Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Ryanair/Passport Query

I'm supposed to be booking flights on Friday with a group I'm travelling to Dublin with in June. The FO state that you don't need a passport to travel to Dublin as Ireland are part of the Commonwealth. I know for a fact that Ryanair have their own rules on this though.

Does anyone know how long you have to have valid on your passport when ģoing to Ireland with them?

Just had the phone put down on me after 10mins of queueing lol

Ireland, along with the UK, is a member of the Common Travel Area. British nationals travelling from the UK don’t need a passport to visit Ireland. However, Irish immigration officers will check the ID of all passengers arriving by air from the UK and may ask for proof of nationality, particularly if you were born outside the UK. You are therefore advised to take your British passport with you.

For more information about the types of ID you might be asked to present, see the website of the Ireland Citizens Information Board.

Most airlines and other transport providers won’t carry passengers to and from Ireland unless they have seen satisfactory photographic ID. Check with your carrier before travelling.

The Irish authorities have confirmed they will accept British passports extended by 12 months by British Embassies and Consulates underadditional measures put in place in mid-2014.

Sorry I must've misread common travel area mistaking it for commonwealth lol Reading small print is hard on a mobile.

I know you need a passport with Ryanair, just not sure if it needs to be 3 or 6 months in date.

Travelling in June, expires in December

You'll be fine.

I would assume you still need at least 6 months validity on your passport so make sure the dates of the flight to your expiration is over 6 months if you fly June and it expires December. Even if its only a day under 6 months they can still be awkward and refuse it as a Valid form of ID.

if we can fly anwhere in the Eu with an ID card I think it shouldn't be any problem for you... i'm from croatia

We don't ID cards in the UK and we're not in the Schengen  area.

I didn't know that... sorry, but if they don't cause problems to us even if we just got in the eu, they shouldn't cause them to you... 

off topic but what do you show to the police when they stop you on the streets, or they don't stop you?

I didn't know that... sorry, but if they don't cause problems to us even if we just got in the eu, they shouldn't cause them to you... but I think your passport must not expire in the next 6 months...

off topic but what do you show to the police when they stop you on the streets, or they don't stop you?

yes they do. but it's not a legal requirement to carry id in this country.

one more off topic i promise :) if you have a stadium ban do you have to be in a police station during the game (like we do) or you can try to get in the stadium if they don't recognise you since you don't have to have an ID and you can give them the wrong name...

if we can fly anwhere in the Eu with an ID card I think it shouldn't be any problem for you... i'm from croatia

Uk citizens dont have Id cards, only passports, for travel.

My wife and children (german citizens) use id-cards for Eu travel. I am Brit, still use Passport for EU residence.Not the pass.

one more off topic i promise :) if you have a stadium ban do you have to be in a police station during the game (like we do) or you can try to get in the stadium if they don't recognise you since you don't have to have an ID and you can give them the wrong name...

You definitely don't have to be in a police station and to be honest you can probably still get in quite easily.

People with bans have to hand their passport in to a police station when England play away though

I flew with ryanair in November. I don't know what all the fuss is about, perfectly comfortable flight, didn't rip me off or even try to.

ive had them try to before with the size of my luggage. if it isnt to their exact dimensions they try to make you pay £50 to put it in the hold. 

they used to get commission to if i recall correctly. 

Archived