Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

SACRE PRIMED TO STRIKE BACK

Barry's Blog

You’ve been doing Cheltenham with me long enough to know that I love to get that first winner of the meeting put away sooner rather than later so winning the Ultima Business Solutions Handicap chase on The Druids Nephew took the pressure down a notch

Just before 3.30 on Wednesday afternoon we will know the answer to the question I’ve been asked more than any other over recent weeks: “How’s SPRINTER SACRE?”

I can tell you now that he is going into the Queen Mother Champion Chase (3.20) in as good a form as he was before he won it with ease in 2013.

More important still, he’s in much better shape than he was before his comeback race at Ascot in the middle of January.

He just got tired that day finishing second to Dodging Bullets and I know he’s improved considerably on that.

I gave him a school the Friday before last and it told me he was in a good place – his schooling has always given a good indication of where he is.

I’d imagine the ground will be suitable and although I can’t be over-confident because of the problems he’s had to overcome I couldn’t ask for Nicky Henderson and the team to have produced him in better shape.

I’m just hoping that is good enough because I don’t see any difference between what he’s doing now and what he was doing in March 2013.

Be brave ....believe

http://youtu.be/BQIOAhPkC2A

Mind's made up. Come on the Sprinter!

Where is everyone getting these free bets from? Billy Hill have given me fvck all.

a 32red sign up offer, a very nice live chat lady on coral and a paddy power promo. and coral did a have £20 on the supreme get £5 every ruby winner which is apparently being sorted @ 10 am tomorrow. 

i've lost 2 free bets already though lol.

Well thanks to the douvan winning refunds I broke even on the 1st race today.

Won about 25 on josses hill thanks to its place and again got free bets thanks to pp.

About a ton up after machine winning and a nice little last minute ew as they set off on glens melody.

But more importantly my 5 fold acca of 35ew on UDS faugheen SDG peace and Co and silvinaco that pays 6k if it comes off if still alive.

not the best day. But had worse. Got champagne fever a while back at 8s in the queen mother and obviously SDG keeps my acca alive so may use my free bets on the other main pretenders. But that's the only race I am on tomorrow.

Today despite the fact it should have been 4 from 4 faves. Was a class day of racing across the board.

Yeah that's the question mark. More the Mullins factor that is pushing me towards him. To be honest my stakes will be low on the Champion Chase. Hard to predict. If Sprinter is anywhere near his best he wins though...

You ready for Arabian Revolution? Hoping he comes up with the goods to provide Ferguson with his first festival winner!

He has parlour games earlier in day ..he has a chance in an open race

Arabian went up 5 pounds today because the horse he walloped won a hot handicap at weekend means we are 5 pounds well in tomorrow

Each way he is a good bet

Mind's made up. Come on the Sprinter!

Look at the ascot race .....Barry NEVER shows him the whip , he was cruising 2 out then got tired in ground he ain't the best on ...was schooling in public really ....tomorrow the handbrake will be let off ....one word of caution tomorrow is a much better race than the 2013 and 2014 races ...BUT I EXPECT THE BLACK PLANE TO SOAR !!!!!

http://youtu.be/Vjz-XokYZb4

He has parlour games earlier in day ..he has a chance in an open race

Arabian went up 5 pounds today because the horse he walloped won a hot handicap at weekend means we are 5 pounds well in tomorrow

Each way he is a good bet

Always EW in those sorts of races. The Fred Winter is very open this year. Parlour Games has a very good chance but that is a very open race as well, finding it hard to pick one so gone with the most unexposed Beast of Burden who does look like a beast!

i've got parlour games in a patent somewhere i'm sure of it. think windsor park will run well in that too. 

thrown arabian revolution in an e/w double with djakadam in the GC too. hoping for a big run from both. we'll get to the gold cup eventually but i'm throwing djakadam in a number of multiples atm. 

i've got parlour games in a patent somewhere i'm sure of it. think windsor park will run well in that too. 

thrown arabian revolution in an e/w double with djakadam in the GC too. hoping for a big run from both. we'll get to the gold cup eventually but i'm throwing djakadam in a number of multiples atm. 

I reckon you're gonna have done a record number of multiples by the end of the week

Just got back from a bloody long but great day. Fantastic atmosphere, faves going in. On the day for food and drink I was about £10 up, so in betting terms about £70. Me and my old man had the Mullins horses in a £2 L15 so Annie Power's fall cost us a couple of hundred but was a smashing day. Everyone I spoke to had some sort of Multiple on the Mullins horses so that fall really did save the bookies. Another 200 yards in the Mares and my E/W nap of the week bitofabuzzle would have got up at 25/1, and paid for my entire festival and next years tickets too.

Tomorrow looks tough, Don Poli in the RSA I really like but it's now a pretty skinny price with such an impressive sort in Kings Palace in opposition. Champion Chase is devilish, with questions on the 'big 2,' and no real E/W value in the other 3 contenders. The rest look almost impossible and it's just a case of finding a few places at decent prices and keep funds steady for more sure things later in the week.

Mullins wins the first ,,,they can't split them at home. Jockey bookings can't be used as a guide so let the betting guide you but Mullins thinks outlander is very very classy he will be back for a chase next year but Nicholas Canyon jumps like a fast stag !!! If he stays ge should win , I just worry about a flat bred horse over this trip ...ground should suit but

I reckon you're gonna have done a record number of multiples by the end of the week

:D 

its cos most of them involve the same horses, so if the first few win i'll have some saver bets on the dangers to the last legs winning, but then put the dangers in with other fancies later so if they win we're a'rocking and a'rolling. then obviously if the first leg loses gotta go in again with a different second leg etc. 

and i've got a lot of free bets to use. and i hadn't had a bet since february which is bloody ages considering i usually have a few every day, cos i was putting all my normal betting money and previous profit into chelts. it's working out so far, i think lol

Thoughts??

don poli would be my best bet on day two. i've had activial e/w in a double so hoping for a place at least, most are paying 5 places but obviously a tough race to crack with that many runners. 

sprinter sacre is the best horse on past achievements etc, if it's back to anything like about 80% of what it was he wins, but nobody truly knows if he is outside of the henderson yard. 

outlander is in a very open race but mullins is on fire so wouldn't put anyone off backing anything he's running this whole week really. 

good luck if you go for that anyway. 

MARINERO

14-1

Will love ground ( won on GF)

Will love trip (won a pt2pt over 3m)

Finished just 6 lengths behind new sensation Douvan (rated 155 probablly 160 after today) on ground that wouldn't have suited

MARINERO will be running off effectivly 133 tomorrow and carrying just 10 stone 1

And trained BY THE HANDICAP KING !!!!!!

LOOK A PLOT !!!!!

Scouse I reckon you're over estimating Faugheen's win somewhat by saying Ruby was always in contol. Last 200 yards he was really getting to work and Arctic Fire was closing all the time. What was truly impressive was they way he shook off multiple Grade 1 winners from the turn to the last effortlessly. I reckon it's one of the deepest Champion Hurdles's in a while, and although it wasn't easy was impressive all the same.

Did Willie say anything about going chasing next season? Looks the type to be a top chaser.

:D

its cos most of them involve the same horses, so if the first few win i'll have some saver bets on the dangers to the last legs winning, but then put the dangers in with other fancies later so if they win we're a'rocking and a'rolling. then obviously if the first leg loses gotta go in again with a different second leg etc. 

and i've got a lot of free bets to use. and i hadn't had a bet since february which is bloody ages considering i usually have a few every day, cos i was putting all my normal betting money and previous profit into chelts. it's working out so far, i think lol

Makes sense...  lol

MARINERO

14-1

Will love ground ( won on GF)

Will love trip (won a pt2pt over 3m)

Finished just 6 lengths behind new sensation Douvan (rated 155 probablly 160 after today) on ground that wouldn't have suited

MARINERO will be running off effectivly 133 tomorrow and carrying just 10 stone 1

And trained BY THE HANDICAP KING !!!!!!

LOOK A PLOT !!!!!

You're throwing a spanner in the works here. 

16-1 with bet victor !!!

Just look at his form has some very very strong form around him

Looks a right handicap plot ...wouldn't be surprised if pricewise tips him up

I'd already picked Baradari (up in trip, good run at Cheltenham last year) and Dell Arca (also done well at course, first time blinkers for Pipe the magician) and now you put out something like that. If the money comes in for Marinero I will jump on it.

16-1 with bet victor !!!

Just look at his form has some very very strong form around him

Looks a right handicap plot ...wouldn't be surprised if pricewise tips him up

I've got Marinero in the short list but I keep being drawn back to Bears Affair who's got a 7lb claimer riding which puts him well ahead of the handicapper. He's got some cracking form and he's right up there with Marinero and Lac Fontana who is massive at 20s with a 5lb claim too. The Coral is a red hot race to call and along with the bumper one of the hardest to get right tomorrow.

I've got Marinero in the short list but I keep being drawn back to Bears Affair who's got a 7lb claimer riding which puts him well ahead of the handicapper. He's got some cracking form and he's right up there with Marinero and Lac Fontana who is massive at 20s with a 5lb claim too. The Coral is a red hot race to call and along with the bumper one of the hardest to get right tomorrow.

Absolutely, there's so many I keep coming back to as well. If Nicholls can get Lac Fontana back to anywhere near his best then he's going to go very close as his form last year trumps all of his rivals' form. Jockey bookings seem to say Aux Ptit Soins is the better chance but this time of year, decent ground and a return to a big field Cheltenham race could mean LF's gonna have a big run!

Archived