Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

Connolly for Wigan?

end of the day, we don't need 1.5mill, it's too late to get a good replacement, we can safely say goodbye to a decent league finish if he goes. On the other hand, connolly might have said he wants to go play in the premiership, we can't stop him

Connolly's goals could potentially be worth £30m if he fires us to promotion...

If i was Levein i'd move heaven and earth to keep him, he's the best foward we've had at this club for some while in my opinion, and that includes players such as Dickov, Ferdinand etc

Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 August 2005, 10:56 GMT 11:56 UK

E-mail this to a friend  Printable version

Norwich boss vows to keep Ashton

Norwich City striker Dean Ashton

Ashton refutes transfer talk

Saints re-enter Morrison race

Norwich City manager Nigel Worthington has repeated his determination to keep striker Dean Ashton.

Manchester City and West Ham are the latest to be linked with Ashton, 21, who has been the subject of constant speculation since their relegation.

Worthington insisted: "The player is not for sale. In fact I'm looking to add to the squad, not replace people.

"There have been no offers for Dean and even if there were any, I would turn them down. The player is staying here."

Speculation over Ashton's future at Carrow Road was heightened by Norwich's £2m bid for Birmingham striker Clinton Morrison.

But Worthington insisted his interest in Morrison was not a signal that he was prepared to sell Ashton.

The Canaries boss said: "You can never have enough good strikers, any team that has been successful will have five or six strikers on their books."

Norwich are ready to slap a £10m price tag on the former Crewe striker in an attempt to scare off potential bids.

Come on Levein, let's have some of that, please? :(:(:(:(:(

GTfox - Hi Soho, I can confirm the PA is reporting this as a 'done deal'....the good news is that City are rumoured to have agreed a deal for Riordan (Cardiff are now signing Kris Boyd) plus another player rumoured to a young Scandanavian striker.

Riordan would soften the blow but i really hope he stays.

I'm pretty sure GTfox said Connolly to Sunderland was a done deal a few weeks ago though, so i'm not sure if it will go through.

Cause he had a release clause. Wonder how many times that questions going to be asked again.

161486[/snapback]

Apologies. I obviously haven't followed the whole thread.

Still surprised Wigan didn't offer him a new contract when WBA cam sniffing. Out of a choice between Wigan or WBA, Wigan would surely win.

Archived