Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

Ultras-owned club FC Spartak Varna, formed in protest against a new owner of their old club (of the same name). Think a Bulgarian FC United.

Now playing in the Bulgarian fourth tier, they won their first game 2-1 after their capo (group leader) came off the bench to score an injury time winner. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff. lol

11917479_10153011812597466_5668296840290

ULTRAS THAILAND at an u19 national team game in Laos. Police intervention after pyro, scuffles break out and a cop fires a warning shot. Different world!

Get them in Top.

Ignorant policing. How is what they did any safer than 2 flares?

Like the time in Blackpool when the stewards got a fire extinguisher out for the flare there lol 

• 1 month later...

Ultras-owned club FC Spartak Varna, formed in protest against a new owner of their old club (of the same name). Think a Bulgarian FC United.

Now playing in the Bulgarian fourth tier, they won their first game 2-1 after their capo (group leader) came off the bench to score an injury time winner. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff. lol

11917479_10153011812597466_5668296840290

Love the guy in the England shirt at the bottom. Looks like a skinny kid from Blackburn who went to Sunny Beach and got lost.

• Like 1

Amazing whole stadium tifo from Dynamo Dresden. I've seen them in action before, they're fvcking headcases.

Display itself is about five minutes in, making of before that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORZFdyrIfJs

Absolutely incredible dedication. Love it.

Guarantee if you had that in England you'd have some mentals moaning they couldn't see the team come out.

Amazing whole stadium tifo from Dynamo Dresden. I've seen them in action before, they're fvcking headcases.

Display itself is about five minutes in, making of before that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORZFdyrIfJs

That is immense. The sheer scale of that. The material. The dedication.

Hugely impressed by it. Love all the singing and bouncing etc. Would love to see fan culture in this country go the same way.

KP would fall over if we all started hopping like that

And that would be the worst thing because? lol

Yes I am obviously joking. I'm finally starting to love the KP now thanks to ufs efforts. But it shows what is possible.

And If that's 3rd tier football. Shows what happens if pricing is realistic.

Edited by Bayfox

• 1 month later...

roma_carrots_1.jpg

roma_carrots_3.jpg

Roma fans, infuriated by their team's faltering form, let the players know how they feel on Tuesday by presenting them with carrots.

Around 50 supporters turned up at the Trigoria training ground with boxes of the vegetable and a banner that says "Bon Appetit Rabbits!!".

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/news/3938-roma-fans-deliver-50kg-of-carrots-to-their-players.html

• Like 1

I guess this thread is as good as any, so I went to see Eintracht Frankfurt vs  Bayer  Leverkusen a couple of weeks ago, good game Bayer bossed it winning 3-1, but I was looking forward to this German atmosphere and we were sitting right above the Ultras.

To be honest it was a bit shit, don't get me wrong they made a lot of noise a lot of the time, some bouncing up and down and a few guys at the front with Megaphones not watching the game, but there was no "atmosphere", it might as well have been piped in, because the constant noise they made had no correlation to what was happening on the pitch.

All the chants were just about Eintracht Frankfurt and there was nothing about the players, no real buzz when they attacked or chanting a players name after they scored  or did something good, or reacting to the away following or away team.

Even after they scored it was just more of the same.

Give me the clacking of 20,000 clappers after a good move and a rousing few bars of "Jamie Vardy's  Havin' a Parteh" before settling back into the game over constant noise  levels with no passion. The team never reacted to the fans either, because it was just there. 

Do others feel the same about European football crowds? Or was it just a bad example.

Edited by Captain...

I guess this thread is as good as any, so I went to see Eintracht Frankfurt vs  Bayer  Leverkusen a couple of weeks ago, good game Bayer bossed it winning 3-1, but I was looking forward to this German atmosphere and we were sitting right above the Ultras.

To be honest it was a bit shit, don't get me wrong they made a lot of noise a lot of the time, some bouncing up and down and a few guys at the front with Megaphones not watching the game, but there was no "atmosphere", it might as well have been piped in, because the constant noise they made had no correlation to what was happening on the pitch.

All the chants were just about Eintracht Frankfurt and there was nothing about the players, no real buzz when they attacked or chanting a players name after they scored  or did something good, or reacting to the away following or away team.

Even after they scored it was just more of the same.

Give me the clacking of 20,000 clappers after a good move and a rousing few bars of "Jamie Vardy's  Havin' a Parteh" before settling back into the game over constant noise  levels with no passion. The team never reacted to the fans either, because it was just there. 

Do others feel the same about European football crowds? Or was it just a bad example.

Yeah German chants are very monotonous but the Ultras won't stop singing even if the team are losing 6 nil. 

You aren't the first person I've heard say that about the European Ultras way of support either. I think it comes down to the fact that the guys chanting non stop for 90 minutes see it as them giving their all for the players and team and they expect the same back.

I have said it so many times that if we in Britain could get a big enough group of organised people together in one area of a stadium our atmospheres would be a million times better than any country in Europe as we do feed of what happens on the pitch more than our European counterparts. 

But I am shocked about you not thinking Eintracht Frankfurt were good. They have some of the best fans in Germany!

And they do the best version of this chant in the country!

Edited by AndWhat?

Yeah German chants are very monotonous but the Ultras won't stop singing even if the team are losing 6 nil. 

You aren't the first person I've heard say that about the European Ultras way of support either. I think it comes down to the fact that the guys chanting non stop for 90 minutes see it as them giving their all for the players and team and they expect the same back.

I have said it so many times that if we in Britain could get a big enough group of organised people together in one area of a stadium our atmospheres would be a million times better than any country in Europe as we do feed of what happens on the pitch more than our European counterparts. 

But I am shocked about you not thinking Eintracht Frankfurt were good. They have some of the best fans in Germany!

And they do the best version of this chant in the country!

As I said they made lots of noise, but it was all at the same level, and because it didn't feed off what was happening on the pitch, it just sort of faded into the background.

The atmosphere and the action need to be as one, if the team is playing poorly you use the atmosphere to lift them, if the team is playing well you use the atmosphere to  praise them, when something happens on the pitch the fans respond.

It was all a little to choreographed for me, and I prefer the peaks and troughs of an English crowd.

As I said they made lots of noise, but it was all at the same level, and because it didn't feed off what was happening on the pitch, it just sort of faded into the background.

The atmosphere and the action need to be as one, if the team is playing poorly you use the atmosphere to lift them, if the team is playing well you use the atmosphere to  praise them, when something happens on the pitch the fans respond.

It was all a little to choreographed for me, and I prefer the peaks and troughs of an English crowd.

I wouldn't say the peaks and troughs element is entriely absent from an Ultras-led support, but you are right to some extent. You'll still get a change in noise for corners etc, but general encouragement is far less present in my experience.

As AndWhat? says, England's unique style combined with the continental style in the lulls would make for a formidable atmosphere. Can't agree with you re the clappers (obvs, see my comments in the relvant threads) and few bars of a song though. I find it weird how people can go mental for a couple of minutes but not want to carry on buzzing off that, singing and bouncing for the rest of the half. It's when that "business as usual" attitude prevails after those periods in play where you sadly need a bit of orchestration to keep the atmosphere up.

English goal mentals tend to beat those in Germany hands down mind.

I wouldn't say the peaks and troughs element is entriely absent from an Ultras-led support, but you are right to some extent. You'll still get a change in noise for corners etc, but general encouragement is far less present in my experience.

As AndWhat? says, England's unique style combined with the continental style in the lulls would make for a formidable atmosphere. Can't agree with you re the clappers (obvs, see my comments in the relvant threads) and few bars of a song though. I find it weird how people can go mental for a couple of minutes but not want to carry on buzzing off that, singing and bouncing for the rest of the half. It's when that "business as usual" attitude prevails after those periods in play where you sadly need a bit of orchestration to keep the atmosphere up.

English goal mentals tend to beat those in Germany hands down mind.

It probably didn't help the atmosphere that Frankfurt were hopelessly outclassed and Leverkusen only brought a handful of fans, but whether it is clapper induced or not, the English atmosphere is more enjoyable IMO*, even at an away game when everyone is bouncing and chanting the whole time it relates to the game and isn't just noise, and you feed off it.

When the whole crowd comes to life at the KP it is awesome even if it is only for a few minutes it still has an effect on the team, it lifts them and the crowd, which is why things like silencing the crowd is important, and why  comebacks like that  at Villa are possible, the crowd creates momentum as well as noise. It is not a choir to provide backing music to the match.

*Except when it is shite obviously but I am forgetting what it is like to sit surrounded by silence.

Edited by Captain...

Guest CityFan 06

It probably didn't help the atmosphere that Frankfurt were hopelessly outclassed and Leverkusen only brought a handful of fans, but whether it is clapper induced or not, the English atmosphere is more enjoyable IMO*, even at an away game when everyone is bouncing and chanting the whole time it relates to the game and isn't just noise, and you feed off it.

When the whole crowd comes to life at the KP it is awesome even if it is only for a few minutes it still has an effect on the team, it lifts them and the crowd, which is why things like silencing the crowd is important, and why comebacks like that at Villa are possible, the crowd creates momentum as well as noise. It is not a choir to provide backing music to the match.

*Except when it is shite obviously but I am forgetting what it is like to sit surrounded by silence.

Those few moments where the whole of the KP was literally chanting and bouncing to Vardy's song after his goal v Man Utd, that was special. Will never forget that and what was so great about it was as the song was gaining momentum, it filtered all around the ground, and people around me started to stand up and sing along, just great that was.

It probably didn't help the atmosphere that Frankfurt were hopelessly outclassed and Leverkusen only brought a handful of fans, but whether it is clapper induced or not, the English atmosphere is more enjoyable IMO*, even at an away game when everyone is bouncing and chanting the whole time it relates to the game and isn't just noise, and you feed off it.

When the whole crowd comes to life at the KP it is awesome even if it is only for a few minutes it still has an effect on the team, it lifts them and the crowd, which is why things like silencing the crowd is important, and why  comebacks like that  at Villa are possible, the crowd creates momentum as well as noise. It is not a choir to provide backing music to the match.

I think you are forgetting what it's like in most grounds around the country. 

At the minute there's only a few atmosphere's in Europe I would swap ours with, but the majority of grounds in England are embarrassingly quiet.

Schalke last night against Hannover

Amazing

Banner on the left of a family watching the tv on the right of Schalke history. The video was projected across the stadium onto a homemade banner made to look like a tv. All while the lights in the entire stadium are off and as 4 massive surfers are raised onto the main terrace as they get lit up.

Edited by AndWhat?