Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

The opening match v Coventry is scheduled to be on ESPN+.  :schmike:

As are all three of Sunday's matches ... gives me hope that ESPN will stream a larger number of Championship matches than they have the last couple of years.

I'd really like to get feedback from a couple of you "early adopters" before I commit nearly 200 bucks to stream via lcfc.com.

Edited by KingsX

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The opening match v Coventry is scheduled to be on ESPN+.  :schmike:

As are all three of Sunday's matches ... gives me hope that ESPN will stream a larger number of Championship matches than they have the last couple of years.

I'd really like to get feedback from a couple of you "early adopters" before I commit nearly 200 bucks to stream via lcfc.com.

I’ve generally been happy with their FA Cup coverage in recent years, and been happy to keep ESPN+ over that time for all different sports- NHL, NCAA, MLB, etc. Will stick with it this season, too. 

ESPN does seem to publish their TV fixtures through the end of August, and it looks like the Huddersfield match is also on ESPN+, but the next few matchweeks feature other clubs.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/schedule/_/date/20230804/league/eng.2

One other perk of ESPN+ is access to all premium content from their writers. Not as much for soccer, but for their best NFL and MLB content, if you like that sort of thing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

- New York Foxes will be back at Football Factory this weekend

- Rochester Foxes will be at Donovan’s Fairport

- Philly Foxes at Hilltown Tavern

- San Diego Foxes will be at The Blue Foot. 

Edited by The_77

The “best” stream I could get for Cardiff was pretty much useless.  The next nine months could be brutal.

So … FoxesHub … $180 for what all ESPN doesn’t stream.  I fear it’s Ferrari pricing for a Vespa *  but I’m desperate for the ride.  So I’d be grateful for feedback on the technical quality.

How was the picture and sound quality?  Any buffering or lagging?

Can you stream it to TV via a Firestick?  (albeit I can live with having to watch on a laptop.)

Is there replay capability?  Or can you only watch live during the event?

* (or else coke pricing for crackheads)

It was good. My old laptop maxes out at 720p so I don't know what the upper limit of the quality is. No lagging, buffering, or dropped frames.

The first year of peacock I tried to do the stream thing as a I can't believe they're making us pay for this thing we used to get for free thing but I didn't care for the hassle of going to sketchy sites, being multiple minutes behind the action (even though peacock was usually 2 behind), and knowing the game could turn into a spinny disc at any second.

At the end of the season I'd like to know how many games were on each service.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KingsX said:

The “best” stream I could get for Cardiff was pretty much useless.  The next nine months could be brutal.

So … FoxesHub … $180 for what all ESPN doesn’t stream.  I fear it’s Ferrari pricing for a Vespa *  but I’m desperate for the ride.  So I’d be grateful for feedback on the technical quality.

Can you stream it to TV via a Firestick?  (albeit I can live with having to watch on a laptop.)

Worked pretty easily on a laptop connected to a TV via HDMI. No buffering, the refresh rate might be just a little slower than ESPN+ so there was a slight trail. Not bad at all, though. 

I’d love to hear if anyone had success using a Fire Stick, the Foxes Hub T&C says Fire Sticks aren’t supported. 

• Thanks 1

On 19/08/2023 at 23:05, KingsX said:

Do you spend any money on club merchandise or other things related to watching? I know it’s expensive for what we were used to paying and also for the quality but I think it’s equivalent to NFL red zone or whatever. 

I’m thinking of it as a merch purchase and have not bought any kits yet or anything else, and if I do I’ll get it in the sale to offset foxes hub! 

most of all, I can’t be bothered scrambling each week to figure a stream. 

47 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Do you spend any money on club merchandise or other things related to watching? I know it’s expensive for what we were used to paying and also for the quality but I think it’s equivalent to NFL red zone or whatever. 

I’m thinking of it as a merch purchase and have not bought any kits yet or anything else, and if I do I’ll get it in the sale to offset foxes hub! 

most of all, I can’t be bothered scrambling each week to figure a stream. 

I rarely buy merch any more.  Haven't bought a shirt since the years of King #10.  (It has nothing to do with that once-comfy size L starting to fit more like a sausage casing.)

My main worry was whether the product would be reliable, or frustrating.  Glad to hear technical quality is good (thanks all), so I'm going to take the leap.

My only remaining worry is whether you can go back and watch after the match.  I'm not going to be available for all 46.

I thought the streaming quality was decent. You could cast the stream to a Chromecast device / smart tv. I think in the future when I am watching on my main TV, that will be my plan. I thought the play-by-play was pretty good too, with Matty Elliot as the color commentator. 

On 23/08/2023 at 07:50, Aus Fox said:

Heading over to the states in a few weeks time, a week in LA followed by a week in Hawaii - Honolulu.

I’ll be there for the Norwich, Bristol City and Blackburn games - if they are televised, does anyone know anywhere that might show the games?

You can try calling Ye Olde Kings Head in Santa Monica or Lucky Baldwin in Pasadena. If you’re up for a trip to San Diego, the SD Foxes usually gather for games at Blue Foot Bar.  

• Like 1

Just now, gruss101 said:

are there any Foxes in North Carolina by any chance? Been based here for a few years but would be interested to know

There are some! No formal group but I know some really good LCFC folks in Asheville. Whereabouts are you?

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Any idea if anyone will be showing the Liverpool game in the States? 

It is one of the 5 ESPN+ games, so it will be available for view. If you’re looking for a viewing party in a city, I imagine options will be limited for a midweek afternoon match.

DC9E837C-8496-4057-B439-CE2D5E5F52D6.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/01/2024 at 16:32, CPepFox said:

Just discovered this part of the site! Damn, I'm a dolt! Oh well, about 60 miles SW of D.C. Hoping promotion will get some gatherings in the metro area next season! 

There is a DMV Foxes group that has had some get-togethers in recent seasons but I don't think they’ve been active this season.

https://twitter.com/DMV_Foxes

Perhaps this group will pick up again soon! There are definitely a few others in and around DC/northern VA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1