Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

and he supports Leicester and he is from Quorn, but still why should we be looking at that. come sept 1st i think connolly will be a lcfc player, if not i will be highly shocked if a prem club come in for him. as good as he is, he is still un proven up there.

Personally I wouldn't sell until January window at the earliest unless I got excellent money (I suppose £3m although I think he's worth more and that it will virtually impossible for us to replace him).

I would also have to have my newcomer guaranteed which is singularly unlikely unless CL's been working on it already.

By January we would know if we'd got a realistic promotion chance.

and he supports Leicester and he is from Quorn, but still why should we be looking at that. come sept 1st i think connolly will be a lcfc player, if not i will be highly shocked if a prem club come in for him. as good as he is, he is still un proven up there.

160381[/snapback]

What I'd like to know about Luke Varney is how come he's ended up at Crewe instead of Leicester in the first place even though I know Dario Grady has good connections with the Loughborough area?.

What I'd like to know about Luke Varney is how come he's ended up at Crewe instead of  Leicester in the first place even though I know Dario Grady has good connections with the Loughborough area?.

160407[/snapback]

Probably the best thing for his career. With our record of bringing through young talent over the last few years, he could do far worse than playing under Dario Gradi.

Cheers for the info Louise. Glad to hear Connolly's contract runs till 2007. Still think the club would accept £1.5 mill for Connolly.

its too late to replace Connolly if he does go and it would be hard to find a replacement who will be as good. We wont be able to attract the same calibre of player. Therefore, we wouldnt gain anything out of selling him! In the short term, we might make a bit of money and ease debts but in the long term we wont score goals which means we wont win games and therfore, wont do well in the league. We could see ourselves on a downward spiral. However, at the same time im trying to say that we shouldnt rely on one player and we need a whole team to score goals. But i think that it will be a bad decision if we were to sell him.

If they offered £1.5 million we would have to accept.

We brought him for less that a third of that price and his contract is up in the summer. In terms of a business decision it would be a no brainer.

However, strikers who score goals are hard to come buy. It would make me extremely nervous if we had to go out and sign a replacement. Although fro 1.5million we COULD get two players of the same quality. Whether we would or not is another question.

if he did go, i am sure CL will know exactly where to look first for a replacement.

didnt MB at one time say CL was looking at a striker abroad? im sure there are plenty of talented strikers abroad we could nick for the money we get for conners

We brought him for less that a third of that price and his contract is up in the summer. In terms of a business decision it would be a no brainer.

However, strikers who score goals are hard to come buy. It would make me extremely nervous if we had to go out and sign a replacement. Although fro 1.5million we COULD get two players of the same quality. Whether we would or not is another question.

160467[/snapback]

It isn't, it is up in 2007.

However, I cannot see Wigan coming in for Connolly.  He is, after all, unproven  at the top level.

On another note, if Connolly was to go, I don't think Luke Varney would be a bad buy.  He looked a good player for Crewe yesterday.

160378[/snapback]

Ellington is unproven, but he cost 3mill.

Agreed, Luke is certainly quick, has a good shot, he would be usefull, but would he be first choice? He is at crewe, and players like that, hes learning well with dario.

160467[/snapback]

You get the most possible, not what you think hes worth :blink:

I swear I heard dozens of people on here slagging Connolly off last season, all of a sudden he does well in a few games and he's god ;)  :P  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:  :thumbup:  :wave:  :whistle:

160558[/snapback]

Hes been atleast half decent for 3 years or more.

3/4 years ago, he scored 44 goals for wimbledon over 2 seasons, thats bloody good. Then he scored 14 goals for west ham (playing mainly as a winger), then he scored 13 for us with little service last season, now hes scored 4 in 3 games.

Thast a damn good record.

Hes been atleast half decent for 3 years or more.

3/4 years ago, he scored 44 goals for wimbledon over 2 seasons, thats bloody good. Then he scored 14 goals for west ham (playing mainly as a winger), then he scored 13 for us with little service last season, now hes scored 4 in 3 games.

Thast a damn good record.

160599[/snapback]

Tis an awesome record!

Personally i cant see Wigan making an offer for him when he is unproven at that level, let's hope he stays!!

i admit, last season i was anti-connolly, i thought he was greedy and stuff, he probably still is, but the difference is, he is actually scoring, so i would eat my hat, but i didn't say i would, so i won't.

160606[/snapback]

lollol

Thank the lord Freund's back!

Archived