Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXES-BROWNBOY

Starting 11 next season.

Guest LCFC_World

With the players that we have got this is the team I would like to see next season.

Kasper - Has been a fantastic keeper for us, there is no denying that we need to sign him up so he can be our long term keeper.

RDL - Very consistent right back, has a lot of pace with him. Needs to improve his defending though, hopefully he can prove him self in the prem. Very good to have during attacks as well.

Morgan - Our captain. Has a year or so left in him. Rock at the back, but we do need to replace him next year or so.

Moore - I feel he's slightly over rated but has a lot of potential. One of our own and hopefully one for England. Contract runs out in a year so we need to make sire we renew it.

Schlup - Tough one this was, deserves his chance in the premier league. Really needs to improve his defending though, if he can not then a replacement is needed.

Knockaert - No doubt he has been one of our best players. Very skillfull and again deserves his chance in the premier league. He may struggle a bit though. Definitely not going to be our penalty taker.

Drinky - He hasn't been 'one of our best player" but has been our BEST player. Without him I don't feel we would be where we are right now. Provides chances and often scores some fantastic goals from long range.

James - Again, one of our best players, very similar to Drinky but does well sitting in front of the defence to help them. Needs to be in the 11 next season.

Mahrez - Came in for a very cheap fee, and has really surprised me. Very skillfull and scores great goals, especially when he cuts in and curls it in to the bottom corner.

Vardy - didn't have a very good first year, but has proved him self to be a natural goal scorer. Needs a chance but will have to be replaced in January if he is not doing well.

Nugent - not the best striker in the world, but we need his experience to help us succeed in the premier league. Another striker will need to be signed to provide competition.

Other people I would like to see come in:

Adam Johnson - Has really proved him self in the last few months to be Sunderland's best player. Can shoot, pass, and would be a great addition to our squad.

Diame - fantastic player that is a little like Yaya toure. If we need to stay up we need someone like him that is strong and has the ability to take player on and score goals. Apparently has a £3M release clause so he is worth a shot, but wages may be a problem.

Marshel - Only is Kasper leaves. One of the best keepers this season in the prem.

Adam Johnson - Has really proved him self in the last few months to be Sunderland's best player. Can shoot, pass, and would be a great addition to our squad.

What? All I've heard from Sunderland fans is how atrocious and lazy he is. He had a good 2 or 3 game spell months ago and that was about it.

Here we go, i'm bored. Too many new players at once for me, but if we were to go all out for a really competitive squad of 22:

GK's: 

Kasper (Marshall if not)

New back up (Pele?!)

RB:                     CB:                          CB:                          LB:

De Laet              Morgan            Caulker/Hangelaand      Schlupp

Magnasco?           Was                       Moore                  Konchesky

RW:                    CM:                         CM:                    LW:  

Snodgrass           Drinky                     James                Mahrez

Knocky             Hammond                   Fer                 Redmond

AM options:

Dejagah

King

ST:                           ST: 

Nugent                       Vardy

Wood                     French gem... 

Yes a lot of relegated players (and Caulker bla bla) but would add loads for us and NP would get the best out of them. Would be a brilliant squad I reckon!!

I love that we want to stick with what we know.

I think our midfield is brilliant, but we need an option for the games when Knocky doesn't fire.

I worry about our front two in the Prem. I think Vardy has it in him to make the step up, but I do fear that him and Nuge are not going to worry many top class defences (such as there are any in this country), at least for a few early months while they adapt.

I worry about our back four most of all. I think RDL and Schlupp will have to become far more disciplined if we're to hold firm, which may only come with time. And I think if you choose a CB pair from our three, you will worry about either pace or aerial threats whoever you choose.

So, priority signings for me are a safe LB, LW (assuming Mahrez goes right), mobile CB and striker. Same as every other club. Maybe a change CM too. Should be fun seeing who Walsh, NP, Shakey and the boys unearth after two sensational seasons on a shoestring...

I think last seasons first choice 11 should be given the opportunity to start where they left off and see how they adapt to the Premier League

Pearson will sign a few players but they should start as subs or start when the first eleven are not performing

Archived