Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

What has he done away from home though?

Nothing is the answer.

Which is relevant when discussing his omission from the game yesterday because...

Pearson can moan all he likes but we wouldn't have got promoted without mahrez and knockaerts ability to open up defences (too risky now?). Similarly we won't stay up without scoring goals, hard work alone isn't enough. I get the feeling Pearsons returned to his conservative ways.

Mahrez was about our only threat last week with his shooting (perhaps NP didn't like the fact he never made a pass in the final third in favour of shooting).

I just don't like the fact that Pearson felt the need to make it public. He could just have said that Riyadh had a slight knock. Infact, if he had no intention of playing him yesterday, why not omit him completely?

pearson can get away wiv playing god with players like mills,danns n beckford cos luckily they were crap and not fans fabs.

However he's playing a very dangerous game with players who are both fans favourites and more importantly can influence games

What has anyone done away from home this season?

I thought Mahrez was good v Chelsea.

He has shown flashes of brilliance.

But he is lazy when tracking back, and away from home he tends to try and do too much with the ball, and gives away sloppy passes. 

He is one of our key players in terms of going forward, but other parts of his game can be seriously poor at times.

Without risk there is no chance to succeed. To not bring him on on Saturday was absolutely baffling, you could see during the first half the game was crying out for Riyad.

Yet another baffling decision.

If Mahrez is fit, Mahrez should play. Always play your best players and you give yourself the best chance if winning. If something needs changing during a game fine but give yourself the best chance from the off.

Yet another baffling decision.

If Mahrez is fit, Mahrez should play. Always play your best players and you give yourself the best chance if winning. If something needs changing during a game fine but give yourself the best chance from the off.

You could tell Pearson's post match comments about team players v Swansea was aimed at him in particular. He (Pearson) does seem as though he'd rather cut off his nose to spite his face at times, or maybe I'm looking a little too much into it. Regardless, he should be starting over 4 central midfielders at home to West Brom.

He (Pearson) does seem as though he'd rather cut off his nose to spite his face at times, or maybe I'm looking a little too much into it.

I would agree. Though I'm not sure if Pearson just wants him to stay grounded, we and he knows he has potential to go on to bigger things.

But he needs to start, and the more I think about saturday the more frustrated I get that he didn't play. I don't know if Pearson expected James to run through a defence like Mahrez does.

Pearson did this the season before last when our form dipped in the second half of the season. We were struggling to break teams down and lacking invention, so he benched Knockeart, often not even bringing him on later in matches when we needed a goal. I can't understand the logic behind it

What has he done away from home though?

Nothing is the answer.

in the PL, i think mahrez should be used as a play maker in a 4312 system or as a second attacker in a 442 system. pearson is using mahrez on the wings wich gives him a lot a of responsability to defend. take him out of the defensive task because he's wasting all his energy.

mahrez in the wings is ok when you play in the championship where you control the game but in the PL he has to be used differently.

i also wonder how come pearson didnt establish yet his regular holding midfielders, he change the combination on every game !!! the back four, the 2 holding midfielders and the play maker has to be the same on each game if you want some consistancy, he doesnt seem to realise this.

i don't care where he plays, how much effort he shows in training, how much of a point pearson wants to prove, mahrez starts every game unless he's injured. or we'll go down without even offering a fight. 

in the PL, i think mahrez should be used as a play maker in a 4312 system or as a second attacker in a 442 system. pearson is using mahrez on the wings wich gives him a lot a of responsability to defend. take him out of the defensive task because he's wasting all his energy.

mahrez in the wings is ok when you play in the championship where you control the game but in the PL he has to be used differently.

i also wonder how come pearson didnt establish yet his regular holding midfielders, he change the combination on every game !!! the back four, the 2 holding midfielders and the play maker has to be the same on each game if you want some consistancy, he doesnt seem to realise this.

Players like Knockaert & Mahrez at this level could be suited as you say in a playmaker role.

Defensively I don't think Knockaert & Mahrez are good enough to play on the wing at Prem level, they aren't the type of wingers who like to track back & help out the full-back. They offer a lot going forward even when played on the wing, but defensively they need to work harder. 

We have brought Albrighton and seen very little of what he can produce in both situations, I think Schlupp has done well this season especially at home, even though some fans think otherwise.

Against West Brom for example, we lacked cutting edge in the final third, someone creative and tbh Mahrez or Knockaert could of made a difference.

Archived