Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

What has happened to you in life since Leicester were last in the Premier League

When we got relegated I was well and truly enjoying a hedonistic lifestyle, clubbing my life away. Since then I've got a degree, a PhD, a husband, and 4 cats, combated my stage fright and now sing in a multi-award winning choir, as well as in a quartet (the latter are competing next week eeeek), been on the radio and to the House of Commons talking about my nuclear science research and travelled the world. Unfortunately lost 4 friends in the last 10 years - all too young, two were city fans. 

Left School 7 years ago after A Levels.

Qualified AAT

Qualified ACA - biggest achievement to date as the exams are so hard.

Travelled to Spain a few times, Ireland, Venice, Tenerife and New York.

Now working as an Assistant FC at a large american corp and love my football

Moving to Burbage next week with my mrs we are buying our first house, been together 4 years. Sums up the last 10 years really.

I'm originally from Burbage, where abouts you bought? I'm moving back from London within the next 18 months once I've qualified in CIMA.

Hahahahahaaa Master Fox isn't wrong, Accountancy is the pits but the bunce is sweet at some point. I'm still a year or two off though.

Alot of you appear to have fallen into the life society expects of you - mundane job, mortgage, baby, chronic flatulence and a girlfriend or wife with terrible breath. It's not too late to break out of the mould. It's not to late to satisfy your sexual urges. It's not too late to satisfy your sexual desires

I'm originally from Burbage, where abouts you bought? I'm moving back from London within the next 18 months once I've qualified in CIMA.

Hahahahahaaa Master Fox isn't wrong, Accountancy is the pits but the bunce is sweet at some point. I'm still a year or two off though.

Bought on Love Lane which is a little road off grove Road, quiet down there!

You know where I mean - it's old burbage - all the pubs near by so looking forward to having them all on my doorstep and into the tiffin after a skin ful.

You poor man. I think I'd rather pour melting hot lava in my eyeballs than experience this.

Each to their own but pays the bills.

I take it you are a Dr or a Lawyer or something...? :unsure:

I died and got reincarnated as goat.

sorry only Kidding!!!!

I blame the nanny state - and Billy Davies....and Sean Dyche, as he's got a Gruff voice.

Ah, puck it, this gives me the horn!

No bunce will ever draw me back my friend. I still have post traumatic stress disorder from my 10 year career in the field. In final my week at uni doing a science degree. Need one more exam. Think postive for ol' MF the long time sufferer.

Each to their own but pays the bills.

This! This is the attitude where it all goes wrong. I thought like this too. I dropped my secure job, money, mortgage. Packed it all in. People called me crazy. But I was right.

5 Countries (UK, Bahrain, Lebanon, UAE, Australia)

4 Marathons ( London DNF, London 2:50, Berlin 2:41, Bahrain 3:05)

3 Knee Operations (Cartridge - 1 right 2 left)

2 Wars (Beirut 2006 v Israel and 2008 v Hezbollah)

1 Child (01/01/14)

ohh and 17 posts on Foxestalk

This! This is the attitude where is all goes wrong. I thought like this too. I dropped my secure job, money, mortgage. Packed it all in. People called me crazy. But I was right.

So you packed it in now doing a science degree?

just because it wasn't for you doesn't mean it's not for everyone

Travelled the World, made and lost a fortune, created a booming business and fcuked it up, avoided the nick, met Jimmy Savile, drank and gambled more than I will for the rest of my life, aged about 25 years and pissed off more women than Max Clifford.

Wouldn't change a minute of it.

may i ask how you travelled the world?? always been a great intrest of mine

So you packed it in now doing a science degree?

just because it wasn't for you doesn't mean it's not for everyone

Yeah. That's right. In my final week.

I did a part time accountancy job for the first two years to 'pay the bills'. But not for my final year.

If you like it, then fair play. I think I remember having this argument with you about 5 years ago.

Yeah. That's right. In my final week.

I did a part time accountancy job for the first two years to 'pay the bills'. But not for my final year.

If you like it, then fair play. I think I remember having this argument with you about 5 years ago.

I think a part time accountancy job is a bit different to doing it full time in practice or industry with study support and pay etc.

I dont have any interest in science, but i wouldn't pour molten lava over my eyes like you said. Good luck to you if it's something that interests you :thumbup:

I think a part time accountancy job is a bit different to doing it full time in practice or industry with study support and pay etc.

I dont have any interest in science, but i wouldn't pour molten lava over my eyes like you said. Good luck to you if it's something that interests you :thumbup:

Sorry to be downer. But you do realise scientists have written algorithms that will replace all accountancy jobs within the next 5-10years.  It's the second most likely job to become obsolete in the future.

Sorry to be downer. But you do realise scientists have written algorithms that will replace all accountancy jobs within the next 5-10years.  It's the second most likely job to become obsolete in the future.

Yep I have just handed my notice in based on this!

There is more to it than counting beans, but wouldn't expect you to understand.

Bought on Love Lane which is a little road off grove Road, quiet down there!

You know where I mean - it's old burbage - all the pubs near by so looking forward to having them all on my doorstep and into the tiffin after a skin ful.

My best mate used to live there growing up, might even be the same house as there's only about 10 down that little stretch. Lovely cottages.

Probably see you in the boozers mate, I'm back there at least once a month.

This! This is the attitude where it all goes wrong. I thought like this too. I dropped my secure job, money, mortgage. Packed it all in. People called me crazy. But I was right.

I tend to agree with you, I'm a coont though mate. Qualified in what I really want to do in life but sacked it off as I got scared of the lack of security. I'll go back to that in time but for now I'm happy to bollocks up this country as an accountant for the NHS.

Archived