk1/2 existing season ticket holders entertainment I hope it is a lcfc gimpsuit or onesie.

As for the sitting part. What an odd request. Are they going to look to enforce this in l1.

Our group to the left of you have stood with no intervention from stewards for about 6 seasons now.

Is this going to be a new club policy? I sit at half time. Does that count lol

Surely they would HAVE to enforce this in L1 too?

With regard to the bold.

Self policing is achieved because every 'member' would be required to post their ticket and seat details to UFS, 

However the request does not make sense,

The only action the "group" could take would be a 'citizens arrest' in the ground, which would then have to be taken over by the club stewards anyway?

'Self policing' is a term that is used lightly in the fact that we will know each and everyone of the groups members, have their details. and ticket/seat numbers. Which can be provided at a moments notice. (This is my opinion and not that of UFS) Which would make things simple.

But apart from a citizens arrest the club know that there is not alot we can do to physically contain an erratic fan. which is the same in EVERY part of the gound.

However the group can work with the club to make sure erratic fans do not repeatedly get into the section.

Surely they would HAVE to enforce this in L1 too?

With regard to the bold.

Self policing is achieved because every 'member' would be required to post their ticket and seat details to UFS, 

However the request does not make sense,

The only action the "group" could take would be a 'citizens arrest' in the ground, which would then have to be taken over by the club stewards anyway?

'Self policing' is a term that is used lightly in the fact that we will know each and everyone of the groups members, have their details. and ticket/seat numbers. Which can be provided at a moments notice. (This is my opinion and not that of UFS) Which would make things simple.

But apart from a citizens arrest the club know that there is not alot we can do to physically contain an erratic fan.

However the group can work with the club to make sure erratic fans do not repeatedly get into the section.

lol I think self-policing is more to do with reminding each other to stay out of the aisles and stop banging on the back of the stand rather than wearing a fluorescent jacket, putting people under citizen's arrest and handing their details over to the Club (which wouldn't happen - they are not grasses).

lol I think self-policing is more to do with reminding each other to stay out of the aisles and stop banging on the back of the stand rather than wearing a fluorescent jacket, putting people under citizen's arrest and handing their details over to the Club (which wouldn't happen - they are not grasses).

Well yes I know what you mean, But the club have clearly not taken it in that light have they!

Mine is worst case example lol which is why I think the term "self policing" is a bit strong, Just the point that the most we could do legally is a citizens arrest, before the club have to take over which completely misses the point on making us become stewards to ourselves anyway!

"GET ON THE GROUND!!!! GET ON THE ****ING GROUND!!!!!"

"YOU WERE TOLD TO SIT DOWN FOR A MINUTE GET ON THE GROUND"

There were very few words used by the club to describe what they were asking for so let's wait for a clarification before wondering off with random ideas of what the "Marshall" role involves.

If the attire includes a night stick. I'll do it Eric Cartman style - "Respect my Authori-tie"

There were very few words used by the club to describe what they were asking for so let's wait for a clarification before wondering off with random ideas of what the "Marshall" role involves.

Agree with this really. Union FS have said they will seek clarification so let's wait to hear what they come back with.

Pretty predictable really and sadly the way football is going nowadays, Can't see any other option than to go with the clubs wishes though if you want this to take off the ground!

Our seats are just to the side of you and we were thinking of moving to be with you

Pretty predictable really and sadly the way football is going nowadays, Can't see any other option than to go with the clubs wishes though if you want this to take off the ground!

Our seats are just to the side of you and we were thinking of moving to be with you

Do it... will be the hub of the KP's atmosphere soon enough :)

I cant wait for a round of "Sit down shut up, sit down shut up"

Everyone sits down, someone with a watch on, Silence for 60 seconds before someone jumps up out of their seat singing "STAND UP IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER STAND UP!! IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER STAND UP!! IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER STAND UP!!!!!!! IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER!!"

Would be a laugh haha

???Count me out then.

Self policing isn't an issue but I don't see why a "marshal" needs to wear distinctive clothing. For each home game, just designate a willing member as "head of liaison" (Just to give it a hypothetical title), who can be the group's point of contact with the stewards in the section and at the bottom of the stairs. Any problems, the stewards go the the "HoL", then they pass on the message to the group, if the problem doesn't go away, then the stewards come up and have a word directly. Simple. 

Sounds to me like they are requesting a few things that exonerates the club from any potential problems with the authorities. 

Problem is, I cannot see the difference between SK1 block and L/K? Only difference is SK1 is potentially 'organised' or 'managed' so surely L1/K1 will be getting the same treatment? are they planning this all for next season?

Self policing isn't an issue but I don't see why a "marshal" needs to wear distinctive clothing. For each home game, just designate a willing member as "head of liaison" (Just to give it a hypothetical title), who can be the group's point of contact with the stewards in the section and at the bottom of the stairs. Any problems, the stewards go the the "HoL", then they pass on the message to the group, if the problem doesn't go away, then the stewards come up and have a word directly. Simple. 

This

I cant wait for a round of "Sit down shut up, sit down shut up"

Everyone sits down, someone with a watch on, Silence for 60 seconds before someone jumps up out of their seat singing "STAND UP IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER STAND UP!! IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER STAND UP!! IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER STAND UP!!!!!!! IF YOU LOVE LEICESTER!!"

Would be a laugh haha

Why the silence? Get a clapping thing going, Munich do one that looks awesome,... there's always a way around something if you use your initiative 😉

Problem is, I cannot see the difference between SK1 block and L/K? Only difference is SK1 is potentially 'organised' or 'managed' so surely L1/K1 will be getting the same treatment? are they planning this all for next season?

This

The difference may be that although there is supposed to be no persistent standing at any ground, obviously fans do stand so the clubs may have to declare to the police that although supporters have been warned standing still occurs in these areas. Now there is another area at our ground, they club may have to declare that as well. Probably a load of bollocks but it might be an explanation. 

Having said let's not speculate I'm going to now speculate! I would expect the role of match day liaison would be to clarify membership of Union FS for stewards.

They would need to be able to manage situations where non members are causing crowding in the aisles if they try to come over without a ticket in the block.

To be fair to the club there has been an isolated minor incident of overcrowding already and they have to operate the stadium in line with draconian regulations with no latitude on issues like that. The ground safety officer is the one who gets held to account at a tribunal should a terrible incident occur so we must expect something like this to be required IMO.

Changing this situation is a national issue and falls under the FSF Safe Standing campaign. Can't see 80 fans in SK1 doing anything to change that so I'm not that fussed if we have to have some nominated people.

I appreciate the "attire" assuming hi-viz does not fit the Union FS aesthetic to say the least but the underlying reasons for the self-policing are not unreasonable IMO

Another point, L1 and K1 have grown organically over the years and behaved really well in that time and with the high level of season ticket holders and low turnover of change we shouldn't be asking any questions along the lines of "why aren't L1 having any of this?". For me that's an unhealthy debate to try to start and one that damages Union FS more than it helps.

If I had a snowball's hope in hell of getting tickets with the hardcore at the back of L/K1 I would be there as would a good number of potential Union FS members. Capacity is the issue.

Archived