Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Howard99

Morgan

Yes I have mentioned this on another topic but would like to discuss.

Is there in the premiership, a worse footballing centre back or captain.

1st his positives. He is a unit and in the main, man on man defends pretty ok.

But the rest of his game is at times woeful. His basic footballing skills remind me of players at school who werent really any good but pick at last moment. His trapping of the ball is uneasy, slow and takes an eternity to turn

Looks really uncomfortable with it and adopts the technique of passing the direction he is facing. Mainly back to Kasper, or across the back line putt ig others under pressure. So negative

What can Kasper do with a kick he cant? Surely?

Is he inspirational as a captain? In my opinion. No! He seems happy for others to organise and get the team moving.

Im very disappointed in him this season esp after the fuss he made last season to get hos new contrsct. For me he isnt a prem centte back and certainly not worth what lcfc pay him. Anyone agree or not?

Grow up, we were pretty solid defensively. If anything cost us, it was that we didn't manage to break through their defence and create enough solid chances to turn the game around, that isn't Wes Morgan's fault. It just isn't.

Yes I have mentioned this on another topic but would like to discuss.

Is there in the premiership, a worse footballing centre back or captain.

1st his positives. He is a unit and in the main, man on man defends pretty ok.

But the rest of his game is at times woeful. His basic footballing skills remind me of players at school who werent really any good but pick at last moment. His trapping of the ball is uneasy, slow and takes an eternity to turn

Looks really uncomfortable with it and adopts the technique of passing the direction he is facing. Mainly back to Kasper, or across the back line putt ig others under pressure. So negative

What can Kasper do with a kick he cant? Surely?

Is he inspirational as a captain? In my opinion. No! He seems happy for others to organise and get the team moving.

Im very disappointed in him this season esp after the fuss he made last season to get hos new contrsct. For me he isnt a prem centte back and certainly not worth what lcfc pay him. Anyone agree or not?

Have a play in traffic. If you survive, keep playing. Twat.

Have a play in traffic. If you survive, keep playing. Twat.

have you been watching the same games as me. You do know we have conceded 18 goals in 11 matches? With wes present in all but 1. And its just my opinion. And that is, as a prem centre back he isnt good enough in organising inspiring and technically. From what i see. Thats all.

Yeah and Morgan is to blame for ALL of those goals :rolleyes:

no i didnt say that at all. Just observed he has been an ever present in the 10 games we played. Is our captain and centre back. And if you do actually take the time to watch him, im guessing you will see a few of the points im making. Kasper is continually telling tbem to move up. Go forward. Even a goal down at newcastle, minutes to go. Wes is passing back to the keeper. No urgency. So thats replaced by the keeper. Have you seen any of that today? Maybe watch it back on yv tonight and come back to me.

no i didnt say that at all. Just observed he has been an ever present in the 10 games we played. Is our captain and centre back. And if you do actually take the time to watch him, im guessing you will see a few of the points im making. Kasper is continually telling tbem to move up. Go forward. Even a goal down at newcastle, minutes to go. Wes is passing back to the keeper. No urgency. So thats replaced by the keeper. Have you seen any of that today? Maybe watch it back on yv tonight and come back to me.

I watched the game and I'm not sure why he's getting so much stick from you. The lack of urgency is coming from the players further up the field. Not sure you can blame Morgan for wanting to make an easy pass to the keeper. 

I actually think he's quite composed on the ball. Not the most visually aesthetic on the ball but capable nonetheless.

have you been watching the same games as me. You do know we have conceded 18 goals in 11 matches? With wes present in all but 1. And its just my opinion. And that is, as a prem centre back he isnt good enough in organising inspiring and technically. From what i see. Thats all.

Which goal(s) are you referring to that is from a direct fault of Morgan's?

All three centre backs have been ok this year (Wes, Was, Moore). It's the full backs that are the problem.

I watched the game and I'm not sure why he's getting so much stick from you. The lack of urgency is coming from the players further up the field. Not sure you can blame Morgan for wanting to make an easy pass to the keeper.

I actually think he's quite composed on the ball. Not the most visually aesthetic on the ball but capable nonetheless.

ok stan. Fair enough. Fair comment.

Kasper present in all but one league game when we kept a clean sheet. Facts dont you love em?

Kasper present in all but one league game when we kept a clean sheet. Facts dont you love em?

lol. Irony at its best. But davey, Im just saying that Kasper is displaying all the attributes and qualities that Wes osnt as a premiership footballer and skipper. Positivity organisation inspirational and far more footballing technique within his role.

If you were a neutral and was told that our captain was one of the back 6 including cambiasso, there is never imo a time you would go for big Wes.

Im not making him a scapegoat for goals or losses at all. Just an observation on watching a fair few matches throughout my life. Thats all everyone whos taken exception to my views

Archived