Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chrishlcfc

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Queen mother, what we saying?

I fancy a nibble on Champagne Fever.

hardest race to crack ive ever bet on I reckon. so many questions and doubts and plus points for each horse. the e/w value has gone from all 4 and any of them could win.

gonna spend tonight working out tomorrow's bets. so far already on arabian revolution from a while ago as well as parlour games and don poli. going in again on don poli I think.

got a dodging bullets/kings palace double in a multiple somewhere from a few weeks back too.

Queen mother, what we saying?

I fancy a nibble on Champagne Fever.

I think there are easily 3 horses better than him in the race tomorrow Sprinter Sacre, Sire De Grugy and Dodging Bullets. If Sprinter is anywhere near the horse he was before injury then he wins this without a question but that's the risk. For some reason that I can't fully justify in my head I can see Mr Mole winning tomorrow. I'm not sure if that's because AP is on board but I feel like he hasn't reached his ceiling yet performance wise.

hardest race to crack ive ever bet on I reckon. so many questions and doubts and plus points for each horse. the e/w value has gone from all 4 and any of them could win.

gonna spend tonight working out tomorrow's bets. so far already on arabian revolution from a while ago as well as parlour games and don poli. going in again on don poli I think.

got a dodging bullets/kings palace double in a multiple somewhere from a few weeks back too.

I'm on Arabian Revolution aswell.

50/50 on Kings Palace after I got my fingers burned last year.

for mr mole to win hed have to produce a huge personal best and still hope 4 other horses in the race perform pretty badly, imo.

i leaning towards sentimental bets on sire and dodging bullets and not properly touching the race and just watching in awe. might change that though.

I think there are easily 3 horses better than him in the race tomorrow Sprinter Sacre, Sire De Grugy and Dodging Bullets. If Sprinter is anywhere near the horse he was before injury then he wins this without a question but that's the risk. For some reason that I can't fully justify in my head I can see Mr Mole winning tomorrow. I'm not sure if that's because AP is on board but I feel like he hasn't reached his ceiling yet performance wise.

7/2 sprinter sacre is an embarrasing gift from desperate bookies ....don't look sprinter in the mouth ....he will wing the last and waltz up the hill alone !!!!!!

I like Dodging Bullets but always does well at Cheltenham until it turns up to the festival.

As you say, if Sprinter is Sprinter then it wins.

Sire I have a niggling doubt about.

CF loves the festval and the trip.

Mr Mole is a good price and in great form.

So many bloody options!!

From half 8 tomorrow morning.

ahh didn't read it all just the title :D

wonder if I will be able to use some free bets on that. tempted at the price. I've got a £20 free from them and I'm pretty sure I qualify for 3 x £5 for every ruby winner. Got £30 in free bets on 32 red too. Exciting.

Withdrawn about 75 quid to pay for my weekend so sorted already really :D

Considering everyone is making out Faugheen destroyed them he was about 2 seconds from being caught. Hardly Istabraaq-esque but no doubt he was the best horse on the day. The Fly earned me a tenner profit for the day so I can't complain.

Did not see that fall at the last coming, just shows why it's such an exciting sport. Horses are so unpredictable.

Considering everyone is making out Faugheen destroyed them he was about 2 seconds from being caught. Hardly Istabraaq-esque but no doubt he was the best horse on the day. The Fly earned me a tenner profit for the day so I can't complain.

Did not see that fall at the last coming, just shows why it's such an exciting sport. Horses are so unpredictable.

2 seconds is a long time in horse racing but I get what you mean. I'd really watch out for Mullins second placed horse next time. Mullins said afterwards that he thought that one had the most scope for improvement as he wasn't in as good shape as the others on the day. Arctic Fire was only beaten 1 and 1/2 lengths in the end.

Considering everyone is making out Faugheen destroyed them he was about 2 seconds from being caught.

Granted he took his foot off the gas a touch early but it was pretty much just like what Usain Bolt often does. I think even the horse was aware that the race was won.

Granted he took his foot off the gas a touch early but it was pretty much just like what Usain Bolt often does. I think even the horse was aware that the race was won.

was a funny race the sectionals will make facinating interesting reading

this is a champion hurdle field he's basically bounded away from.

he makes a pretty bad error two out, enough to knock most horses off their stride and need them pushing along to regain a place and their stride. he lands still in front, still on the bridle and then laughs at jezki (current champion), the new one (probably the best hurdler in england) and hurricane fly (an all time great). look at the way he puts them all to bed between the turn in and the last. see ya later.

the fact Arctic fire is coming to within a few lengths up the hill shows how strong a horse he is, not that faugheen isn't an absolute machine. deserves all the plaudits he's getting for me. people thought he'd not beaten much so didn't deserve credit, now he's beaten everything (quite comfortably) but he's not beaten them well enough, so we still can't give him credit?

He's an absolute animal of a horse. From 3m point to points on yielding ground to a 2 mile champion hurdle on good and still unbeaten. Monstrous.

Tempted by Champagne Fever but it's a ridiculously tight race because of question marks over all the main players.

Would love Sprinter Sacre to win it. Amazing horse.

Nothing Champagne has done suggests he is a champion 2 mile chaser , he is actually a false price in my eyes

Nothing Champagne has done suggests he is a champion 2 mile chaser , he is actually a false price in my eyes

Yeah that's the question mark. More the Mullins factor that is pushing me towards him. To be honest my stakes will be low on the Champion Chase. Hard to predict. If Sprinter is anywhere near his best he wins though...

You ready for Arabian Revolution? Hoping he comes up with the goods to provide Ferguson with his first festival winner!

this is a champion hurdle field he's basically bounded away from.

he makes a pretty bad error two out, enough to knock most horses off their stride and need them pushing along to regain a place and their stride. he lands still in front, still on the bridle and then laughs at jezki (current champion), the new one (probably the best hurdler in england) and hurricane fly (an all time great). look at the way he puts them all to bed between the turn in and the last. see ya later.

the fact Arctic fire is coming to within a few lengths up the hill shows how strong a horse he is, not that faugheen isn't an absolute machine. deserves all the plaudits he's getting for me. people thought he'd not beaten much so didn't deserve credit, now he's beaten everything (quite comfortably) but he's not beaten them well enough, so we still can't give him credit?

He's an absolute animal of a horse. From 3m point to points on yielding ground to a 2 mile champion hurdle on good and still unbeaten. Monstrous.

I didn't say he doesn't deserve credit, but to argue that he was laughing at them is just not true. It's easy to say the horse gaining on him is good but there have been plenty of very good 2nds in a champion hurdle that were beaten easier and by further than he was.

Credit where credit is due, he deserves to be the Champion Hurdler. But the way people talked it's as if he won doing handstands.

The more I look at it the more I'm leaning towards lumping large on Sprinter Sacre. He's too good to turn down at his current price.

SACRE PRIMED TO STRIKE BACK

Barry's Blog

You’ve been doing Cheltenham with me long enough to know that I love to get that first winner of the meeting put away sooner rather than later so winning the Ultima Business Solutions Handicap chase on The Druids Nephew took the pressure down a notch

Just before 3.30 on Wednesday afternoon we will know the answer to the question I’ve been asked more than any other over recent weeks: “How’s SPRINTER SACRE?”

I can tell you now that he is going into the Queen Mother Champion Chase (3.20) in as good a form as he was before he won it with ease in 2013.

More important still, he’s in much better shape than he was before his comeback race at Ascot in the middle of January.

He just got tired that day finishing second to Dodging Bullets and I know he’s improved considerably on that.

I gave him a school the Friday before last and it told me he was in a good place – his schooling has always given a good indication of where he is.

I’d imagine the ground will be suitable and although I can’t be over-confident because of the problems he’s had to overcome I couldn’t ask for Nicky Henderson and the team to have produced him in better shape.

I’m just hoping that is good enough because I don’t see any difference between what he’s doing now and what he was doing in March 2013.

Be brave ....believe

http://youtu.be/BQIOAhPkC2A

Great 1st day, about £60 up but oh what could have been if Annie Power hadn't have fell, it cost me £500 and my mate who I was with £3000 but that is racing, I am honestly more disappointed for the horse than for my money because it was just the best horse in the race by a country mile jumped like a stag and just jumped too early. never mind profit is profit :)

Archived