Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

How anyone can even remotely suggest our most threatening, most technically gifted player could be dropped is beyond me. His vision is second to none in this team. Yes he does get tackled at times but that's because he is a winger running at players, trying to get them to commit. Every time he gets the ball most of our fans that understand how talented this lad is get excited, how many players can you say that about. As has been mentioned he has been here 8 months and has been superb, if we are already suggesting he should be dropped for a couple of bad corners it really does sum this forum up.

I'd say Drinky is our best player in terms of technical ability

I'd say Drinky is our best player in terms of technical ability

I really, really like drinky but I would suppose it depends how you are defining technical ability, if you are talking about how drinkwater goes about his job within the team then maybe but I am talking about technical ability in terms of his skill on the ball and what he can do with it and for that in my opinion mahrez is far superior to anything we have. If you think drinky trumps riyad on that then I would have to disagree.

How anyone can even remotely suggest our most threatening, most technically gifted player could be dropped is beyond me. His vision is second to none in this team. Yes he does get tackled at times but that's because he is a winger running at players, trying to get them to commit. Every time he gets the ball most of our fans that understand how talented this lad is get excited, how many players can you say that about. As has been mentioned he has been here 8 months and has been superb, if we are already suggesting he should be dropped for a couple of bad corners it really does sum this forum up.

Good post

Maybe Pearson knew that the chances if us getting something from the game we're getting slimmer by the minute, Mahrez looked fecked and it was time for someone else to try and make an impact?

Just a thought.

I really, really like drinky but I would suppose it depends how you are defining technical ability, if you are talking about how drinkwater goes about his job within the team then maybe but I am talking about technical ability in terms of his skill on the ball and what he can do with it and for that in my opinion mahrez is far superior to anything we have. If you think drinky trumps riyad on that then I would have to disagree.

I'd say in terms of passing, shooting, first touch and technique.

Maybe Pearson knew that the chances if us getting something from the game we're getting slimmer by the minute, Mahrez looked fecked and it was time for someone else to try and make an impact?

Just a thought.

Possibly, but I don't think Mahrez looked fecked. He looked a lot sharper 2nd half than he did first. It was just over an hour into the 2nd game of the season after a full week between games, no reason for him to be that tired. If Pearson just wanted to switch it up he could have just as easily brought Schlupp off instead.

Commentators were loving him, saying how if he keeps this up we will strugle to keep him as the big clubs will be wanting him.

That was Bosnich in his halftime wrap. He surprised me so far has Bossa - he was really dismissive and negative pre-season about us but since seeing us play is actually very complimentary.

That was Bosnich in his halftime wrap. He surprised me so far has Bossa - he was really dismissive and negative pre-season about us but since seeing us play is actually very complimentary.

Well half time in the Chelsea game he was calling Mahrez, Mah-ha-es but he really likes him. Yeah both last 2 games he has stated how well we have played instead of doing the usual it's a top club v a bottom club so the top club must be playing crap.

hi guys, im new in this forum, i am algerian and of course follow all algerians players weekly. i like leicester team realy this year, surprised how well orgenised and balanced they are, pretty sure they will stay in PL. morgan and ulloa are monsters

so here is the mahrez game yesterday, decent effort but can give so much more, still fantastic skills. i found this resume in an algerian national team forum where every player from the squad get his week game on youtube. 

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9AvUXAn8Uc

He's young, raw, in a new country but he's talented, exciting, learning and adapting very quickly. Could cover a little better at times but is still learning his trade. Just when you think it may be time to take him off he glides past two or three players and proves you wrong. I do thing yesterday he was taken off as he was tired and a spent force to some extent and he just couldn't quite cover the ground enough to cover when we started to go under the cosh a bit. This is in no way a criticism as the pace and concentration required in Premiership football must be absolutely like nothing he and others have experienced before. He will get fitter and develop more as he's still young with a slight frame. Well done Riyad, your coming on fine and deserve a lot of credit!

How can people suggest he is not a team player?

He put a real shift in again yesterday and covered well defensively.

He has created 3 one on one opportunities for us in 3 games! If we were more clinical in the final 3rd then he would have 3 assists to his name!

Maybe his been taken off when he has because he is still regaining match fitness? He gets taken off about the same time every game, he did join us late into pre season because of the World Cup

hi guys, im new in this forum, i am algerian and of course follow all algerians players weekly. i like leicester team realy this year, surprised how well orgenised and balanced they are, pretty sure they will stay in PL. morgan and ulloa are monsters

so here is the mahrez game yesterday, decent effort but can give so much more, still fantastic skills. i found this resume in an algerian national team forum where every player from the squad get his week game on youtube. 

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9AvUXAn8Uc

Awesome video.

Fridoux please dont be afraid to post every-time you get one of these. I will always watch.

enjoy

Thanks for that Fridoux.

Big fan of Mahrez and I am sure he will develop further as the season progresses.

Archived