Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Narborough Road appreciation thread

I guess with there being more dedicated student accommodation these days less of them move to places like the narb, leaving it open to being overran by poor immigrants and the consequent improvements in ssocial harmony and exciting cultural developments that make this such a great nation.

If the 'foreigners' didn't move in...it would be like Woodgate where you have handful of businesses, pubs have closed, offices have closed, factories knocked down. Not that pretty.

Still don't think it's all that bad down towards Brauny Gate.

Until you've been a fair few places in this country, you realise Leicester is a decent city.

The "foreigners" (as per kingfox) are the best bit about it. I love a good Polish shop. Good sausages (behave), tidy cheap beers, boxed foods I've never heard of that makes Aldi look dull!

Never had a single bit of grief from any eastern European down Narborough Road, or Asian or anything else. Only people I ever got shit from were white British chavs, frankly. It certainly isn't the Polish or Indians beating the shit out of each other and everyone else in Oasis and Lost!

Seriously, sod UKIP, give me a hundred Romanian arrivals over one more kingfox, bringing the area down.

I think the influx of foreigners happened longer than 5 years ago lol

It's picked up considerably in the last 5 years, I think it's the fact you can't leave your house without passing one now, which pisses me off. The fact they walk around drinking and nobody does anything about it is annoying as well, if British citizens do that, Police pull you up in an instant. 

And Aylestone Meadows, you should see the state that's in, because of them, fires going every night, and litter sprawled everywhere.

If you don't agree then fair enough, but I know how angry some of these Aylestone dog walking regulars are getting.

The "foreigners" (as per kingfox) are the best bit about it.

Shaftesbury Road end used to be decent, until the influx came and spoilt it.

You know it's shit when Fame Fashions is still going strong.

It's picked up considerably in the last 5 years, I think it's the fact you can't leave your house without passing one now, which pisses me off. The fact they walk around drinking and nobody does anything about it is annoying as well, if British citizens do that, Police pull you up in an instant.

And Aylestone Meadows, you should see the state that's in, because of them, fires going every night, and litter sprawled everywhere.

If you don't agree then fair enough, but I know how angry some of these Aylestone dog walking regulars are getting.

Shaftesbury Road end used to be decent, until the influx came and spoilt it.

You know it's shit when Fame Fashions is still going strong.

You are an odious little cretin.

You are an odious little cretin.

Why for stating what some of the Aylestone community think?

Some people are really hating it, I don't hate it, but I'm not particularly a fan.

For people on this forum who live in that area, they will know what a state Aylestone Meadows is becoming recently.  

You mean you tried to drink in public once (or rather you found a discarded WKD bottle and filled it with Panda Pops) and were questioned by a man in a high viz jacket.

If you ever have a wander round town you're guaranteed to see an English tramp or several wandering around with a Skol Super in hand and no one bats an eyelid.

And no you can't walk around without passing a foreigner. There's very few places in the world where this is the case. If you have a problem with it why not write to the council? Or start you own community on a desert island?

You mean you tried to drink in public once (or rather you found a discarded WKD bottle and filled it with Panda Pops) and were questioned by a man in a high viz jacket.

If you ever have a wander round town you're guaranteed to see an English tramp or several wandering around with a Skol Super in hand and no one bats an eyelid.

And no you can't walk around without passing a foreigner. There's very few places in the world where this is the case. If you have a problem with it why not write to the council? Or start you own community on a desert island?

Firstly it wasn't Panda Pops, it was Fruit Shoot.

Secondly this thread is about Narbrough Road, not town.

Thirdly I'm only saying what other people think in the area, if that's so wrong then file your own complaint. 

Why for stating what some of the Aylestone community think?

Some people are really hating it, I don't hate it, but I'm not particularly a fan.

For people on this forum who live in that area, they will know what a state Aylestone Meadows is becoming recently.  

Stop your bitching, kingfox, get out there, suck it up and deal with it!

6d1d50f0-9b95-4db9-b34c-b01385c6a3ef_zps

Stop your bitching, kingfox, get out there, suck it up and deal with it!

lol I'll give you that one.

However not going anywhere near those horses, some guy got kicked by one last week and it bust his leg.

Narborough Road is a horrible place only just edging out Melton Road as one if the biggest dumps in leicester.

??!..melton Rd as dumpy as Narb...come on lad whats your REAL issue here...lol!!!

it aint no covent garden granted...but come on..narbo rd???...Its the main throughfare into our great city...even 3rd world countries would be ashamed!"!

Archived