Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Little nudge if even for a hint on where to go and watch!

So i can't tell you anything specific to Florida, but i will just explain a few things about watching the premier league in America. Although each game is televised, not every game is aired on a cable channel (NBC. NBC Sports, etc.). That means Leicester's match against Watford (midweek), will likely not be on TV if you go to a bar.

Some of the less popular matches are locked behind a paywall, in a subscription called "NBC Sports Gold." To watch those matches, you have to pay for an annual subscription, and then stream the games online through the NBC Sports App. 

Leicester vs Aston Villa (on a Sunday), will likely be televised. This is a good resource to use to determine which channels the games are on in America: https://www.livesoccertv.com/ 

Just note that the data is usually not completely updated until the week of the matches. 

There may not be many Leicester fans in Florida, specifically, but the premier league is popular in every major city. Florida has a large Hispanic population, and they have a MLS team in Orlando (and one soon in Miami), so finding soccer fans should not be difficult. To narrow down a bar, i would look on google maps, facebook, or some of the local subreddits. What you should be looking for is a "soccer bar," or an irish/english pub that opens early enough for the game. If you're staying at a hotel, concierge will probably know where to go.

That's probably not what you were looking for, but I hope that helps!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

So i can't tell you anything specific to Florida, but i will just explain a few things about watching the premier league in America. Although each game is televised, not every game is aired on a cable channel (NBC. NBC Sports, etc.). That means Leicester's match against Watford (midweek), will likely not be on TV if you go to a bar.

Some of the less popular matches are locked behind a paywall, in a subscription called "NBC Sports Gold." To watch those matches, you have to pay for an annual subscription, and then stream the games online through the NBC Sports App. 

Leicester vs Aston Villa (on a Sunday), will likely be televised. This is a good resource to use to determine which channels the games are on in America: https://www.livesoccertv.com/ 

Just note that the data is usually not completely updated until the week of the matches. 

There may not be many Leicester fans in Florida, specifically, but the premier league is popular in every major city. Florida has a large Hispanic population, and they have a MLS team in Orlando (and one soon in Miami), so finding soccer fans should not be difficult. To narrow down a bar, i would look on google maps, facebook, or some of the local subreddits. What you should be looking for is a "soccer bar," or an irish/english pub that opens early enough for the game. If you're staying at a hotel, concierge will probably know where to go.

That's probably not what you were looking for, but I hope that helps!

Thank you - most helpful :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hey!!  City representation at NBC's Miami fan fest.

While I'm not a fan of this event pre-empting studio coverage ... it's great to see a contingent of ours and not just the "Sky Six".  Hats off to those who went!

IMG_7357.jpg.734c8ea5b886748d85c77bbd847b81e5.jpg

• Like 2

On 14/12/2019 at 12:47, KingsX said:

Hey hey!!  City representation at NBC's Miami fan fest.

While I'm not a fan of this event pre-empting studio coverage ... it's great to see a contingent of ours and not just the "Sky Six".  Hats off to those who went!

IMG_7357.jpg.734c8ea5b886748d85c77bbd847b81e5.jpg

It was a really great turn out, not just from Miami / FL locals that were there in force but also people who travelled across country, like my mate who came from Tacoma, Washington for the weekend. It was an easy flight from Houston. The club brought a strong contingent too and Gerry Taggart was awesome! 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2020 at 19:55, NewEnglandFox said:

Just started the 7 day trial of peacock premium so I don't have to figure it out before 7am. They do take your CC info and it turns into an auto renew.

Yeah, its unfortunate we have to pay $5 on top of our cable package, but i suppose it beats $15 PPVs. 

Today's game for anyone in the states is free on TUDN (spanish) if that's in your cable package. 

17 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Yeah, its unfortunate we have to pay $5 on top of our cable package, but i suppose it beats $15 PPVs. 

Today's game for anyone in the states is free on TUDN (spanish) if that's in your cable package. 

I reached the point where I just pay for everything. Never would have thought I'd do that when NBC Gold was introduced and we went from having every game to having to pay over the top. Sucks to have to pay for something that was once included. But considering the horrible quality and delay of streams, I'm happy to part with a couple bucks a match. Not going to defend £15/match for the English though we pay much much less.

I saw on LivesoccerTV that TUDN was a Univision network and thought maybe I have this but I'm more than fine to part with $12 to watch 6 European games.

What someone can afford and what they are willing to pay for aren't the same thing, but more often than not I see the former masquerading as the latter.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone in or around NYC— the New York Foxes Holiday Vardy/10th Anniversary Party is this Sunday before, during and after the Villa game. We’ll also have a great raffle of items to raise a little money for New York Cares. We’re expecting a decent crowd for this one— should be a helluva time. 

• 2 months later...
On 28/11/2021 at 15:51, Chris Watts said:

Sloth ,

Quite a few of us across the Carolinas !! Charlotte , Asheville , Hickory , Murtle Beach , Clemson , Spartanburg ! Where are you ? 

On 28/11/2021 at 19:14, Sloth said:

Just outside Greensboro NC

im in concord, NC just outside of Charlotte. Moved here from Leicester 11 years ago

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

For those NC Foxes:

My family and I were able to give the Foxes a little shout in a Charlotte area publication recently -

https://qcnerve.com/charlotte-fc-wakes-up-citys-sleeping-giant-soccer-scene/

Superb.  Congratulations on your beautiful baby daughter!

So that’s a couple more things we have in common

- We started following City at exactly the same time

- Our wives look exquisite in City colors  :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 09:04, KingsX said:

Superb.  Congratulations on your beautiful baby daughter!

So that’s a couple more things we have in common

- We started following City at exactly the same time

- Our wives look exquisite in City colors  :thumbup:

The list is getting rather long now, isn't it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...