Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

U21s / Development Squad 2014-15

BASED PHUBE

GOAL! City 3-1 Tottenham (McCourt pen 90) James Pearson is brought down in the area and Jak McCourt dispatches the spot-kick. [/size]#lcfcu21s

wtf was Pearson doing in the box

lol wow I'm almost psychic!

BTW what is 'based'?

Some well worked plays there, DD read that break away perfectly - starting out in our box behind 4 Spurs players, and outsmarted them all, very good.

As I stated above, the Spurs team was mostly made up of U18s, their Dev squad is usually very good.

This win puts us 3rd in the table, 3 points behind Manchester United with a game in hand - can we do it?

We're also playing Everton in the Dev Squad International Cup QF, if we win we'll have either of Chelsea, Man City, Celtic, Porto, or Bilbao - date still hasn't been set, we're actually behind schedule, the SFs are supposed to be in March.

Some well worked plays there, DD read that break away perfectly - starting out in our box behind 4 Spurs players, and outsmarted them all, very good.

As I stated above, the Spurs team was mostly made up of U18s, their Dev squad is usually very good.

This win puts us 3rd in the table, 3 points behind Manchester United with a game in hand - can we do it?

We're also playing Everton in the Dev Squad International Cup QF, if we win we'll have either of Chelsea, Man City, Celtic, Porto, or Bilbao - date still hasn't been set, we're actually behind schedule, the SFs are supposed to be in March.

I can't believe our academy is on par with those names...

I can't believe our academy is on par with those names...

We've already beat Chelsea, Manchester City, and i'm sure we can compete vs Celtic / Porto / Bilbao

It does make you wonder whether some of our Dev Squad are potential superstars, or just playing very poor Dev Squads of really good teams. If we're beating Man C / Chelsea, something's not right.

Great to see the squad playing well though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31920501

Calculating 'our own'.

Players out on loan.

From our Youth Academy > Premier League games

3 - Moore / Schlupp / King

One Club Players from Youth (no loan)

1 - Andy King

Not sure if you can search it but supposedly we have just about the most amount of Ex Academy boys playing "professional" football ( guess that includes Conference and just below ? )

We are getting lads through but not quite to the required level to play in our first team it seems

Not sure if you can search it but supposedly we have just about the most amount of Ex Academy boys playing "professional" football ( guess that includes Conference and just below ? )

We are getting lads through but not quite to the required level to play in our first team it seems

Don't think i'll want to trawl through the archives finding where players like Ashley Chambers ended up (Dagenham & Redbridge)

Conference doesn't really count as professional football - i'd say Conference Premiere could be considered professional.

It would be worth finding out of this is true though, would kind of make us as one of 'the most likely academy to make it as a professional footballer'. Could attract better players because of it. 

-

I think our academy coaches / directors deserve some huge credit (Along with investment from the owners and Nigel's stance on building the U21 team)  for getting that Category One status in 2013, and maintaining a competitive U21 and U18 squad - think it's something we should all as Leicester City fans be proud of having.

His defending was off because Brandon fox wS playing left back and was off the pitch injured at the time of there goal so doodoo should of been filling in, he hasnt got the attributes needed to defend them situations.

Thanks, wasn't clear from the highlights! He is definitely a forward, that's for sure. Probably could play of the left of a 433 well. Not sure how good his finishing is to play in the middle and seems to have been pushed out wide this season.

Thanks, wasn't clear from the highlights! He is definitely a forward, that's for sure. Probably could play of the left of a 433 well. Not sure how good his finishing is to play in the middle and seems to have been pushed out wide this season.

Fox is still only 17! Dodoo I think has a chance like Hopper to enter the 1st team in pre-season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31920501

Calculating 'our own'.

Players out on loan.

From our Youth Academy > Premier League games

3 - Moore / Schlupp / King

One Club Players from Youth (no loan)

1 - Andy King

Maybe we're beating these teams because the core of Chelsea etc are out on loan at L1/Championship clubs. If Chelsea U21s had Chalobah, Todd  Kane, Bamford, Lewis Baker, McEcharan in their side instead of out on loan they'd most likely beat us comfortably. So although we are doing well in the Youth Cup and that European League it doesn't tell the whole story.

Still well done to the academy, we're certainly moving in the right direction

Maybe we're beating these teams because the core of Chelsea etc are out on loan at L1/Championship clubs. If Chelsea U21s had Chalobah, Todd  Kane, Bamford, Lewis Baker, McEcharan in their side instead of out on loan they'd most likely beat us comfortably. So although we are doing well in the Youth Cup and that European League it doesn't tell the whole story.

Still well done to the academy, we're certainly moving in the right direction

Yeah I can agree with this.

Brandon fox was stretchered off with what looked like a bad leg injury, so hope he recovers well. Out of the players on show on Monday I think big stank up top has a chance of being a very good player, always seems to make the right decision. Was impressed with keiran Kennedy at CB also, makes a hell of a lot of interceptions

Archived