Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Rotherham & other City/Town child abuse scandals

No problem. Life's too short and there's too much serious stuff going on to stay irate for long about comments on a forum.... Is this the first use of the "royal we" on Foxes Talk, though? :ph34r:

Sorry that I felt the need to respond a bit combatively, but you did seem to be including me in your "we" ("The thing is, Alf, you didn't.....if you or I could.... We can't.....because I think that you see the world as I do....so we assume etc.).

Water under the bridge, anyway. Will still gladly buy you a pint if you're in Leicester (though I've been off the stuff for nearly 2 months now, myself).

I try to avoid "typical default positions", but no doubt I fail sometimes. It's hard to avoid polarising issues sometimes, when you see a real knee-jerk, bigoted comment....even though polarisation usually gets nobody anywhere.

I can understand people in authority acting a bit cautiously due to sensitivity over race relations, but not to the extent of allowing something like this to continue for years on end - that's disgraceful irresponsibility, immaturity or lack of decent priorities.

Depressing times. I've got enough crap going on in my life just now, without events like Rotherham. Can we have some good news now? A City win against the Arse would do just fine...

Cheers,

Like I said I'm trying to come to terms with the fact I was wrong and this case has played out exactly as MattP and others said it would.

To have it actually confirmed that people have not investigated hundreds of cases of child abuse for fear of how it reflects on them. To have it confirmed as fact rather than being able to dismiss it as another Daily Mail fantasy. Realising that if I was in that sort of position that I could very easily allow the sweeping of this under the carpet to go on.

Fortunately for all involved I am nothing more than an anonymous voice on an insignificant internet forum. I can see how people can get so entrenched in a mindset that even in the face of overwhelming evidence they revert to type and stick to their guns. It doesn't help that some of the people that were right, and I mean the Griffin's and Robinson's rather than people on here, are only right because it fell in with their entrenched mindset, and are still fundamentally wrong.

Like I said this whole incident has just made me think.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 3

What makes it worse is that over the years there could have been changes of personnel in the various departments yet they still seemingly ignored what was going on. Either they are not qualified or just incompetent in their jobs.

We know what the reason is. Deliberate ignorance on the part of the police.

Guest MattP

You're a massive racist.

Come on mate you're usually far better than this.

That's a pretty hurtful and offensive allegation to throw at someone you've never met.

1'400 kids abused over the course of 17 years, the majority of the perpetrators stemming from the Pakistani community.

Police, city representatives and social workers all involved in pulling the wool over the public's eye. Parents with children affected by the abuse were systematically intimidated and in some cases even apprehended.

A large portion of the kids, aged up to approximately eleven years, came from poor or violence-trodden families.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28951612

Come on mate you're usually far better than this.

That's a pretty hurtful and offensive allegation to throw at someone you've never met.

I remember quite clearly the thread he made in which he implied that black people are more likely to engage in criminal activity because they are black.

He never said it explicitly (probably because he knew he'd be slaughtered if he did), preferring to dance around the subject posting 'clues' so people could come to his conclusion themselves. He seemed to be rather enjoying himself.

I'm not disputing that. I just don't think the cause of that is race, if it is then we all ought to be racists.

ok but lets not forget the OP and the fact that

the rotherham issue is muslim men being pervs.

Does anybody think a council run by any other party would have acted differently?

no

its a fact that in proprtion to the population muslims and blacks in prison is greater than whites.

im no racist...me is a brown boy innit

That is true. Why is another issue and not relevant to this thread.

Cheers,

Like I said I'm trying to come to terms with the fact I was wrong and this case has played out exactly as MattP and others said it would.

To have it actually confirmed that people have not investigated hundreds of cases of child abuse for fear of how it reflects on them. To have it confirmed as fact rather than being able to dismiss it as another Daily Mail fantasy. Realising that if I was in that sort of position that I could very easily allow the sweeping of this under the carpet to go on.

Fortunately for all involved I am nothing more than an anonymous voice on an insignificant internet forum. I can see how people can get so entrenched in a mindset that even in the face of overwhelming evidence they revert to type and stick to their guns. It doesn't help that some of the people that were right, and I mean the Griffin's and Robinson's rather than people on here, are only right because it fell in with their entrenched mindset, and are still fundamentally wrong.

Like I said this whole incident has just made me think.

Why can't you make you replies simple  and to the point ? too difficult ?

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

The parties that don't fear the overused undervalued word racism them?

Honestly, the word racism is not the issue, it's the way it's always being used, the Tory's have no life experience with different races, Labour are too left wing and pander too much to PCism.  BNP, will create more fear and racism.  UKIP, on the outset look like a fairly balanced, common sense approach to racism, but scratch the surface are closet racists.

Overall the word is branded around too much, and it's not driven by ethnic minorities, but by outside factors, most ethnic minorities just want to get on with there lives and treated equal, yes there is always a minority that will abuse it.  In this case, the council, police totally did not want to bring the issue up due to race.  The media also, and all political parties, suggest to me there is a underlying reason why the word asian is being used and not muslim or pakistani..............this really is scary, as a nation we are not calling spade a spade!

• Like 1