Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

It probably didn't help the atmosphere that Frankfurt were hopelessly outclassed and Leverkusen only brought a handful of fans, but whether it is clapper induced or not, the English atmosphere is more enjoyable IMO*, even at an away game when everyone is bouncing and chanting the whole time it relates to the game and isn't just noise, and you feed off it.

When the whole crowd comes to life at the KP it is awesome even if it is only for a few minutes it still has an effect on the team, it lifts them and the crowd, which is why things like silencing the crowd is important, and why comebacks like that at Villa are possible, the crowd creates momentum as well as noise. It is not a choir to provide backing music to the match.

*Except when it is shite obviously but I am forgetting what it is like to sit surrounded by silence.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I imagine not knowing any of the chants and sitting outside the main section doesn't help - you don't get a full experience of the atmosphere.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I imagine not knowing any of the chants and sitting outside the main section doesn't help - you don't get a full experience of the atmosphere.

Consider yourself forgiven, we were sitting very close to the Ultras, and pretty much every chant was a variation on Eintract Frankfurt.

I don't need to know the chants to feel the buzz of a crowd getting behind the team and just roaring them on, and I didn't at any point feel the crowd were supporting the team just making choreographed noise.

Consider yourself forgiven, we were sitting very close to the Ultras, and pretty much every chant was a variation on Eintract Frankfurt.

I don't need to know the chants to feel the buzz of a crowd getting behind the team and just roaring them on, and I didn't at any point feel the crowd were supporting the team just making choreographed noise.

Choreographed noise lol what do you think a clapper is?

Choreographed noise lol what do you think a clapper is?

Clappers are artificial noise, there is a difference, the clappers whilst they may be artificial react to what is happening on the pitch, it is not a choreographed clap a long, apart from when Uptown Funk  comes on. 

The reason why I wasn't impressed by the atmosphere at Frankfurt was the complete disconnect between what was happening on the pitch and in the stands, and the people choreographing it were not even watching the game. There was barely any recognition when they scored, they didn't even stop their chant to celebrate. They genuinely seemed more interested in chanting than watching the game.

Clappers are artificial noise, there is a difference, the clappers whilst they may be artificial react to what is happening on the pitch, it is not a choreographed clap a long, apart from when Uptown Funk comes on.

The reason why I wasn't impressed by the atmosphere at Frankfurt was the complete disconnect between what was happening on the pitch and in the stands, and the people choreographing it were not even watching the game. There was barely any recognition when they scored, they didn't even stop their chant to celebrate. They genuinely seemed more interested in chanting than watching the game.

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with it, but I'm going to watch a football game not a concert, I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, nor that I hated it, or it spoilt the game, but I just ended up phasing it out as it was just constant background noise.

I much prefer the atmosphere at the KP, where the crowd reacts to the team, and the team reacts to the crowd. The roar and buzz that goes up when we launch an attack is phenomenal, it isn't a chant, it isn't choreographed, it isn't artificial, it is the sound of thousands of people willing their team on to score. That is better than any songbook, TIFO, choreo, chant, clapper or drum it is buzz that adds to the excitement of watching football and that was very noticeable by its absence in Frankfurt.

Nothing is wrong with it, but I'm going to watch a football game not a concert, I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, nor that I hated it, or it spoilt the game, but I just ended up phasing it out as it was just constant background noise.

I much prefer the atmosphere at the KP, where the crowd reacts to the team, and the team reacts to the crowd. The roar and buzz that goes up when we launch an attack is phenomenal, it isn't a chant, it isn't choreographed, it isn't artificial, it is the sound of thousands of people willing their team on to score. That is better than any songbook, TIFO, choreo, chant, clapper or drum it is buzz that adds to the excitement of watching football and that was very noticeable by its absence in Frankfurt.

Fair play to you mate, seriously. If that's what you enjoy who am I to say you're wrong. I'm the complete opposite i guess.

Fair play to you mate, seriously. If that's what you enjoy who am I to say you're wrong. I'm the complete opposite i guess.

Likewise, we're all different and enjoy different things, all I know is I am loving the atmosphere at the KP at the moment, best in the world!

Fair play to Alan Pardew for joing the holmesdale fanatics in the pub after the game.

Although I wonder if he would have gone if they had lost.

Probably not, but still, fair play.

The relationship between Pardew and Palace fans is really something. I wouldn't imagine Pardew is held in high esteem by too many other fans, but he's a legend over there. Palace fans seem a happier bunch with Pardew in charge and there's a positive atmosphere all around.