Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Danny Simpson

Good signing. The first priority for a RB is to defend, especially for a team like us, and it seems that Simpson is a better defender than De Laet. It adds important depth to the squad too - I wouldn't have been happy having Moore/Wasyl as the only back up for De Laet. I can't imagine Simpson has cost much either, so ticks all the boxes for me.

Simpson to me is more of a 4-4-2 RB letting the winger attack with no defensive responsibility. . de Laet more of a 3 central mids sort of RB who can bomb up the wing a bit more.

Happy to be proven wrong though...

Doubt we will get both a Left-Back & Winger.

It all depends what Pearson sees Schlupp as now, if he still sees him as a left-back a winger could be needed, if he sees him as a winger then a left-back is definitely needed. 

Just glad we have got Simpson in though, Right Back was the only position where we didn't have outright competition. 

Think about how the squad is coming together. Looks good if you ask me. Where does it need more cover? CB, LB?

Kasper, Hamer

Simpson, RDL

Morgan, Moore, Wasilewski, Upson

Konchesky, Schlupp

Drinkwater, James, Cambiasso, King, Hammond

Mahrez, Knockaert, Albrighton

Vardy, Nugent, Ulloa, Wood

Looking at that I would say we could do with another winger but I suppose Schlupp can cover there if we need him too. Bakayogo might actually be back up for Konchesky in Pearson's eyes and he might be classing Schlupp as a winger this season, who knows. If that is the case I'd say we look like the finished article in terms of numbers. Maybe another striker like Nigel says but I like the look of that squad. Well done Nigel for sorting out our strength in depth problem.

Archived