Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

What has happened to you in life since Leicester were last in the Premier League

I read a thread on another forum about things that have changed in the last ten years since we were last in the PL. It got me thinking about what I've done in the last ten years and to be honest it's about as appalling as Leicester's achievements!

I've had IBS for the whole ten years which is my biggest accolade.

What's everyone else's?

I read a thread on another forum about things that have changed in the last ten years since we were last in the PL. It got me thinking about what I've done in the last ten years and to be honest it's about as appalling as Leicester's achievements!

I've had IBS for the whole ten years which is my biggest accolade.

What's everyone else's?

Graduated from Uni, moved abroad (we got relegated in 08 the week I left Ingerlund), met my partner, became a proud Uncle.

The year we got relegated i started going out with a girl id grew up with at school. We are now married with 2 kids (eldest is 7 and youngest is 4 months old).

I was at college at the time studying Engineering and since then i have completed a 4 year apprenticeship and a HNC in Engineering. Worked away from home for 5 years but now have a job where im home every night and couldnt be happier :)

My son being born this year (on new years day) and getting promoted has made this one of the best years EVER :thumbup:

Moved to Wales for University, always went to Cardiff away games, came back to a dead end job

Quit dead end job and flew to Botswana, bought a car and drove around Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa, (watched City in pubs at least 3 times, getting the locals involved with my drunken joy!), had a major car crash so had to come home to recover and had to resume dead-end job for another 2 years.

Quit again and flew to Arizona to volunteer for a conservation projects in the Grand Canyon, Mojave Desert, Utah, Tonto Creek, Nevada, again managing to watch City in pubs on days off. came back to a total lack of jobs for 6 months

Flew to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup, watched England twice (Scotland/France, latter of which I won the tickets by complete fluke) worked at the best place I've ever worked; the boss let me Skype me dad to so I could play certain Tuesday night (Wednesday morning NZ time) game commentaries through the store PA system, used to scour the web for streams of matches whenever I couldn't sleep

Came back 2 years ago to total lack of job prospects, now working in a special needs school as a cover and as a carer for a lad with learning difficulties on weekends so these days I have to take the day off work in order to go to the football.

Finished school, went to college, finished college, went to Uni. Ten years ago we got relegated. I was 11, I'm approaching 22 this month. My life has flashed before my eyes...

Moved to Wales for University, always went to Cardiff away games, came back to a dead end job

Quit dead end job and flew to Botswana, bought a car and drove around Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa, (watched City in pubs at least 3 times, getting the locals involved with my drunken joy!), had a major car crash so had to come home to recover and had to resume dead-end job for another 2 years.

Quit again and flew to Arizona to volunteer for a conservation projects in the Grand Canyon, Mojave Desert, Utah, Tonto Creek, Nevada, again managing to watch City in pubs on days off. came back to a total lack of jobs for 6 months

Flew to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup, watched England twice (Scotland/France, latter of which I won the tickets by complete fluke) worked at the best place I've ever worked; the boss let me Skype me dad to so I could play certain Tuesday night (Wednesday morning NZ time) game commentaries through the store PA system, used to scour the web for streams of matches whenever I couldn't sleep

Came back 2 years ago to total lack of job prospects, now working in a special needs school as a cover and as a carer for a lad with learning difficulties on weekends so these days I have to take the day off work in order to go to the football.

Well in mate, you've definitely had some life experiences there!

I bought a house in 2005, split up with the slag I had it with. Haven't been able to sell it since as we're in serious negative equity. I qualified to be a Hypnotherapist, EFT Practitioner and Counsellor. Couldn't be arsed to do it though so fcuked off and moved to London in 2009 to be with my current missus whose an absolute salt of the earth. I am now accidently a part-qualified Accountant which i'm the complete pits at and have no interest in it. I'll probably finish my studies though and then sack it off and do something else because i'm a neanderthal. I lost £2000 in 5 minutes last year on roulette and had to take out a loan to pay it off, but i've not had a bet or any form of gambling since. I have become obsessed with gourmet burgers and travel the world in pursuit of the best one. I have had over 100 this year alone. I have also eaten 7 naan breads in one sitting, 29 yorkshire puddings (which apparently were actually triple baked cheese souffles) at my mates wedding and 33 bags of canadian ham seabrooks. They are all my PB's in the last 10 years.

Keep the faith.

Finished school, went to college, finished college, went to Uni. Ten years ago we got relegated. I was 11, I'm approaching 22 this month. My life has flashed before my eyes...

You think thats gone fast wait till you're 32, you might be married with kids*

*if you can find a desperate girl, who likes the smell of B.O and blokes with tiny cocks

The year we got relegated i started going out with a girl id grew up with at school. We are now married with 2 kids (eldest is 7 and youngest is 4 months old).

I was at college at the time studying Engineering and since then i have completed a 4 year apprenticeship and a HNC in Engineering. Worked away from home for 5 years but now have a job where im home every night and couldnt be happier :)

My son being born this year (on new years day) and getting promoted has made this one of the best years EVER :thumbup:

Hate to break it to ya, but your son is 5 months old 😉

- Finished 6th form

- Started and finished Uni in Nottingham

- First girlfriend, started a 4 year relationship and also seen it end

- Started 4 jobs, 2 which I hated, 1 was decent but miles away and 1 is my current that I've worked hard for

- Moved to Tewkesbury with said girl from before and moved away when things went boom

- Moved down to Bristol after Tewkesbury due to work

- Back in home town in a job I've wanted to do for years, moved back to Leicestershire

- Been on a few nice holidays

- Met some nice people

- Met some idiots

I'm happy where I am now location wise and job wise so I'd quite like to settle now. The last 10 years and particularly the last 2.5 I feel like I've been living out a bag. Hopefully in the next 10 I'll have achieved a fair bit of what I want to!

Archived