Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

Well atleast we can trust our government to stand up for whats rigt!

Where are rest of the Muslim bredrens, why aren't ISIS etc comming to help there Muslim brothers?

Because ISIS are more concerned with overthrowing the iraqi and syrian governments to establish their own caliphate. Fighting a war on 3 fronts is a pretty big ask, not least for a small band of insurgents.

Ron Paul talking sense on the intro. Israel created HAMAS and obviously still has double agents in there - that's just how these things work. HAMAS's charter plays right into Israel's hand.

Well he is hardly going to say they are in the wrong, it is a war zone there are always civilian casualties in war, it is one of the reasons why war is bad.

Interesting that Egypt closed their border with Palestine, but they've not been lobbing rockets over that way.

Egypt have been in Israel's and the US's pocket for years.

Where are rest of the Muslim bredrens, why aren't ISIS etc comming to help there Muslim brothers?

ISIS are the creation of Israel, Qatar, US, Saudi and whoever else funded, trained and armed the terrorists in Syria and Libya. Even if some of ISIS wanted to go to Israel right now they've got no chance. Any decent Muslims who went to fight with ISIS would soon wish they hadn't when they realise what the leaders are like. All they're doing is creating a situation that will lead to Israel being 'in mortal danger', which will result in a hellish war. That is the reason that the regimes I mentioned are funding and sending these terrorists into the secular countries that surround Israel such as Syria - to create a hostile enemy which will fulfil the prophecy and end with Israel vastly expanding it's territory and taking over from the US as the worlds leading state. HARK!

I had an argument in a kebab shop in Burton one night about a poster they had up wanting donations for Syrian 'rebels'. They didn't seem to have a clue and it's such a shame that they've been led to believe that what the rebels are doing is a good thing for their religion.

Ron Paul talking sense? I think not - hamas were an offshoot of the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt, not israeli.

As for Egypt being in their pocket - depends how you define in their pocket: I wouldn't say signing a peace treaty that allows Egypt to plant it's military right on the border with Israel to being israel/the us's puppet

#HitlerWasRight and #HitlerDidNothingWrong are trending on Twitter. There really are no words.

People writing about "Zionists" in this thread and what appears to be a creeping acceptance of antisemitism in general depress the hell out of me.

I say this as an atheist with no Jewish heritage.

To hate on all Jewish people because of Israel's actions in Palestinian territory is just as stupid as saying all Palestinian civilians in Gaza somehow had it coming because of what Hamas does and says.

Human beings can be crap, sometimes.

:(

People writing about "Zionists" in this thread and what appears to be a creeping acceptance of antisemitism in general depress the hell out of me.

To hate on all Jewish people because of Israel's actions in Palestinian territory is just as stupid as saying all Palestinian civilians in Gaza somehow had it coming because of what Hamas does and says.

most of the time

I think we as a society have taken our eyes off the ball and become complacent with regard to antisemitism. For years now, we've naively thought of it as a fringe prejudice made utterly taboo by the Holocaust and Nazism.

We don't tackle anti-Jewish prejudice when legitimate criticism of Israel spills over into something more ugly. There is not as much coverage of anti-Semitic incidents as there is of Islamophobic ones. There was widespread anti-semitic rioting in Paris last week, anti-Semitic incidents are through the roof in the UK and a bus full of Jewish primary school children was boarded by men making threats in Australia. These have attracted patchy coverage, and many of the comments on social media blame not the bigots but Israel. Quite how the actions of a Middle East state justify looting of Jewish stores in a European city or death threats against five-year-olds in Brisbane is left unexplained.

What's most worrying, for me at least, is that this prejudice isn't confined to the usual suspects. At least the hatred of black, Asian and Eastern European people is mostly on the far-right. Anti-Semitism seems to have become acceptable to the far-right, elements of the left and a worrying number of misguided Muslims. Even if it isn't espoused by the left, it's either at best ignored or at worst excused. If people hate Jews, it's not racism you see. It's just misguided anger at the actions of Israel. If only the EDL had thought of that, they could blame ISIS and Saudi oppression of women next time they firebomb a mosque. That's not to mention the boycotts of Israel which all too often appear to be boycotts of businesses perceived to be Jewish, such as M&S and Tesco, rather than a legitimate boycott of companies using exploitative third world labour.

It's a trend that does need to be arrested. There is much to criticise Israel for, quite legitimately. It uses disproportionate force in battle, has brutally blockaded the Gazans into desperation, protects illegal settlements in the West Bank and is dangerously close to apartheid in places. These are legitimate concerns that shouldn't be silenced. The issue comes when Israel is accused of genocide and Nazism, patently offensive given Israel's roots, is accused of controlling the entire Western world as though the Protocols of Zion were never discredited and the right for a Jewish state to exist is questioned. These are criticisms that no other state in the world, among them far more oppressive and brutal regimes, has to face.

Worse still, it impacts upon innocent Jews who have never so much as set foot on Israeli soil and are deeply divided as to whether they support or oppose its actions.

Don't confuse Zionists with Jews. All Zionists are Jews but not all Jews are Zionists. The fact that my uncle was bombed and shot at by Zionists does not make me anti-Semitic, rather anti-Zionist.

As long as I'm allowed to criticise Israel without being called anti-Semitic. You could turn the argument on it's head and say Judaism doesn't have so many critics as Islam.

As I said, there is much to criticise Israel for, entirely legitimately. The apartheid analogy is not completely without merit, it behaves disproportionately when provoked, has subjected Gaza to a brutal blockade and the Law of Return for Jews wishing to emigrate to Israel is discriminatory. It is not antisemitic to criticise Israel for any of these things.

When, however, this turns to espousing doctrines of Israel's purported global control, saying that Hitler had a point with the Jews, expressing solidarity with virulently antisemitic organisations such as Hamas and Hezbollah and denying the Jews' right to a homeland, then it goes beyond the pale. 

Israel should not be immune from criticism just because it is a Jewish state; but by the same token, it should not be subjected to added criticism just because it is a Jewish state.

Don't confuse Zionists with Jews. All Zionists are Jews but not all Jews are Zionists. The fact that my uncle was bombed and shot at by Zionists does not make me anti-Semitic, rather anti-Zionist.

:nono:

Zionism is criticised by many Jews, particularly Neturei Karta, precisely because it is, at its heart, a secular movement. While it sets out to create a Jewish homeland, among its most powerful believers have always been the Christian Right. This is where Zionism derives a great deal of its political power in the US, with many Christians believing that the return of the Jews to the Holy Land is a fulfilment of scripture and therefore essential to any future second coming of Christ. 

While Christian Zionism isn't much of a force in the UK, and support for Israel is based mainly along political rather than theological grounds, it is enormous in the US. Republicans will always be broadly Zionist so as to maintain the support of evangelicals and fundamentalist Christians, and the same can be said to a lesser extent for the Democrats. So Zionism's power in the US does come from religious lobby groups, but not necessarily the lobby group you might expect. 

But they don't care enough to do anything about it. Why do you?

Because its easy to judge these peoples by our 'civilised' western standards and beliefs, we expect them to think like us and behave like us and when they do not we get all huffy and want to get involved and have our two'penneth. Despite the fact that Israel became a nation in 1948, the origins of this little spat has a slightly longer history. If they have not got on for thousands of years I don't have a lot of faith in the current efforts bearing fruit.

Archived