Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EGBFitness

Mahrez

Have a word with YOURSELF.

Obv the rules are not stricter as he was on his phone.

Maybe you and your mates should be concentrating on the game yourselves instead of looking at the bench. Christ he put his shift in and looked at his phone. Big fvcking deal. Amazes me that people find this sort of thing so offensive.

Haha good emphasis of YOURSELF lol

Yeah I'm sure your right, Leicester City a professional team in the premier league won't have stricter rules than semi pro teams lol

Maybe to keep people like you happy we could get the subs signing autographs and taking selfies with the fans during the game too? lol

Except people are jumping to conclusions without knowing the full facts. The lad may have a poorly relative and the club have agreed to allow him to keep a close eye on his phone just in case he has to be elsewhere. Without knowing the facts you can't really judge him or draw any conclusions, afterall he was sat amongst the whole coaching staff and it doesn't appear that any of them had any concern to ask him to stop.

You do have a point there, I'm sure if there was something (hopefully there isn't) then City wouldn't travel him back from Algeria as we have other wingers that could play if needed?

Agree with Bert, this was not a game for flair players and I would have withdrawn him earlier when it became obvious he was being bullied out of the game, definite starter next week for me though, pure quality :-)

Definitely, Stokes presence and game plan wasn't a game for Mahrez but definitely needs to be playing next week and will be enjoyable watching him rip Utd defence to shreds on national tv lol

You do have a point there, I'm sure if there was something (hopefully there isn't) then City wouldn't travel him back from Algeria as we have other wingers that could play if needed?

True, but who's to say that if this is the case, said person is based in Algeria. He may have family in the UK or France. I may be completely wide of the mark and this may not be the case at all but I think it is a little unfair to judge him without knowing the full details.

Haha good emphasis of YOURSELF lol

Yeah I'm sure your right, Leicester City a professional team in the premier league won't have stricter rules than semi pro teams lol

Maybe to keep people like you happy we could get the subs signing autographs and taking selfies with the fans during the game too? lol

Brilliant.

Completely go over the top to try and support your original overreaction.

People like me will be happy when the fans stop trying to find things to complain about.

Supporting a team is hard enough without shitty little non issues like this being brought up.

Not so long ago we had a team that when they were on the pitch clearly didn't give a shit. Our spirit is evident for all to see and Riyad is a part of that.

Why try and cast a shadow on that?

Brilliant.

Completely go over the top to try and support your original overreaction.

People like me will be happy when the fans stop trying to find things to complain about.

Supporting a team is hard enough without shitty little non issues like this being brought up.

Not so long ago we had a team that when they were on the pitch clearly didn't give a shit. Our spirit is evident for all to see and Riyad is a part of that.

Why try and cast a shadow on that?

It was put as an something I seen, it was barely an over reaction stating he should be fined/dropped to the youth team etc

Personally I see being on your phone whilst apart of the first team squad during a game as a lack of professionalism.

I do find brilliant your suggestions of checking his twitter feed or that professional clubs wouldn't have stricter rules than semi pro teams.

I haven't questioned our teams spirit or desire but as a set up that is normally so professional that Pearson has set here being on your phone whilst on the bench is strange to see

Personally speaking Stoke away was the wrong type of game for Mahrez. They're a big team and it's a quite an intimidating place to go. Bearing in mind that he's been halfway round the world and back this week as well, he looked quite tired.

Albrighton would've perhaps been better suited to this game especially having experienced the Britannia before.

Was rightly dragged and the subs paid off.

The question is should he have started if he wasn't 100% after playing for his country? same with Schlupp, both had poor games, both were travelling long distances and both are fast players (see Rodgers' comment on how he protects his fast players). Fair play to Pearson for making the changes at half time, but it was his starting line-up he had to change.

The next international break is just before the Newcastle away match which will be a tough game, but definitely winnable, do you think NP will rest them after the international break, like Stoke did with Diouf?

As for the phone comment, does anyone think he might be able to check his performance stats on his phone, we have all seen how they have all that info on ipads, surely it is there on the phone to check too.

lets put this into perspective how many of you while at work check your phone wether on ya break or at your desk or sitting at the job centre waiting to sign on the dotted line cause I know when im at work I check my phone certainly more than once

agree to an extent. but when you're involved in a football match, even though you are not playing, you are still part of it. this is the equivalent of a worker checking their phone during a meeting. which shouldn't happen.

however as people have mentioned there could have been a valid reason.

agree to an extent. but when you're involved in a football match, even though you are not playing, you are still part of it. this is the equivalent of a worker checking their phone during a meeting. which shouldn't happen.

I do it all the time, I'm even doing it now...

The question is should he have started if he wasn't 100% after playing for his country? same with Schlupp, both had poor games, both were travelling long distances and both are fast players (see Rodgers' comment on how he protects his fast players). Fair play to Pearson for making the changes at half time, but it was his starting line-up he had to change.

The next international break is just before the Newcastle away match which will be a tough game, but definitely winnable, do you think NP will rest them after the international break, like Stoke did with Diouf?

As for the phone comment, does anyone think he might be able to check his performance stats on his phone, we have all seen how they have all that info on ipads, surely it is there on the phone to check too.

I'm sure the Liverpool and Stoke fans are all congratulating their managers for not picking those players this week.

Archived