Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GingerrrFox

Ched Evans Wins Appeal But Faces Retrial

There are a number of rumours circulating (I did say rumours) that she has made previous allegations against a rugby player and another sportsman. She also posted on twitter in the run up to the trial that she would buy her friend a mini cooper and take them all on holiday when she "won big". I'm not saying that makes him innocent but really doesn't paint her in a good light either.

There are a number of rumours circulating (I did say rumours) that she has made previous allegations against a rugby player and another sportsman. She also posted on twitter in the run up to the trial that she would buy her friend a mini cooper and take them all on holiday when she "won big". I'm not saying that makes him innocent but really doesn't paint her in a good light either.

But her being a complete chav (cmon, have you been to Wales?) doesn't make him innocent, as you say.

Personally, I find it more shocking how many people want to completely ignore a thorough criminal hearing and assume a young rape victim is just some slag that prosecuted maliciously.

Ordinarily, I'd agree but something in this case doesn't sit right.  As I said above, I suspect that if there was a retrial, the jury would come to a different conclusion and find him innocent as there would be witness testimony from McDonald, present at the scene, to say that the sex was consensual between the victim and Evans, and that the victim was not too drunk that she couldn't make decisions.

Personally, I find it more shocking how many people want to completely ignore a thorough criminal hearing and assume a young rape victim is just some slag that prosecuted maliciously.

I don't think there's any doubt she's a bit of a slag mate considering she'll go and **** a bloke she meets in a takeaway at 3.30am

People are right to ask questions as the whole thing just doesn't seem right at all. It's the tweets they managed to get that worry me where she laughs and jokes about it talking about how much money she'll make. When blokes are being sent to prison for years and the victims are behaving like that it makes me feel bad.

The whole night is disgusting and sordid but I still can't get my around him being found guilty and his mate not when the cps charged both of them with rape. How can a jury decide she's lying about one but not the other.

I don't think there's any doubt she's a bit of a slag mate considering she'll go and **** a bloke she meets in a takeaway at 3.30am

People are right to ask questions as the whole thing just doesn't seem right at all. It's the tweets they managed to get that worry me where she laughs and jokes about it talking about how much money she'll make. When blokes are being sent to prison for years and the victims are behaving like that it makes me feel bad.

The whole night is disgusting and sordid but I still can't get my around him being found guilty and his mate not when the cps charged both of them with rape. How can a jury decide she's lying about one but not the other.

The jury didn't decide she was lying at all.

It came down to whether they thought that the two men had reasonable belief that she was consented and was able to consent.

They seem to have decided that as she jumped in a taxi with McDonald that he had reasonable belief, and that as Evans came in half way he didn't.

Whether she actually consented appears, oddly, to be irrelevant. Which is why I'm uncomfortable with our binary definition of rape.

Also my view.

She didn't even report a rape. It's a ballsy move to not report a crime you're trying to get someone stitched up for.

Ttfn is pretty much summing it up for me, the facts are she didn't accuse anyone of anything, she doesn't remember anything. The police only got involved because she went to them to try and find her phone.

This is the weird thing about it, she doesn't remember, they said she consented, so the first question is why believe them. When questioned both admitted to having sex with her and were quite open about it their stories were both clear in that she consented to Evans getting involved and she can do nothing to prove she didn't. The case focused not on her consent, as it didn't seem to be in doubt that she gave a verbal consent, but her level of drunkenness.

Now of course you can't take advantage of someone who is too drunk to know what they are doing, but how can you prove that, Evans and McDonald didn't think they had taken advantage of her. This is why I say he made a error of judgement in assessing her state of inebriation rather than call him a rapist.

He performed a legal act, but her level of drunkenness makes it a crime, not his actions. That doesn't seem right. If I get drunk and give something to someone and don't remember it in the morning it doesn't make him a thief, it makes me an idiot. Same principle.

If there was any evidence he forced himself on her, tricked her, coerced her in some way did something other than ask to join in then he deserves what he got, but there is no evidence of that.

mixed views about this...hes done his time through the judicial system which bestowed the sentance on him..why should he not continue his career??

It may be unsavoury that hes a pro footballer and will earn tons of money but if he was a pilot no one would say he shouldnt fly a plane again and not continue his career??

Still think hes a c.unt though to be in that situation when hes got some gf anyway....says more about her if shes still with him after he did admit to fooking this lass.

How are people ever supposed to rebuild their lives if they're not given the chance to do so?

This isn't me saying what he did was right (FYI can only go on what was found in the courts of law) but as the judicial system goes he's served the full sentence before being eligible for parole and should be given the chance to sort his life out.

I could of been done in Kavos, Zante and Benidorm because of girls like her, if she can't hold her drink and keep her knickers on then thats her fault.

If you thought she was capable of consenting and she did consent then it's highly unlikely.

If you thought she was capable of consenting and she did consent then it's highly unlikely.

Yeah but Loft's point is, which is something he referred to earlier on in the thread, that she consented at the time but for then whatever reason wanted to do some damage.

Would've been her word against his.

Yeah but Loft's point is, which is something he referred to earlier on in the thread, that she consented at the time but for then whatever reason wanted to do some damage.

Would've been her word against his.

No it wouldn't because she said she couldn't remember and never said she was raped.

I don't understand why people are pointing the finger at her.

I don't dispute his point that it's possible that that could happen but it's not comparable to this case.

How are people ever supposed to rebuild their lives if they're not given the chance to do so?

This isn't me saying what he did was right (FYI can only go on what was found in the courts of law) but as the judicial system goes he's served the full sentence before being eligible for parole and should be given the chance to sort his life out.

I absolutely believe Evans should be allowed to rebuild his life, get a job and move on. 100%.

Just not as a professional footballer. It should be a privilege, not a right, to represent a city or a country in a sport that millions watch and love.

Footballers should have values of sportsmanship and honesty that kids could look up to. It's bad enough that that's become a joke in itself without letting convicted sexual criminals and repeat offenders (Marlon King) play.

Why should footballers be role models? I really don't get this. I've never seen a footballer as a role model.

Ched Evans never signed up to being a role model, he's a professional footballer, he is paid to score goals, not bring up the nation's children.

I've never got my head around this.

Why should footballers be role models? I really don't get this. I've never seen a footballer as a role model.

Ched Evans never signed up to being a role model, he's a professional footballer, he is paid to score goals, not bring up the nation's children.

I've never got my head around this.

I agree. I think a lot of people seem to think because it's well paid.

There are plenty of other people that aren't professional sportsman that get paid more a year than Ched Evans would. Would people kick up this much of a fuss if say a partner from a top accountancy firm raped someone then went back into work after serving their time? Doubtful. In fact I doubt anyone would know that an event had happened.

It's not Evans' fault of the profession he's in.

The days of footballers being role models are long gone, but the fact of the matter is Evans will be in public eye - even at the level he's playing at. I also very much doubt that many proffessions would allow somebody back in after a custodial sentence for rape, regardless of the wage.

I'm not saying he should rot away with no career, earnings etc, but to allow a man who was convicted of rape back into football is not the right move in my eyes - it's easy for a group of young/middle age men to say they don't have a problem with it, but i'm sure there's plenty who do.

The days of footballers being role models are long gone, but the fact of the matter is Evans will be in public eye - even at the level he's playing at. I also very much doubt that many proffessions would allow somebody back in after a custodial sentence for rape, regardless of the wage.

I'm not saying he should rot away with no career, earnings etc, but to allow a man who was convicted of rape back into football is not the right move in my eyes - it's easy for a group of young/middle age men to say they don't have a problem with it, but i'm sure there's plenty who do.

There's always going to be someone that's not happy about something.

Ched Evans issues statement challenging the guilty verdict and confirming his appeal to the High Court.

Sky Sports News bring out representative from a charity and question her about the fact that he hasn't apologised to his victim.

He's hardly bloomin likely to apologise in these circumstances is he when contesting the Courts decision and insisting the event was consensual act?

Daft, poor and lazy journalism.

Archived