Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IOWFOX

Well atleast we can trust our government to stand up for whats rigt!

Just be careful a stray rock doesn't go through their greenhouse window, or they'll be internationally justified to napalm your entire plot, killing your kids, missus, pets and ****ing up your house.

Balanced and reasoned response that. Even large Al thinks so.

Not really. Going to war with a country because that country is determined to kill every one of your citizens because you're on a plot of land they want is a fair response; and then I don't see that just because one side is winning the war they should be the villains. By that notion, we were the villains in both world wars.

Not really. Going to war with a country because that country is determined to kill every one of your citizens because you're on a plot of land they want is a fair response; and then I don't see that just because one side is winning the war they should be the villains. By that notion, we were the villains in both world wars.

So much of this is completely stupid. How do you go from being so clever and insightful in science to abjectly stupid on history and politics?

Are you a closet zionist or are you just taking your Islam-focused religious skepticism (fairly well justified as it is) and evolving it in to a new found prejudice?

So much of this is completely stupid. How do you go from being so clever and insightful in science to abjectly stupid on history and politics?

Are you a closet zionist or are you just taking your Islam-focused religious skepticism (fairly well justified as it is) and evolving it in to a new found prejudice?

Neither - I'm simply not inclined to defend an organisation for a second that comes out with shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7WAoczRV_k

and tells children then should beat up their neighbour for being jewish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Q8K5TmivM

Let's be honest, if someone like the BNP were saying we should kill all the Polish because they're aliens, and that kids should beat up people for being Polish, and should grow up to want to shoot the Poles, everyone would rightly be outraged. Why then do people just bat their eyes at hamas calling for the same treatment of the jews?

But I don't think the majority of people condemning Israel are endorsing Hamas.

And only last week you were trying to justify the formation of Israel as the Jew's spiritual homeland and denouncing Arab Muslim claims to it as theirs (where they've lived for over a thousand years.)

You go a bit beyond being vocally anti extremism here.

And only last week you were trying to justify the formation of Israel as the Jew's spiritual homeland and denouncing Arab Muslim claims to it as theirs (where they've lived for over a thousand years.)

This is exactly it.

People aren't saying Hamas are right. I'm sure that Hamas will get it's deserved time on trial and get it's commupance, but the first thing that needs to happen, is for Israel to have a huge word with themselves because it's pretty ****ing serious now.

It's like Mike Tyson beating up a little girl, in terms of arsenal and strength.

This is exactly it.

People aren't saying Hamas are right. I'm sure that Hamas will get it's deserved time on trial and get it's commupance, but the first thing that needs to happen, is for Israel to have a huge word with themselves because it's pretty ****ing serious now.

It's like Mike Tyson beating up a little girl, in terms of arsenal and strength.

Why is Palestine a little girl? A little girl is defenceless and below the age of responsibility, you shouldn't hit a little girl, this is the bullshit rhetoric that gets my goat

If Israel, is Mike Tyson, then Palestine is a light-middleweight, not a little girl, they have a combined population of over 3million, and a state controlled military which is armed and willing to fight. So lets say Palestine is also armed with a six shooter. Israel is Tyson in Kevlar with twin Uzis.

A fair analogy?

So in this scenario, and you are Tyson, if some smaller weaker and worse armed starts shooting at you, even if the Kevlar is stopping most of the bullets, would you fight back?

Course you would.

All these analogies are pretty pointless when people are scraping up their relatives with a shovel.

Agreed, but calling Palestine a little girl being bullied absolves Hamas of any responsibility for the bodies being scraped up with a shovel.

Why is Palestine a little girl? A little girl is defenceless and below the age of responsibility, you shouldn't hit a little girl, this is the bullshit rhetoric that gets my goat

If Israel, is Mike Tyson, then Palestine is a light-middleweight, not a little girl, they have a combined population of over 3million, and a state controlled military which is armed and willing to fight. So lets say Palestine is also armed with a six shooter. Israel is Tyson in Kevlar with twin Uzis.

A fair analogy?

So in this scenario, and you are Tyson, if some smaller weaker and worse armed starts shooting at you, even if the Kevlar is stopping most of the bullets, would you fight back?

Course you would.

Jesus, don't take it so literally, it clearly wasn't meant as an honest comparison, It was merely to highlight the fact that Israel have far more benefits and power than Palestine at this moment in time. Neither am I absolving anyone from what's going on there. I haven't said anything like that. Both are being ridiculous and both are being complete d1cks. 

As said above though, they count for nothing really in the grand scheme of things.

Tyson in Kevlar with twin uzis though. lol. You really put some thought in to it.

I'm not. ;)

On top of that, I think there's a growing sense of powerlessness amongst politically attuned civilians in the Western world. It's just so abundantly clear that we have absolutely no influence over the government and media when it comes to these situations. We're fully aware of what's going on and there's next to nothing we can do about it, and that against a backdrop of the continued onslaught on our civil liberties and privacy scandals is an extremely bitter pill to swallow.

Ain't that the God damned truth.

Got to pop out but will have to read this thread later, already noticed a couple of plums on page 1.

I wouldn't say that - he believes that algal or primeval slime can morph into Kevin Keegan for crying out loud! That's after it has already morphed into numerous other creatures beforehand.

He's living in the 1800's when it comes to biology.

Jesus, don't take it so literally, it clearly wasn't meant as an honest comparison, It was merely to highlight the fact that Israel have far more benefits and power than Palestine at this moment in time. Neither am I absolving anyone from what's going on there. I haven't said anything like that. Both are being ridiculous and both are being complete d1cks. 

As said above though, they count for nothing really in the grand scheme of things.

Tyson in Kevlar with twin uzis though. lol. You really put some thought in to it.

But this is the whole problem, they are both being dicks, but Palestine is being portrayed as the innocent little victims and that is exactly what they want and the only way they can ever win this war is by getting outside help and international condemnation of Israel.

It is, much like the Syrian civil war became, a propaganda war where the winners will be decided by international intervention. This is why Hamas are happy to let their people die as it helps in the propaganda war, much like Syrian rebels firing on their own civilians dressed as the Syrian military (if actually true). If Hamas cared about the safety of their citizens they would stop launching ineffectual rockets over the border from civilian locations that get intercepted 99% of the time, and achieve nothing more than to poke the Tiger and get a retaliation, which is always heavy handed and over the top and leads to civilian casualties. 

Basically Israel are dicks, but Hamas are assholes. 

All these analogies are pretty pointless when people are scraping up their relatives with a shovel.

But they don't care enough to do anything about it. Why do you?

I wouldn't say that - he believes that algal or primeval slime can morph into Kevin Keegan for crying out loud! That's after it has already morphed into numerous other creatures beforehand.

He's living in the 1800's when it comes to biology.

If we're trying to make people sound stupid, is that any more ridiculous than saying that a bearded tyrant got bored one day, did some magic and created everything, alongside a load of fake evidence to trick people who actually bothered to look at the world around us.

As it is, yes, I accept evolution and consider abiogenesis to be the best explanation for how those cells arose in the first place - because that's what the evidence points towards.

lol  lol - if I'm stuck in the 1800s, where are you? Before or during the building of the pyramids?

A fair analogy?

Course you would.

Before or after he got a taste for human flesh?

0200711134400.jpg  bodybuilder-Sagi-Kalev-boki.jpg

The bloke on the left is Pete, the bloke on the right is Ian.

Pete tends to get bullied a lot by Ian. Ian has a lot of powerful friends though, so Pete's mates tend not to get too involved. They will buy Pete pints, packets of crisps and other stuff when he goes to the Turk's Head. They will also give him advice, stuff like 'Don't piss Ian off. You'll only come off second best like always.'

Pete though, is not a great listener. He has a short temper. When Ian comes over and nicks his crisps, takes the piss out of him and generally acts the tit, Pete will throw peanuts at him. Pete's mates egg him on, and Pete carries on throwing peanuts. Pete's mates call Ian a cvnt. Ian's mates calls Pete and his mates a bunch of shit stirring cvnts and warn them they're going to get slapped. One night, Ian brings his family to the pub and Pete and his family start throwing crisps at them. Ian tells them to fvck off.

Pete and his kids ignore them and carry on. Ian walks over to them and warns them, one last time, to stop. Pete carries on. With this, Ian loses his rag and cracks Pete round the head with a bar stool. Pete's mates go apeshit. They say, 'for fvck's sake Ian! He was only throwing crisps and peanuts at you.' Ian replies that it's been going on for ages and he did warn Pete that he was going to snap. Pete's mates mention that Ian has been being a bit of a cvnt to him, to which Ian retorts that Pete and his mates have been slagging him off and were asking for it. They agree to disagree, as long as they leave each other alone so their respective families can leave the pub without getting into any bother. 

Pete agrees to this, but chucks a bag of KP Nuts at Ian's wife's head as soon as her back is turned. Ian turns around and beats the living shit out of Pete, who tries to stop himself getting a beating by hiding behind his wife and kids, who also get a kicking in the melee.

Whose fault is that Pete's wife and kids get slapped? 

Yes, I've had some beer.

Well he is hardly going to say they are in the wrong, it is a war zone there are always civilian casualties in war, it is one of the reasons why war is bad.

Interesting that Egypt closed their border with Palestine, but they've not been lobbing rockets over that way.

Well he is hardly going to say they are in the wrong, it is a war zone there are always civilian casualties in war, it is one of the reasons why war is bad.

Interesting that Egypt closed their border with Palestine, but they've not been lobbing rockets over that way.

Where are rest of the Muslim bredrens, why aren't ISIS etc comming to help there Muslim brothers?

Archived